WRX vs newer v6 camaro

This is a discussion on WRX vs newer v6 camaro within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; well its not the most anticipating story of the year but im gonna post it anyways. lined up at a ...

Talking WRX vs newer v6 camaro

well its not the most anticipating story of the year but im gonna post it anyways. lined up at a light on beach blvd for all you so cal folks.
    i look over to see a camaro with 2 teens looking at me with **** eating grins. at first i was like "**** ls1!" (i lost to a ss by 2 cars like a month ago) then i looked at the car and saw no z28/ss badges, so i had the **** eating grin going on now.
    so the light turns green, i didn'nt launch cause i wasnt for sure they wanted some or not. but sure enough they did.

i launch at 3000 rpms, which isnt really launch in my car. just enough to start the spooling. they take off and are about a car ahead flooring it. im at there rear bumper for about a second then..... ahhhhhhh . the joy of boost i began too pull on them about 1 a car at the end of 1st, 2nd gear i pull about 2 more cars. and then they stop, so i stop as well. and thats pretty much it.
    wrx-1
    v6 camaro-none

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    good kill...i wouldnt consider v6 stangs or camaros to be true sportscars, musclecars, or even cool cars...GOD I HATE V6 MUSTANGS!!
    2003 SRT-4

yeah. there just for people that want the sport car name/look.

This bodes well... I have had a V6 Slowmaro owner talking crap about my car since I got it.. says I should have bought a real mans car like a Celica GT-S or at least a Camaro... *just grins* it should be fun when i make my way south again.
    STIwish
    -------------------
    03 Subaru WRX Sedan WR Blue -
    RIP

Originally posted by RaccoonRacing
    GOD I HATE V6 MUSTANGS!!
    Yeah, even the new V-6 Mustangs are pretty pathetic. In my old '95 Accord EX coupe (with the stock four-cylinder rated at 145 hp/147 lb.-ft) which only had intake and exhaust, I beat two V-6 Mustangs, once in a race that ended up being a six-mile chase and another time in a race on a two-lane road that merged into one. I was expecting a lot more from a car rated at 190 hp (give or take 10).

Originally posted by STIwish
    This bodes well... I have had a V6 Slowmaro owner talking crap about my car since I got it.. says I should have bought a real mans car like a Celica GT-S or at least a Camaro... *just grins* it should be fun when i make my way south again.
    Since when has a Celica GT-S been a real man's car? I've always thought of Celicas as chick cars, and besides, who would want a car that "just looks fast."
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to prosper." Ben Franklin

I dont know... is why i think he is quite flaming... the Celicas have always been very feminine imo.
    STIwish
    -------------------
    RIP

I Support ClubWRX
    Why rip on the Celica? It's a much more serious car than the V6 Camaro, IMO. Of course it has no torque off the line, but that engine is very S2000-ish in its ways (but to a lesser degree, of course). Yep it's a little girly, but Toyota made a nice car in the GT-S. I wouldn't be ashamed of having one.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Eh... Im not necessarily ripping.. they are just girly cars.. thats all.
    STIwish
    -------------------
    RIP

What kinda car is marketed as "looks fast"? Honestly.
    2000 LS1 Camaro M6

what should be marketed as that? The Celica, Tiburon, Cougar, V6 Mustangs or Camaros.... did I miss any?
    STIwish
    -------------------
    RIP