bmw 850ci backs down!!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on bmw 850ci backs down!! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; haha, this made my WEEK! Im rolling up to a deserted red light and in the slow lane is a ...

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar

bmw 850ci backs down!!

haha, this made my WEEK! Im rolling up to a deserted red light and in the slow lane is a man (mid 40s?) in a beautiful white bmw 850. Im hoping he's game, cause I've run those cars in my cobra (low 13s) and absolutely wasted them, so I know this run against my GT wont be pretty! I stop, and look over at him. His windows are down so I yell, "Nice car man! Is it fast?"

"Not as fast as yours! Thats a gorgeous car you've got there!"

"You wanna see how you do?"

"Nah, you've got way too much for me, I ain't trying it!"

"Alright, thats cool, you have a good night, nice car!"

BMW guy bowed down to my saleen clone...Never thought i'd see that! I cruised the rest of the way home with the fattest smile on my face!!
    2003 SRT-4

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The 850csi is one of the sickest cars ever made. The 850i had about a liter less of displacement and put out about 80hp less than the Csi (380 vs. 300). Any and all of the 850s were awesome performing cars though.

Check out www.e31.net , the videos section is insane. There is one of a panic stop from 155mph!!!!

You should have smile on your face if one of them backs down from you. I am sure the Csi would have been a different story

-joe
    '02 WRB Sedan

Removed silencer w/ Akimoto Velocity Stack, Blitz Dual TT, Autospeed Prototype Up-pipe w/ Flex-joint, Autospeed Crank Pulley, Autospeed OEM Dead Pedal, Samco IC Hoses, Axxis Pads, Goodridge Lines, Neo Synth Brake Fluid, Speedbleeders, Eibach Pro-Kit, Perrin Endlinks and Rear Sway, 17" Sub Zeros w/ 225/45 ES100s, Crucial Racing Thermostat and 1.4bar Radiator Cap, Autometer Sport-Comp Oil Pressure, EGT, and Voltmeter on the A-Pillar, STI Hoodscoop.

I want one to back down from me!!
    STIwish
    -------------------
    03 Subaru WRX Sedan WR Blue -
    RIP

And yet, for some strange reason, I would rather have been driving away in the BMW than the Ford

I rode in a 850, talk about SMOOTH. 12 cylinders feel like someone is pulling the car with a rope, seamless acceleration. Snazzy looks too, head turner for sure.
    2003 WRB Wagon. Vishnu Stage 2(VF30). DBA 5010's/steel lines/Carbotech Bobcat pads, MRT topmount. Tein coilovers, 22/24 mm sways, ALK....I'M DONE!!!!!!

Originally posted by MrSwede
    And yet, for some strange reason, I would rather have been driving away in the BMW than the Ford
    Yea, youre right. My car can out-accelerate, out handle, out stop, and looks better (IMO) than his. Yea, he has the superior car
    2003 SRT-4

OMG...I can only imagine how ecstatic you must've felt...that's awesome
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

Originally posted by RaccoonRacing
    Yea, youre right. My car can out-accelerate, out handle, out stop, and looks better (IMO) than his. Yea, he has the superior car

your car is sweet, no doubt, but i'd have to take the BMW too. i'm not saying your car isn't faster or lesser in performance, but i see mustangs EVERYWHERE. i've never seen a Bimmer 8 series in my life. not to mention the fit/finish of the bimmer, plus it's a V12!
    that's sweet he backed down from ya though, musta made ya feel good
    Originally posted by AbACUZ
    im new in here, I am AbACUZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Originally posted by AbACUZ
    No where, is my style diferent, yes, I am AbACUZ.

Yeah, i think i'd take the BMW as well... sorry
    STIwish
    -------------------
    03 Subaru WRX Sedan WR Blue -
    RIP

Where I live, in one of the wealthiest places on earth, 8 series bimmers are driven by 22 year old yuppies and/or old men. They're not fast, they're kinda outdated, imo, and they dont get very much attention.
    2003 SRT-4

Aahh, Twin Turbo Dinan.
    Steve McQueen's got nothin' on me...
    I'll take you back, west of Pleiades...

Originally posted by GriffinREX

Aahh, Twin Turbo Dinan.

*boing!* Woody!

Oh that looks like way too much fun.
    2003 WRB Wagon. Vishnu Stage 2(VF30). DBA 5010's/steel lines/Carbotech Bobcat pads, MRT topmount. Tein coilovers, 22/24 mm sways, ALK....I'M DONE!!!!!!

Originally posted by GriffinREX

Aahh, Twin Turbo Dinan.
    now that, I respect!
    2003 SRT-4

Ike
    I have a bumper sticker that goes something like... I'd rather push an 850 than drive a Mustang It may not be one of the fastest cars BMW has ever made but damn they were pretty.

And I really don't think they are out of date, they are still beautiful cars and always will be. I would take one over an E36 M3 or any stang that isn't a 65 Shelby or 67-68.

Ike

My Dad had a Euro spec 840ci with the 6 speed, I it was so fast. He drore the 850csi, and the 850ci. He like the 840 6s better than the 850. He loved the 850csi but that wasnt really what he was looking for, there just happened to be one there while he was looking at cars. 840ci 6s was faster and is and since its weight is less than the 50 it handled a little better. fun car, love the true couple (No B piller).
    Perrin short ram, Perrin Uppie, Perrin inlet hose, Perrin IC hoses, Cobb AP stage 2, MRT 3' turbo back, AMP boost controller @ 15.5psi, Freedom design front strut tower bar, Cuses Rear Strut tower Bar, KYB Adj Shocks, Eiback Springs, Perrin Rear sway bar, and links, 17' OZ Crono Evolution(17.5 lbs) W/ BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDW 2

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.