More Racing, it is a hot month for me.
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on More Racing, it is a hot month for me. within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I went to the store tonight, just to get some soda and some other random things that are of no ...

More Racing, it is a hot month for me.

I went to the store tonight, just to get some soda and some other random things that are of no importance to the story. Right before you get to this Stater Bros. on Magnolia here in corona there are a lot of short straight streets with ample stop lights. And next to me there is this Ford Taurus with a body kit, my bad I mean a Jaguar type S. Probably an auto, I am not even sure if they come in anything other then an auto really. There is a woman driving, mid thirties nice looking lady I suppose. And for what ever reason she decided that she was going to race me at ever light, despite the fact that I am not really trying and beating her every time. The last time I had to stop to turn into the parking lot, and she just tore on by as fast as she could in her own sort of ricer fly by. Either way, I am sure she is glad to know the overpriced Taurus is not the fastest thing on four wheels.

You could call the lady there the warm up race for what is almost a real race. On the way home I pull up behind a 60ís Impala, black with fat rear tired and has had come work done. This is a pretty cool car, if not totally huge. So I am behind him at a light which starts at a downhill slope goes probably a 6th of a mile then hits a 90 degree turn to the left. It is closed down to one lane until just before that 90 degree turn, after the turn it continues on for maybe 200 feet before hitting a stop light.

So the Impala which is starting directly in front of me takes off, I canít launch it because I am directly behind him. The WRX is a bit faster then him because basically I am not able to hold WOT though this whole ordeal but I stay at exactly the same spot behind him. If I were able to launch I would have had probably a car and a half on him and creped up a bit more. But that is not the interesting part of this story to me, the interesting thing is that he wanted to continue the race through this turn. Now we all need to know what our cars strengths and weaknesses are, and is it just me or is an Impala trying to take a WRX through a turn somewhat of a losing proposition?

Before we get into the turn he jumps into the outside lane, this is either to show me that he wants to keep going or he figures the outside lane is going to give him a lesser angle and he will be able to make it through. I am starting this all a car length and a half behind him mind you. So he hits the turn and immediately he gets massive over steer and I have to back off because he swerves all the way over into my lane and then back into his own. Once he steadies himself which is about a third of the way through the turn, I hit the gas again to speed back up and by the end of the turn I just pulled even with him and would have passed him more if I did not have to stop for the red light. He quickly took a right at the light and that was that for the evening.
    -Andrew

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Thumbs up

Cool story. I go that way all the time, (and I think I've seen you lining up to go into that Ralph's mini mall at least once) but I never get to see your Subie in action.

Actually you know. While at the light before the entry to the 15 north while setting next to the white Jaguar S type. A WRB WRX sedan with a big rally style spoiler did take a left onto the freeway right infront of me.
    -Andrew

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.