WRX vs. heavily modded civic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX vs. heavily modded civic within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I'm headed home in somewhat of a hurry because my dog hadn't taken a sh!t all day, when I pull ...

WRX

WRX vs. heavily modded civic

I'm headed home in somewhat of a hurry because my dog hadn't taken a sh!t all day, when I pull up to a couple of guys cruisin together. 2 of them had 300ZX's and they were lining up together and the other was a heavily modded civic. I sped up to get a glimpse of the 300ZX's go at it, when I realized I had stopped right next to the civic. He of course revs at me and It sounded pretty good. I'm thinking engine swap with turbo. Anyways, we wait for the two ZX's to gun it and we both rolled at about 5 mph until there was enough clearance in front.

We gunned it at the same time and I just left him. I could hear his passenger saying "HOLY SH**!!" I was surprised that he hung back only about 3-4 car lengths through the middle of 2nd.
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Heavily modded civic uuummmm no. especially since your only running mid 14's. Not trying to be a jerk or anything, engine swap possible but more than likely there was no turbo. The civics around here that just have the B16 swap (no intake, no headers, no exhaust) run 15 flats and 14.8-14.9's all day long.

Yeah, all you have to do is drop a B16 into a hatchback and you will run middle to high 14's. Good kill though.
    293.2 hp to the ground
    267 lb/ft torque to the ground
    VF-30 Setup

My friend has an integra LS as his beater and he runs mid/low 13s in it w/his turbo kit. Best beater ever. If that car had a turbo, he'd have probably own3d you.

WRX
    Well maybe it wasn't turbo'd but for a civic it was fast.
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

I dunno man. You are saying basically you went from a 5mph roll, and you had almost 4 cars on him by the end of 2nd. That isnt that impressive.
    -Andrew

WRX
    well usually with a civic it's more like 10 cars by 2nd. That's why I gave him thumbs up.
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

Doesn't second gear top out at like 60mph?
    -Andrew

WRX
    yeah, it was around there.
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

i love it.

"civic rolls up to me. i can tell it's heavily modded b/c of the fart can."

heavily modded? did your xray glasses show you the engine code on the swap? how the hell do you know it was "heavily" modded?

and if you beat a "heavily modded" civic and your best time is less than the bone stock 1/4 mile (14.1 secs) somethign is seriously wrong.

like, maybe he ran out of gas or something.

i hate this forum. we should close the wrx vs the world. i honestly think it is sucking the intelligence from the good parts of club.

dR

Race stories not fish stories man. You are the kinda guy who catches a blue gill and talks about that 15 pounder you snagged huh. Can you even really roll at 5mph? Come on man. Talk it up all you like you just beat a civic, I hardly ever post those anymore. Was it even an SI?
    -Andrew

maybe by saying heavily modded he meant rain guards, washer nozzle lights, import tuner stickers etc. he,he,he

sorry but I'm bored.
    04 JBP
    Stock - they are watching.

Originally posted by XtmX
    maybe by saying heavily modded he meant rain guards, washer nozzle lights, import tuner stickers etc. he,he,he

sorry but I'm bored.
    LOL

mmmhhhmmm. had synthetic boost fluid, and custom valve stem covers. i think it even had lightweight muffler bearing capacitors.

noooiice.

thats why i dont race civics. waste of gas.. its $1.80 for gas in NY .. sigh. racing against my friend's S2000 is fun though.. thats the only Honda i really like/ and like to race
    "All the auto WRXs I've driven (alot, I work at a dealership) give me enough time to make a peanut butter and jelly sammich before they hit boost." - Rancid

SQC 120

You guys are pretty harsh.

So he beat a Honda Civic by 3 or 4 car lengths... thats closer than most Civics can even dream of. Not every race is going to be against a heavily modded Mustang or a Ferrari as I'm sure all of yours are.
    Let him be happy that he roasted a Honda, which to some people is something if you dont get to race very often against anything, and just back off and go back to the stories of WRXs spankin LS1s and Mustangs.
    STIwish
    -------------------
    03 Subaru WRX Sedan WR Blue -
    RIP

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast