Audi S4 in Raritan, NJ goes DOWN... - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Audi S4 in Raritan, NJ goes DOWN... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by Cleaner13 just thought I would point out that this was very weird to actually hear of someone ...

tan
    Originally posted by Cleaner13
    just thought I would point out that this was very weird to actually hear of someone race through my tiny ass town

nice race

Carl
    Doesn't the Raritan-Bridgewater area is usually heavily patrolled by cops???

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by tan
    Doesn't the Raritan-Bridgewater area is usually heavily patrolled by cops???
    Too many verbs in one sentence, tan.

-Jim

I'd love to tell the story about my purple S4 kill, but because the guy had a APR stage 3 setup he absolutely destroyed me. Then he pulled up next to me on a two lane highway (Palisades) as we were coming up on traffic and we opened our windows and had a cool discussion rolling at like 10mph. He said he had a shop and said my car had lots of potential. All in all he was pretty cool. I remember as I was chasing him after be blew past me on a single lane road turning on to the double, I cornered hard and drifted a bit, but I did catch up slightly before his Twin turbo V6 left me in the dust.

chris
    Moderator: Retired
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan 5MT - Road Rally - Best 1/4mi: 13.954 @ 97.36mph (3448 lbs)
    2001 Mazda Miata 5MT - AutoX #99 (NNJ Region SCCA 2005 CStock Champion)
    1988 BMW 325 (2.7L "i" conversion) Sedan 5MT - Daily Driver (AutoX soon!)
    "If you can't drive this car fast you can't drive fast." --British Magazine, CAR, on the WRX

Originally posted by fengshui
    the guy had a APR stage 3 setup he absolutely destroyed me.
    APR Stage 3 S4 is almost 450 crank hp! Sweet rides.

Originally posted by EIonJess
    Sounds like you are injectors away from stage 4. Have you put your current setup on a dyno? Kind of interested on your power gains and 1/4 mile times.
    I plan on taking it to the dyno soon. I wanted to dyno it and look at fueling before i do the upgrade. It's just the time i cannot seem to find.

The S4 is to this day, one of my favorite cars. They've got alot of things that I love to have in a car..... AWD, luxury, style (in and out), displacement, turbo, 6 speed, etc.

This sounds like the encounter I last Wednesday coming home from a friends. A black S4 glued himself to my rear-end as I passed him on the interstate. When I got right he attempted to blwo by me. When I saw him get on it I dropped it into 3rd and proceeded to distance myself rather quickly. I have no idea if he was modded, but he didnt put up too much of a fight.
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

wanting to use a VF30

Not trying to steal your thread, but i'm just curious. I have a Prodrive Stage 3 kit on my 04 WRX, I found a guy parting out with all his parts. So far I bought the STi TMIC and the air splitter from him. I also have the STi hood scoop. He's got a VF30 turbo that he'll swap turbo for turbo with me. My stock one for his VF30. Is my reflashed ECM good enough to just bolt the VF30 on. Or do i need STi injectors, the 255 lph fuel pump, and a remapped ECM?? I'm lost, any help would be greatly appreciated since you have a VF30.

why not just mod the stock fule pressure reg to get plenty of fuel for a stg 4ish set up... it free ya know.
    2000 WRX

So stock fuel is stock injectors and stock fuel pump? That's pretty damn impressive... I thought it would detonate even on 93 octane around 14-15 psi.

i know a fast german you wouldnt beat we went on an RS 6 drive a few weeks ago and one of them was chipped, sway bars and full, catless, turboback exhausts. he said it was about 530hp and his 0-60 was 3.9. the car made my car look like i was going backwards lol.

Originally posted by InfamousDX
    So stock fuel is stock injectors and stock fuel pump? That's pretty damn impressive... I thought it would detonate even on 93 octane around 14-15 psi.

Lot of paranoia in the wrx "mod industry"... I was running a Vf-34 at 17lbs of booste and a 50 shot on top of that... With just a holley fuel pump.. Stock injectors stock rails, injectors never saw more then 87% duty cycle. I was also beating WRX's with stage 2+ mods... even beat a TurboXS modded VF-30 car with sti injectors and usual jazz. Note i also ran a mix of 117 and 94 to be on the safe side. When i listed my mods, guy almost went mad because of al lthe money he had into his car to get beat by a no-catted slushbox when he had a 5 speed with a vf-30
    Automatic WRX Test Dummy/Pioneer. 11 Second Auto Club.

Originally posted by RobPA
    Note i also ran a mix of 117 and 94 to be on the safe side.
    That right there is the reason. How often did you run that VF34 at 17psi and a 50 shot on strait pump gas?
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

Originally posted by silverscooby
    That right there is the reason. How often did you run that VF34 at 17psi and a 50 shot on strait pump gas?

Probably about 10 times with no problems, just did the race gas mix to be a lil safe.
    Automatic WRX Test Dummy/Pioneer. 11 Second Auto Club.

Re: Audi S4 in Raritan, NJ goes DOWN...

Originally posted by PlatinumWRX
    I was cruising up to Morristown, NJ on Route 206 to pick up my new turbo when this silver S4 starts messing with me. He kept slowing down and speeding up. I was stuck behind him. We finally caught a light, but we were both in the right lane. He was first at the light and I was immediately behind him. A Forester and an Accord were blocking the left lane for us. When the opposing light turned yellow, I revved to let him know that I wanted to pass him.

Our light changes green and he gets on it. I had to short shift into second to avoid rear ending him, but I swung out into the left lane and stayed on it. We were even until I shifted into third and slowly started to pull away. As I shifted into fourth, I gave him a wave thru the passenger's window. By the time I shut down I had a good 4-5 car lengths. He was not happy and wouldn't look over at the next light.

Another "fast" German car bites the dust.

ya thats because you have a heavily modded rex race a S4 stage 3 and then we will talk.

-Jim
    My cars:
    2008 VW GTI, DSG
    14.269@96.3 Bone Stock!
    2002 Hyundai Elantra GT MT

Family:
    2003 Audi RS6 (Sold will be missed,used to be my dads.)
    2004 Subaru Forester XT (Family car)
    15.3@90.5 Stock

S4 dyno charts

This is from a local dyno day at KTR.

Red graph - APR 93 MAP - 238.7whp
    Blue graph - APR race map - 262.3whp

On a Dyno Dynamics.

-tp
    The 202 Wagon
    Bugeye Mafia "Silent But Deadly Ass-sasin"
    "Just when I thought I was out... they pull me back in!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.