Decent Story... Worth a look??
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Decent Story... Worth a look?? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Around 11:45am this morning, I was on my way to get gas down the street. (13-shoennerr for anyone who knows ...

Decent Story... Worth a look??

Around 11:45am this morning, I was on my way to get gas down the street. (13-shoennerr for anyone who knows where thats at) and I pull up at a red light next to a cobra. It was I'd say a 96 or so (that body style). It was purple and green kamelion paint or whatever you call it. Checked the badge on the side, cobra. Looked at the wheels, cobra. The brakes said cobra on them too. So I look at the guy (he was really goofy looking. He reminded me of Comic Book Guy from The Simpsons.) I think he knew what my car was and see him put the car into gear. He looked at me like "wanna race"? I am still getting used to my WRX after 4 months, so I am really not a racer.

So the light turns green, and I DO NOT launch... just a regular start from a light, about 3 feet after I moved, I decided to floor it. Within mili-seconds I hear the guy squeeling his tires like mad. So half way into the intersection he is next to me and squeeling his tires like crazy!!! I could tell he was having a very hard time keeping the things straight. So we are through the intersection and we fly right by the gas station I was going to stop at. The dude is STILL squeeling his tires like crazy as he shifts into 2nd. This continued all the way through (my) 3rd gear. By 65(in a 45) we were neck and neck and his wheels STILL screeming for traction. At this moment. I chickened out and shut'er off. Turned around and went back to get gas.

That is my story. It was pretty cool hangin with a cobra none the less My car is bone stock except for muffler-less straight pipe. His was obviously modded. I thought he might not be trying at first, but spinning through 3rd I think he was. With the quick look I got at him while the cars were going, he had that look like "what the hell....is my E-brake on?"
    " I sell ice in the winter, I sell fire in hell "

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    way to keep up with the crappy driver

If it had the Mystic Paint job, it was a 96 (only year they offered that paint) which means it had a stock 305hp. Cobra's are horribly undergeared from the factory, so if that guy had some 4.10s that would explain his traction issues. My buddy's got a 98cobra with 4.30 gears, exhaust, pulleys, and 80mm MAF, and he ran 12.7@109!!! They're FAST if they're modded & driven right!

Nonetheless, think about how bad he'd have felt if you launched on him and held that lead!
    2003 SRT-4

I took a cobra at the drags the other night, nothing to really worry about.

build your car and say good bye to them
    Stage IV+
    Going for 11's

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    Originally posted by skullguy
    I took a cobra at the drags the other night, nothing to really worry about.

build your car and say good bye to them
    Until they build their car, and then the tables will turn again.
    2003 SRT-4

Originally posted by RaccoonRacing
    Until they build their car, and then the tables will turn again.
    While these cars are monsters built, the ones I raced were semi built.

The problem was they couldnt get off a good 60' time and I was already gone.

I still say they arent that big of a deal, but maybe I just raced bad drivers.

At least thats what you can claim raccoon

And btw, I have taken several z06 vettes(read your other post), and have the time tickets to prove it

I love your car, just know they are hard to hook up
    Last edited by skullguy; 07-07-2003 at 02:26 PM.
    Stage IV+
    Going for 11's

Whoa Raccoon, I never denied the car was fast!!!!!!!!

I just thought it was funny that the guy thought he was hot ****, because his car has so much power. However the power was useless when he couldn't hook it up and I kept up with him with little effort.

He was probably thinking "Damn I am going to waiste this little jap car with an aftermarker hoodscoop"... and then he got a little wake up call.

I love that about people who still don't know what a WRX is. Unless he did, and wanted to test me. I take that as a compliment then.

you: good run and shouldve launched... him: great car, crappy driver
    '05 CGM Subaru Impreza WRX Mods
    '02 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX (sold)
    '94 Subaru Legacy Wagon L (daily)
    '90 Toyota Supra Turbo

Had I known he was as bad a driver as he was, I would have tried a little harder ya know? None the less, to anyone around, they were probably shocked that I kept up with the cobra.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.