Audi S4 in Raritan, NJ goes DOWN... - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Audi S4 in Raritan, NJ goes DOWN... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; was this just chipped or What?...

was this just chipped or What?
    My cars:
    2008 VW GTI, DSG
    14.269@96.3 Bone Stock!
    2002 Hyundai Elantra GT MT

Family:
    2003 Audi RS6 (Sold will be missed,used to be my dads.)
    2004 Subaru Forester XT (Family car)
    15.3@90.5 Stock

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Not sure of the specifics, the owner is a clubwrx.net member.

boondocksts

I'll PM his attention to this thread, not sure if he's actively checking PM but we'll see.

-tp
    The 202 Wagon
    Bugeye Mafia "Silent But Deadly Ass-sasin"
    "Just when I thought I was out... they pull me back in!"

its chipped with downpipes (catless) and exhaust

that make sense but stage 3 APR would have upgraded turbos then it would be fair because the wrx had an upgrade turbo too.

Btw thats what the 2004 S4 V8 has putting to the wheels about the same hp. About 260 and just an additional exhaust and downpipes it went all the way up to 283 whp thats about as manu hps an stage 3 wrx
    My cars:
    2008 VW GTI, DSG
    14.269@96.3 Bone Stock!
    2002 Hyundai Elantra GT MT

Family:
    2003 Audi RS6 (Sold will be missed,used to be my dads.)
    2004 Subaru Forester XT (Family car)
    15.3@90.5 Stock

Originally posted by audirs6
    that make sense but stage 3 APR would have upgraded turbos then it would be fair because the wrx had an upgrade turbo too.

Btw thats what the 2004 S4 V8 has putting to the wheels about the same hp. About 260 and just an additional exhaust and downpipes it went all the way up to 283 whp thats about as manu hps an stage 3 wrx
    Do you mean around 260 on a DYNOJET dyno?? or are you sure it is on the DynoDynamics dyno?

I am curious as to what teh APR stage 3 cars put down on pump gas, and on what dyno.

I am not so much interested in what APR themselves say the package should make, but what people in the real world are making on their Stage 3 cars.
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

bench racing is cool!!!!!!!111!!!!11111111
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

Originally posted by jigga
    Do you mean around 260 on a DYNOJET dyno?? or are you sure it is on the DynoDynamics dyno?

I am curious as to what teh APR stage 3 cars put down on pump gas, and on what dyno.

I am not so much interested in what APR themselves say the package should make, but what people in the real world are making on their Stage 3 cars.
    Found this on Audiworld.

307 Whp on 100 octane.

http://forums.audiworld.com/s4/msgs/1215389.phtml

Originally posted by Griswold
    Found this on Audiworld.

307 Whp on 100 octane.

http://forums.audiworld.com/s4/msgs/1215389.phtml
    Griswold - what would the car make on 93 octane gas???? That is what I'd really like to know, and on what dyno..

I have been doing some searching on that forum, and have been unable to find any information

I also noticed that the whp figures that were produced were not sustainable/repeatable without allowing the car to sit long enough for everything to get cold before repeating the run.

It seems that consequent pulls on the dyno showed power dropping down to around 250WHP on the Dynodynamics dyno.
    Last edited by jigga; 05-24-2004 at 10:15 AM.
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

Originally posted by jigga
    Griswold - what would the car make on 93 octane gas???? That is what I'd really like to know, and on what dyno..

I have been doing some searching on that forum, and have been unable to find any information

I also noticed that the whp figures that were produced were not sustainable/repeatable without allowing the car to sit long enough for everything to get cold before repeating the run.

It seems that consequent pulls on the dyno showed power dropping down to around 250WHP on the Dynodynamics dyno.
    Jigga,

I'm not really sure, honestly. I used to have an A4, so my knowledge of the S4 is only peripheral.

That being said, it's not APR, but sort of an equivilant. AWE-Tuning, using GIAC programming (I think) put up these numbers on 93 pump. These are wheel number, btw. I realize it's a Mustang Dyno, too. Just an indicator.

As far as what an APR stage 3 should put up on pump, your guess is as good as mine.

Originally posted by Griswold
    Jigga,

I'm not really sure, honestly. I used to have an A4, so my knowledge of the S4 is only peripheral.

That being said, it's not APR, but sort of an equivilant. AWE-Tuning, using GIAC programming (I think) put up these numbers on 93 pump. These are wheel number, btw. I realize it's a Mustang Dyno, too. Just an indicator.

As far as what an APR stage 3 should put up on pump, your guess is as good as mine.
    Thanks for the info. I was just really crious because I have the suspicion that the number advertised by the companies might not actually be what is being produced by consumer cars who have not had the benefit of a custom tune.

An aquaintance of mine with the Stage 3 package on pump claims to be putting down 450 at the crank, but as evidence, he produces a plot from APR's website.

This was why I was curious as to what Joe Blow was able to get at the wheels running this setup out of the box.
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

I Support ClubWRX
    I never thought the old S4s were that quick. The new S4 however = teh sex.
    2010 SSM STI

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.