Fart Can Equipped V6 Cougar
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Fart Can Equipped V6 Cougar within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Off to get something for a friend in the now 3 day old STi. Stopped at a light behind a ...

Fart Can Equipped V6 Cougar

Off to get something for a friend in the now 3 day old STi. Stopped at a light behind a red Cougar. Notice it has a fart can. Then I remember seeing him fleeing campus police a few weeks ago. Light changes, suddenly he's going my way. The poor little guy gave his all to take off as fast as he could and so I didn't pass him. Instead I shifted at 2500-3000 RPM and stuck close behind him (NOT tailgating...that's not safe). I hit my max cruising speed so he got over, slowed down, revved it up and took off...his version of a ricer flyby. Thought I might mention it...it was highly amusing. It's bad when a car doesn't stand a chance even in my break-in period, no WOT, not passing 2500-3000 RPM so as to not get too close...

Are Cougars commonly riced out in other areas? I've never really seen any with more than a fart can and maybe a decal or two...

RN

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

In my area there is a Cougar club that meets monthly.....hmm I used to have the link to some of there "meet" pictures....ok guess I deleted it..anyway, If you could imagine Fast and the Furious morphed onto cougars you get the basic idea.....big wings, bigger fart cans, and gay ass graphics down the side.....
    Sadly enough i think alot of them are spraying and can barely break low 15s in the 1/4.....what a shame lol!
    Stock or something close to it.....

I see the riced out cougars quite a bit... they can be way cool looking imo.. but damn are they SLOW......
    STIwish
    -------------------
    03 Subaru WRX Sedan WR Blue -
    RIP

same thing

your story sounds very similar to my past two weeks.......i just broke 700 today on my sti....i've had every IDIOT in the world trying to run me in the past weeks......i've had to just bite my tongue and let em do their ricer flyby........but that'll change by the end of the week
    Volvo S60 R (as of July 05)

Formerly ka: BlackWrx
    SOLD 7/05----04 Silver STI
    SOLD: 02 black sedan, Lots of mods

a lot of the newer cougars come riced out straight off the lot, with aftermarket fender kits and maxed out wheels.

ford has trouble moving them off the lot without incentives. It was their own fault. they marketed it as a "secretary's car" at first, but then tried to target enthusiasts. didn't work.

they are pretty nice on the inside if you get the leather package though.

Re: same thing

Originally posted by Silver04Sti
    your story sounds very similar to my past two weeks.......i just broke 700 today on my sti....i've had every IDIOT in the world trying to run me in the past weeks......i've had to just bite my tongue and let em do their ricer flyby........but that'll change by the end of the week
    Hopefully in two days I'm done...by Thursday afternoon for certain...then no holding back. Well, maybe a little just to embarass them...

RN

I wanna race an STI, a friend of mine got to race one that had just come off the lot in a car with similar mods to mind (after i finish the turbo back).. and pulled... so it should be a good race.
    STIwish
    -------------------
    03 Subaru WRX Sedan WR Blue -
    RIP

Originally posted by STIwish
    I wanna race an STI, a friend of mine got to race one that had just come off the lot in a car with similar mods to mind (after i finish the turbo back).. and pulled... so it should be a good race.
    Once mine's broken in, I'll race anyone for fun...so long as it's some place safe and everyone's a good sport about it...including me.

RN

Hey Silver04Sti, where in CT are you? I finally got a chance to see and ride in a blue STi this past weekend (my buddy drove it up from Virginia) and was wondering how it looked in Silver.

I've never really run into a "fast" Cougar, although I'm sure there are some out there. Most are just riced out.

Dude at a car show had a sweet yellow one, with tastefully done yellow neon strips inside. looked real nice, and I'm not even a big "show car" kinda guy.
    2000 LS1 Camaro M6

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.