Mustang's attempted rice-by

This is a discussion on Mustang's attempted rice-by within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was on my way to deliver some CDs to a friend...and to do so I have to cross this ...

Mustang's attempted rice-by

I was on my way to deliver some CDs to a friend...and to do so I have to cross this long-ass bridge. I got stuck in the left lane at an intersection where I have to merge or shoot ahead to get ahead of traffic before my lane ends. I'm thinking to shoot ahead when I notice a Mustang (looked to be a GT) with a body kit and huge, double-stack aluminum wing is on my ass. So, in 5th gear (STi), I stomp it. Dropped the guy like a rock and got in the front of traffic...but he got ahead of them too, so stayed glued to me once he could catch up. We got to an intersection where we could peel off to a road with 2 lanes, so I go and want the guy to follow so I can toast him...so he revs up and goes straight instead. What a wuss...tries to rice-by me at the merge, fails, and won't even test my or his car.

RN

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    domestic ricer...
    2003 SRT-4

I've found that "rice" is more a state of mind than anything.
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    Originally posted by silverscooby
    I've found that "rice" is more a state of mind than anything.
    yep..."state of mind" and "state of mods" one has on their car, be it foreign or domestic. Rice is a terrible disease.
    2003 SRT-4

Originally posted by RaccoonRacing
    yep..."state of mind" and "state of mods" one has on their car, be it foreign or domestic. Rice is a terrible disease.
    Right on all counts. Well, that Mustang shouldn't feel bad...a C5 convertible tried to drop me and couldn't. He got to about a 5mph roll, then stomped it and only got the distance from between when he stomped it and I stomped it. We stopped at 70 mph because we saw cops ahead... An STi is a glorious thing.

RN