Stock times for automatic ws6
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Stock times for automatic ws6 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Some kid I know has an autoolmatic w6s trans am. Its the ram air kind and I was wondering what ...

Stock times for automatic ws6

Some kid I know has an autoolmatic w6s trans am. Its the ram air kind and I was wondering what they run stock, and w/exhaust.

He maintains that all 4cly cars suck, and I was wondering where id have to be to have a shot at him.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I had one they run anywhere from a 13.1 to 13.4 but with a free ram air mod and a air lid and exhaust they are easily in high 12's. You can get em off the line but they will catch you fast.
    Stage 4 (vf34) + tmic + mbc

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    guy sounds like a jackass...but unfortunately, you'd have to be very well modded to take one down. LS1s are hand built by God himself.
    2003 SRT-4

Re: Stock times for automatic ws6

Originally posted by CKxx
    Some kid I know has an autoolmatic w6s trans am. Its the ram air kind and I was wondering what they run stock, and w/exhaust.

He maintains that all 4cly cars suck, and I was wondering where id have to be to have a shot at him.
    Do you have any mods to your WRX? If you do you should race him. I used to beat stock LS1's all the time with my Turboxs stage 2 setup( exhaust and boost controller). If your stock, I wouldpass on racing him. A stock WRX can hang pretty good up to 60mph or so and then its all over.
    This is comming from a past LS1 owner also. My automatic LS1 ran consistant mid to high 13s at the track. My best bone stock was 13.4 @ 105 in the 1/4 mile.
    My best 1/4 mile time in my WRX with full turbo back exhaust, and boost controller was 13.3 @ 100mph. Thats with a 1.78 60' time. So you need to get a really good launch to run those times.

So I would say get a few mods and race him. Just keep the race to a 1/4 mile or less and you will show him your for real.

so, with TXS stage 2(unichip,exhaust,boost controller) you
    were able to beat a stock Transam with ramair. Ls1 engine?

Is this correct?

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    Originally posted by MengHang

Is this correct?
    If so, he's talking about from a dead stop, up to MAYBE 100. DO NOT attempt to race an LS1 from a roll! You will not be happy with the results!!
    2003 SRT-4

Originally posted by MengHang

Is this correct?
    Yes, with my Turboxs stage 2 setup, I would beat them all the time. This was in the 1/8 mile and the 1/4 mile. This was racing at the track from a dead stop.
    I had a friend that used to have a WS6 Ram Air Trans Am and I beat him everytime we raced at our local 1/8 mile. The 1/8 mile is racing to 80mph or so. When we raced in a full 1/4 mile he would usually be coming on strong and pass me just before or after the 1/4 mile mark. One day I even beat 4 different LS1s at Bradenton Motorpark (1/4 mile) with my Stage 2 WRX.

With my stage 4 setup, I would beat him big time in the 1/4 mile. I could also beat him from a 1st and 2nd gear roll. From a 3rd gear roll it was a pretty close race but I usually beat him up to 130mph or so.

So, in review, I wouldn't try racing an LS1 at higher speeds ( from a roll) unless you have an upgraded turbo ( stage 4 setup).

But with a mbc and exhaust - don't even need a unichip- you can definately beat an LS1 (if your a good driver) in a short race from a dead stop.
    0- 90mph or so.

Re: Stock times for automatic ws6

Originally posted by CKxx
    I was wondering where id have to be to have a shot at him.
    A lightly modded STi...
    www.streetwiseimports.com

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.