Mediocre kill in my slower car
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Mediocre kill in my slower car within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; My 2000 was hit, and now has a bad MAF and has been down on and off for about 2 ...

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar

Mediocre kill in my slower car

My 2000 was hit, and now has a bad MAF and has been down on and off for about 2 months now So I've been driving the Cobra as my daily driver. Anyway, I was on the freeway today and I was in the fast lane going about 80 in 5th. This guy in a brand new maxima (dealer tags) was riding my ass, so I got over like the polite driver I am but instead of passing me, he just paced me and looked like he wanted some. So I obliged, downshifting only to 4th and gunning it. He followed suit, but I put about 8 lengths on him to about 110 so I let out. He gave me the ricer flyby and I never saw him again. Guess he was disappointed in his new car.

FWIW, I get a ton of people trying to race my cobra, cause its a 94 and they had the regular v6 "mustang" lettering on the bumper, as well as the stock v6 hoods too...I think people tend to think I have a v6 with cobra badging cause more people attempt to mess with the cobra than with the GT!!
    2003 SRT-4

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: Mediocre kill in my slower car

Originally posted by RaccoonRacing
    So I've been driving the Cobra as my daily driver.
    Damn. Sux 4 U! Of course I would not want a V8 powered rear wheel drive musclecar to enjoy every day.

On a side note: do you think anyone on your RaccoonRacing site would be interested in the car I am trying to sell in my sig? vvv
    03 Cobra
    566whp/515wtq

Pics
    & Dyno
    Pics

Good kill. Sometimes it's fun putting people in their place.

FWIW, I get a ton of people trying to race my cobra, cause its a 94 and they had the regular v6 "mustang" lettering on the bumper, as well as the stock v6 hoods too...
    I know what you mean. Back in early March I had some fun with a guy with a white 94 Cobra. I thought it was a V6 because I also couldnt see any exhaust pipes. That was until I heard the engine. He had cut his exhaust short.
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

Re: Re: Mediocre kill in my slower car

Originally posted by AjIsDope
    Damn. Sux 4 U! Of course I would not want a V8 powered rear wheel drive musclecar to enjoy every day.

On a side note: do you think anyone on your RaccoonRacing site would be interested in the car I am trying to sell in my sig? vvv
    perhaps...Cant hurt to try! Sign up, its a cool board, we have some really fast cars (10s, daily driven) check it out!
    2003 SRT-4

Originally posted by silverscooby
    Good kill. Sometimes it's fun putting people in their place.

I know what you mean. Back in early March I had some fun with a guy with a white 94 Cobra. I thought it was a V6 because I also couldnt see any exhaust pipes. That was until I heard the engine. He had cut his exhaust short.
    Yea, cutouts are LOUD...but they get your underbody all dirty from the exhaust carbons...
    2003 SRT-4

Re: Re: Re: Mediocre kill in my slower car

perhaps...Cant hurt to try! Sign up, its a cool board, we have some really fast cars (10s, daily driven) check it out!
    Ok thanks. I noticed you have alot of Ford guys on there. That's why I ask.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Mediocre kill in my slower car

Originally posted by AjIsDope
    Ok thanks. I noticed you have alot of Ford guys on there. That's why I ask.
    exactly, like I said, we have a lot of fast cars, so its just natural that it's mostly fords

But feel free to sign up with your lesser automobile

totally kidding, btw!
    2003 SRT-4

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Mediocre kill in my slower car

exactly, like I said, we have a lot of fast cars, so its just natural that it's mostly fords

But feel free to sign up with your lesser automobile

totally kidding, btw!
    Hardy-har-har! At least the Torino is somewhat "built".

Wink

Ford boards have the best 'streetraces'... which tow truck can get to the Ford the fastest... gotta love those... always good for an adrenaline rush.
    STIwish
    -------------------
    03 Subaru WRX Sedan WR Blue -
    RIP

Originally posted by STIwish
    Ford boards have the best 'streetraces'... which tow truck can get to the Ford the fastest... gotta love those... always good for an adrenaline rush.
    well my car's not really running right now, so I cant really argue with that.
    2003 SRT-4

I look for pipes and so far haven't faced cutouts. If it looks like a V6 -- especially with a modded WRX -- that's not a respectable challenge. But most newer GT's and pre-03 Cobras are a blast to race. Nonetheless, I'll still not challenge a heavily modded GT or Cobra or a close-to-stock '03 SVT: Too many too easily in the low 12's or faster.
    '07 STI UGM: Protuned Cobb DP, Walbro, Prodrive BCS; Cobb heat shield; extra stock rims with Hankook iPike W409's; Subaru hitch mount; a Limited roof and wing
    '02 WRX PS: quick & trouble free but sold with 110K miles
    mods

You'd be amazed what can happen on the street though. It doesnt do much good for a car to have 100whp more than you if it can't put it down without spinning everywhere. I've had my share of stoplight races where the other car *should* have won, but didnt. Don't be afraid of those other cars...... unless you're going from a roll!
    12.5@109
    11.6@125

You'd be amazed what can happen on the street though. It doesnt do much good for a car to have 100whp more than you if it can't put it down without spinning everywhere. I've had my share of stoplight races where the other car *should* have won, but didnt. Don't be afraid of those other cars...... unless you're going from a roll!
    Yea, but on the other hand, i've "won" a lot of the races i've been lacking traction in, when the other person lets out cause im sliding towards them, bouncing off the rev limiter, tires squealing, exhaust roaring...lol...
    2003 SRT-4

That's okay. I'd be long gone by then.
    12.5@109
    11.6@125

That's okay. I'd be long gone by then.
    I know! Chirp and you're off...Im spinning...I know the wrx routine!!! But, dont forget, about 6 seconds later, you're 4 cars back

On edit, Oh damn, didnt notice the "353whp" in your sig...guess you're off and long gone
    2003 SRT-4

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast