Racing stories, I wish

This is a discussion on Racing stories, I wish within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I really enjoy reading the kills and such...my only complaint is that I never get to race anyone! Last week ...

Racing stories, I wish

I really enjoy reading the kills and such...my only complaint is that I never get to race anyone! Last week while I was driving I was either next to or had the opportunity to race some great competition. There was at least two Cobras, a brand new M3 (he didnt even look at me), tons of Camaros/Trans Ams, no one looks over. I do have a wagon (with some mods) and would have lost to most of these cars. Do I need to make it ricer, more stickers?
    At least I don't get any speeding tickets, but I need to stop living vicariously thru my WRX bretheren.
    Not all who wander are lost

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Buy an RFL-TI with the 5" Titanium tip... then people will either run scared (usually Hondas) or will run against you on principal. It gets people to race and it sounds great to boot
    STIwish
    -------------------
    03 Subaru WRX Sedan WR Blue -
    RIP

or get a Kakimoto GT1.OZ Cat. back... its nice. add a catless downpipe to that and it gets even better.
    '05 CGM Subaru Impreza WRX Mods
    '02 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX (sold)
    '94 Subaru Legacy Wagon L (daily)
    '90 Toyota Supra Turbo

funny, i'm in the same situation.....and i've had my wrx since dec. 01.............to this day, i have yet to have gotten into a street race w/it

but i sure do like reading this forum......esp on monday, cuz there's usually some good stories after the weekend
    k&n, sti-hoodscoop, engine mounts, & tranny mount, blitz dtt, catless up-pipe, samco ic hose, greddy CC, cusco f/r swaybars, gutted midpipe, oil cooler, prodrive exhaust & f/r replica sti strut tower bar, gunmetal rota tarmac, goodridge ss lines, p'n'p exhaust manifold

deny the fly-by

That's about it Capt. I have some runs ins with Hondas or Integras but nothing that I would write about here. Maybe I should move to LA. For instance I was in Providence, RI.
    On the highway there were two mustangs (one with a huge friggin wing, I thought he was gonna lift off) and nothing. Even a Honda DX hatch with big freaken Honda VTEC written on it and nothing.
    But conversly, I see all kinda of great cars coming the opposite way. My wife has a G. Cherokee with the V-8 and she has even raced a WRX before. Actualy she seems to get challenged everwhere she goes and she drives a jeep!!!
    Not all who wander are lost

When I was stock, I would get challenged left and right. Now that I'm at a stage 4+, I rarely ever get challenged. My exterior mods are the same so

-Bob
    I am the Anti-rice.

TurboXS stage 4+ and much, much more...

Drive aggressively when its safe and like to rev alot...
    STIwish
    -------------------
    03 Subaru WRX Sedan WR Blue -
    RIP