Stock times for automatic ws6

This is a discussion on Stock times for automatic ws6 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Some kid I know has an autoolmatic w6s trans am. Its the ram air kind and I was wondering what ...

Stock times for automatic ws6

Some kid I know has an autoolmatic w6s trans am. Its the ram air kind and I was wondering what they run stock, and w/exhaust.

He maintains that all 4cly cars suck, and I was wondering where id have to be to have a shot at him.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I had one they run anywhere from a 13.1 to 13.4 but with a free ram air mod and a air lid and exhaust they are easily in high 12's. You can get em off the line but they will catch you fast.
    Stage 4 (vf34) + tmic + mbc

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    guy sounds like a jackass...but unfortunately, you'd have to be very well modded to take one down. LS1s are hand built by God himself.
    2003 SRT-4

Re: Stock times for automatic ws6

Originally posted by CKxx
    Some kid I know has an autoolmatic w6s trans am. Its the ram air kind and I was wondering what they run stock, and w/exhaust.

He maintains that all 4cly cars suck, and I was wondering where id have to be to have a shot at him.
    Do you have any mods to your WRX? If you do you should race him. I used to beat stock LS1's all the time with my Turboxs stage 2 setup( exhaust and boost controller). If your stock, I wouldpass on racing him. A stock WRX can hang pretty good up to 60mph or so and then its all over.
    This is comming from a past LS1 owner also. My automatic LS1 ran consistant mid to high 13s at the track. My best bone stock was 13.4 @ 105 in the 1/4 mile.
    My best 1/4 mile time in my WRX with full turbo back exhaust, and boost controller was 13.3 @ 100mph. Thats with a 1.78 60' time. So you need to get a really good launch to run those times.

So I would say get a few mods and race him. Just keep the race to a 1/4 mile or less and you will show him your for real.

so, with TXS stage 2(unichip,exhaust,boost controller) you
    were able to beat a stock Transam with ramair. Ls1 engine?

Is this correct?

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    Originally posted by MengHang

Is this correct?
    If so, he's talking about from a dead stop, up to MAYBE 100. DO NOT attempt to race an LS1 from a roll! You will not be happy with the results!!
    2003 SRT-4

Originally posted by MengHang

Is this correct?
    Yes, with my Turboxs stage 2 setup, I would beat them all the time. This was in the 1/8 mile and the 1/4 mile. This was racing at the track from a dead stop.
    I had a friend that used to have a WS6 Ram Air Trans Am and I beat him everytime we raced at our local 1/8 mile. The 1/8 mile is racing to 80mph or so. When we raced in a full 1/4 mile he would usually be coming on strong and pass me just before or after the 1/4 mile mark. One day I even beat 4 different LS1s at Bradenton Motorpark (1/4 mile) with my Stage 2 WRX.

With my stage 4 setup, I would beat him big time in the 1/4 mile. I could also beat him from a 1st and 2nd gear roll. From a 3rd gear roll it was a pretty close race but I usually beat him up to 130mph or so.

So, in review, I wouldn't try racing an LS1 at higher speeds ( from a roll) unless you have an upgraded turbo ( stage 4 setup).

But with a mbc and exhaust - don't even need a unichip- you can definately beat an LS1 (if your a good driver) in a short race from a dead stop.
    0- 90mph or so.

Re: Stock times for automatic ws6

Originally posted by CKxx
    I was wondering where id have to be to have a shot at him.
    A lightly modded STi...
    www.streetwiseimports.com