Buddy just came over with new GTI anniversary - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Buddy just came over with new GTI anniversary within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; s/c vr6 is pretty good if u ask me. constant power no laaaag...

s/c vr6 is pretty good if u ask me. constant power no laaaag
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Stupid question, but is the upcoming R32 the only AWD Golf?

The R32 will be the only AWD Golf in the US. IIRC there is a 4 motion (AWD) VR5 (yes 5 cylinder) golf in Europe.

I have heard rumours that the upcoming Golf V platform will offer AWD.
    Run Forest, Run
    04 Java Black 5Mt XT

OK fist questions first..

CustomS10.. 1.8t's you get more from your money when it comes to mods.. I have three friends who have VR6 with Turbos.. all different companys.. and yet all have problems with there software.. Bugs.. all of them when the car is running decent they are all running any where from 14.0 to 14.5.. wheel spin through all of first. So far from what I've seen if pocket books didn't matter.. the 1.8t's have seen close to 460hp and 500+ tq on stock blocks but not stock turbos.. I haven't seen a VR6 come close to 350 hp doesn't mean they are not out ther.. just haven't heard of any..

VetteVert- the R32 with be the only AWD GTI once it gets here.. They're bringing over the 2 door making it a GTI. Where Europe has their cars called GOLF GTI's.. the 337 in Europe had the Golf and GTI badge on the car.. Also ther is talk that the MK V will have AWD models not 100% sure but there is talk the the US will see this.. So for now it looks like the R32 will be the only one for now.
    0-60 in 5.678 on 4-21-03
    BEST 1/4 Mile 14.098 @ 103.1 On the street
    BEST 1/4 Mile 14.123 @ 100.3 At the track

i'm typing this while running out the door so i didnt get to read the entire thread but is the 1.8t anniversary addition with pics shown above fwd?

All Golfs/GTI's are FWD unless it is an R32 or one of the Euro AWD units. The was a limited edition AWD GTI called IIRC a Rallye Golf/GTI that was powered by a G60 engine (s/c 4 cylinder that originally was in the Corrado) that was available in Canada/Europe. There are a few swaps out there included at least one or two Corrado's with AWD That would be a fun car.

I really wish VW would make the R32 with the option of getting the 1.8t.
    Run Forest, Run
    04 Java Black 5Mt XT

There is a company in Canada that put together a Bi-turbo AWD kit that runs 26K.. I'm not sure if any of you have seen the video floating around but the car puts down 350 hp AWD.. it can so dounuts!! it's waaaaay crazy!!!

It's blck with a big hatch wing it's also a MK IV with silver stips on the along the side of the car.. Again if money only grew on trees
    0-60 in 5.678 on 4-21-03
    BEST 1/4 Mile 14.098 @ 103.1 On the street
    BEST 1/4 Mile 14.123 @ 100.3 At the track

Originally posted by VA_WRX

I really wish VW would make the R32 with the option of getting the 1.8t.
    oh well, guess i'll just have to live with the 3.2l N/A (which is the same engine that comes in the new VW suv) not to be a smartass though. but the 1.8t would be nice, i had a passat wagon with a 1.8t, and it pulled dang hard enven in a car that size
    Last edited by ESXwrxguy; 07-13-2003 at 04:31 PM.
    if everything's under control, you're going too slow

*******BUY MY '88 Mercedes 560 sel so i can get a subie!!!!!!!!!!!! ($6k excellent condition)*******

sold
    02 sedona red wrx wagon (ESX stage IV) IHI VF-22, MRT intercooler, ESX/TRP full turbo back 3" exhaust, ESX/TRP 3200 lb racing clutch, AVO BOV, Blitz FATT digital turbo timer, piggy back computer system, ESX/TRP pulley, ESX/TRP lightweight flywheel , Injen cold air intake, Samco silicone hoses, black Enkei 18" DM5 with Yokohama AVS ES100s, STI short shift kit

dad's car
    '04 BMW m3 convertible. 19's, 6 speed, xenon, etc

Originally posted by whodeani
    There is a company in Canada that put together a Bi-turbo AWD kit that runs 26K.. I'm not sure if any of you have seen the video floating around but the car puts down 350 hp AWD.. it can so dounuts!! it's waaaaay crazy!!!

It's blck with a big hatch wing it's also a MK IV with silver stips on the along the side of the car.. Again if money only grew on trees
    Here's a link to their site. They're only about 3 hours from my place. One day....

http://www.hpamotorsports.com/
    Sheppe (aka WRXless)
    '02 Jetta GLS 1.8T

Jetta Pic 1
    Jetta Pic 2
    Jetta Pic 3

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by WRXless
    Here's a link to their site. They're only about 3 hours from my place. One day....
    http://www.hpamotorsports.com/
    490HP Twin Turbo New Beetle! Sheesh!
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Originally posted by RayfieldsWRX
    490HP Twin Turbo New Beetle! Sheesh!
    Seriously! They also have a twin turbo VR6 Jetta that makes 490hp and 525ft./lbs. of torque!

For the most part, isn't the R32 going to basically be a Audi TT V6? Both will have the Haldex AWD (FWD -> sends tq to the rear for AWD) and a V6. But the TT will have that nice new uber fast shifting seq. gearbox with the dual clutches that allow quicker shifting than the new M3. So what is the R32 going to offer above and beyond that except for more interior space?

chris
    Moderator: Retired
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan 5MT - Road Rally - Best 1/4mi: 13.954 @ 97.36mph (3448 lbs)
    2001 Mazda Miata 5MT - AutoX #99 (NNJ Region SCCA 2005 CStock Champion)
    1988 BMW 325 (2.7L "i" conversion) Sedan 5MT - Daily Driver (AutoX soon!)
    "If you can't drive this car fast you can't drive fast." --British Magazine, CAR, on the WRX

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.