Buddy just came over with new GTI anniversary
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Buddy just came over with new GTI anniversary within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; whoa this car is so nasty!!! he took me for a rip handles so fcking well hitting turns jumped to ...

Buddy just came over with new GTI anniversary

whoa this car is so nasty!!! he took me for a rip handles so fcking well hitting turns jumped to 80 and 100 nice and quick. pulled fairly hard. nice interior the polished look to some parts 6speed with recaro seats. niiiiiiiiiiiiiice shtuff i see no fault in that car. the headlights are new and look amazing the bumpers on it and what not awesome. he got the upgraded stuff and 18s. he got it all for like 21 out the door (he works for a VW, porsche, audi, saab dealer.)

HANDS DOWN AWESOME!!!
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I love the way the anniv gti looks...21 with the upgrades is a great deal...kinda slow in stock form but nice modding platform!
    2004 R32: 220 whp

For Sale: 2003 wrx
    376 whp @ 22 psi, 93 octane

Pics:
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/badassrex

Very nice car. A friend of mine has a 337. He says it is basically the same car. Can be very quick once modded. He has everything you can do to the car without upgrading the turbo and I can barely pull on him from a roll.
    PM me if you're in the need for high speed affordable video hosting.

Any pics of this anniversary GTi? 1.8Ts are the sh*t.
    2000 LS1 Camaro M6

Some pics here. This is a great modding platform. I have seen one in person and it looks sharp.

http://www.vwvortex.com/news/02_03/02_12/index.shtml
    http://www.vwvortex.com/news/01_03/01_28/index.shtml
    Run Forest, Run
    04 Java Black 5Mt XT

They are nice looking cars. My roommate has a 1.8T beetle, it has pretty good power at first but if you floor it there is nothing left in it and there is no top end. Its perfect for commuting though.

1.8ts make nice torque.. but the K03 is its biggest bottle neck.. turbo is way to small to push the boost for good top end... a turbo swap, chip and exhaust will make the car seem like a totally different creature...
    STIwish
    -------------------
    03 Subaru WRX Sedan WR Blue -
    RIP

they are very nice, i used to say any guy shouldnt drive a VW, I was ignorant. I admit that... If I couldnt have afforded a WRX you can bet i would be all over that yellow GTI
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

YES the turbo is the bottle neck..

APR has a stage III that puts down 302 to the wheels.. On average people are putting down 12.6's

Only problem is that the stage III is 3999. alone without labor.. from there you need a clutch and LSD .. thats another 2K without labor...

If money only grew on trees..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 337sunset.jpg  
    0-60 in 5.678 on 4-21-03
    BEST 1/4 Mile 14.098 @ 103.1 On the street
    BEST 1/4 Mile 14.123 @ 100.3 At the track

mmmmmm 337 so pretty. I was just at Hooter's in Fairfax and there was a Black 20th AE out front. That thing looks great too.

Don't forget that for the APR stage III you need to add a turbo back exhaust.

What was the problem with the 337 wheels? Were they pitting? I heard some people complaining about them but never heard any specifics.
    Run Forest, Run
    04 Java Black 5Mt XT

goood lord tha pic is beautiful.

but my good buddy has a 03 1.8t with a neuspeed chip, full turbo back, intake and turbo inlet pipe. the only way i can beat him is from a stop. if we go from a 30+mph roll it is a dead heat. and i am basically a stage 2 right now. they are defintly not a car to play with and expect to smoke them unless you are heavly modded.
    2002 Silver WRX with:

TurboXS MBC @ 15.5, Kartboy Short Shifter, Kartboy Shift Bushings, Godspeed Uppipe, Custom 3" Turboback Exhaust with 4" Bellmouth and Flowmaster Muffler, Eibach Springs, Diablo C9 18" Rims, Wings West body Kit and Wing

whodeani,
    whats a better platform vr6 or 1.8t?
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

I saw one of these in black at a local dealer when I went to get my gf's new Jetta. Looked sweeeeeet. Very nice package from the factory. They even started it up as it sat in the showroom.

Vroooooooooooooom!
    03 Cobra
    566whp/515wtq

Pics
    & Dyno
    Pics

very nice cars

One thing I absolutely love about VW's are their interiors. They could rival the more expensive luxury line-ups.
    Besides the interiors, I've always been a fan of the unique look and feel of the VW, little wonder why they have a cult following.

My friend also has a 337, and another has a jetta 1.8t...very nice cars indeed.
    e46 M3 (new toy)
    02 wrx w/257 swap (now sold)
    IS 300 5spd w/ NAV (hers)

Originally posted by CustomS10
    whodeani,
    whats a better platform vr6 or 1.8t?
    That all depends on how much you've got in the bank. The 1.8T can go pretty fast for less, but the VR6 beats it out if you've got butt-loads of money.
    Sheppe (aka WRXless)
    '02 Jetta GLS 1.8T

Jetta Pic 1
    Jetta Pic 2
    Jetta Pic 3

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.