Idiots lately
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Idiots lately within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I've had fairly good luck avoiding street racers since I bought the WRX. In black, with no wing, it's pretty ...

Idiots lately

I've had fairly good luck avoiding street racers since I bought the WRX. In black, with no wing, it's pretty stealthy.
    Lately I've had way too many idiots in silly cars attempting to race me.
    Yesterday morning on the BQE some kid in a dark tinted, fart canned, early 90s honda accord wagon with misty purple fog lights demonstrated his racing prowess by tailgaiting and attempting to follow me whever I went. Every time he had an open space, he floored the gas and made lots of noise.
    He was quite thrilled with himself until the road opened and I put who the hell knows how many car lengths on him. What can that car run? 19s? Thereafter we played cat and mouse. He would pass me, weaving through lanes and tailgaiting everyone in his way. Nearly rear ended three cars. Then I would pass him at my constant speed of 65 with a big smile for him.
    I'm getting tired of them, though. I can't speed anywhere without some moron viewing it as an invitation to race.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

GXX
    you're telling me...i've had Jeep Cherokees try me...
    w00t!

Originally posted by GXX
    you're telling me...i've had Jeep Cherokees try me...
    Me too!!
    Steve McQueen's got nothin' on me...
    I'll take you back, west of Pleiades...

Jeep Cherokees have more power than a Honda Accord Wagon

i forgot what cherokee my friend had but he kept on wanting to race me. he said he beat rsx's and stuff. maybe it was a grand cherokee or a 5.9L or whatever, i dont know.

i don't race, period, but i heard you won't put a whooping on them, just a beating.

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    I know, what the hell? I always have kids in WRX's trying to race me

People take pride in their cars, and usually want to see how they'll do against other "performance" cars. Either ignore the idiots like that guy, or just keep smoking them like I do.
    2003 SRT-4

yeah i know what you guys mean

The Jeep 5.9L was pretty fast for a SUV went like 6.8 0-60 had tons of low down torque. If you didnt launch it right it could beat you to 60 but its 1/4 mile time is probably in the high-mid 15's. My friend had one and me and another friend were riding in it, after we told him his SUV was a piece of junk and couldnt pull axis spins on the dirt he was determined to prove it to us but instead he made the jeep do cart-wheels in the air and land on its roof. He was a real IDIOT.
    Sold: 2002 WRX
    w/VS0 best of 13.5 at 97.5

New: 2003 Silverado

I'm with Racoon... I'm always up for a challenge and half the time im the one instigating any time i find something that would be fun to race.... smoke em and leave em.. if you dont want to race... dont race.
    STIwish
    -------------------
    03 Subaru WRX Sedan WR Blue -
    RIP

I hear ya. I have had my car 7 days (no wing) and have had attempts from a chrysler newyorker and s10 blazer? At first you want to show these morons but then you realize its not worth the gas $$$$$$$.

I probably could have took them in 'break in mode'!
    04 JBP
    Stock - they are watching.

Just wait til you have men in minivans trying to test you. Its fun putting them in their place.

Dude, don't let them get to you. I got pulled for doing 83 in a 45 on the BQE. 8 POINTS!!!
    Matt
    WRX-less, now RSX-y!!!

Originally posted by BlueSubie02
    Just wait til you have men in minivans trying to test you. Its fun putting them in their place.
    I still don't get it. Why the minivans? Always the damn minivans!

I used to live in Janesville, WI. There's a Chevy plant in town and every kid with a Cavalier is looking to race 24/7. Here's a walk down memory lane; my very first idiot kill.

First Kill

i get revved on like once every 2 months... turboed 240 was the last car to rev on me, but it was a nice car rev, not a lets race rev... for some reason they dont try me... i would think they would be all over my velveeta colored rex...
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast