Initial D racer
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Initial D racer within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Being a fan of the series I went wow when an actual AE86 cut in front me, because of my ...

Initial D racer

Being a fan of the series I went wow when an actual AE86 cut in front me, because of my usual slow driving habits. At the light I went to the next lane and lined up with the drifter. I have a heavily modified car with a Cobb stage 1 reflash only and I wondered how fast the legendary AE86 was. The next light was less then 1/4 mile away and was about to change red. I didn't want to race the car at this light, because I would have to slam on the brakes too soon at the next light. The current light went green and I casually drove to the next light, but the AE86 was shifting something fierce. Oh well I thought at the red light up ahead I will show him the power of grip driving. Unfortunately he went on a freeway on ramp before the next light . I will get my revenge Takumi just you wait!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

AE86?

RN

Originally posted by renichms
    AE86?

RN
    AE86 = chassis code for old school RWD Corolla. This is one of the best drifting cars on the planet

-Bob
    I am the Anti-rice.

TurboXS stage 4+ and much, much more...

Originally posted by dookiebob
    AE86 = chassis code for old school RWD Corolla. This is one of the best drifting cars on the planet

-Bob
    Aaah...where do you guys pick up all these "codes"? Never heard of most of it and everyone here just speaks as if it's the only way to refer to cars...

RN

Read an issue or two of Sport Compact Car and you'll get all the codes down pat.

-Bob
    I am the Anti-rice.

TurboXS stage 4+ and much, much more...

Originally posted by dookiebob
    Read an issue or two of Sport Compact Car and you'll get all the codes down pat.

-Bob
    Okay, thanks. I might do that...

RN

AE86`s aren`t anything to write home about in stock form... Just so you didn`t get your hopes up... Hell even in initial d, they wondered what a hachiroku was doing trying to run with a rx7

I love the ols eightsix's. I've wanted one since I started watching ID. Talk about a hard to find car. I see 85's once in a while but I've only seen 1 86 around my way. I tried like hell to buy it from the guy but he was mexican and couldn't speak english. He just looked at me like crazy gringo and took off! Oh well someday. I've been thinking of doing a S13 conversion for drifting but I'd love to have the 86.

Hey someone told me Jackie Chan is doing a real Initial D movie with Drift king and some other drift legend's. Now that would blow F&F out of the water! The only problem would be the ricers, theyre dangerous enough going strait!

There is a good jackie chan movie where he is a racer. It's more like club racing. It's sponsored by mitsu though But he has a vr4 300gt at the beginning but he crashes and then gets a lancer. It's a good movie just for the cars because none of them are riced out or anything and they are all real cars.

Originally posted by Chunks
    There is a good jackie chan movie where he is a racer. It's more like club racing. It's sponsored by mitsu though But he has a vr4 300gt at the beginning but he crashes and then gets a lancer. It's a good movie just for the cars because none of them are riced out or anything and they are all real cars.
    Name of the movie?

RN

Thumbs up

Originally posted by Chunks

It's called "Who am I?". That's my favorite Chan film.

T.J.
    200,000 mile club.

Old Irish adage: "Do not resent growing old. Many are denied the privilege."

HAHA I SEEN THAT MOVIE. IT IS JACKIE'S BEST MOVIE!

Chunks
    It's sponsored by mitsu though
    Mitsubishi sponsors Jackie Chan as a whole (they have a contract). So basically in all his movies you'll see a Mitsubishi if there's a car involved. Even in Rush Hour 2, he drives a crappy Lancer in Hong Kong.

But he has a vr4 300gt at the beginning but he crashes and then gets a lancer.
    It's the opposite. He was racing the Lan EVO 3 when someone pulled from the pits and crashed into him. He then gets a GTO (same as 3000GT VR4 but in Japan it's called the GTO) because he was nice to the Mitsu President's daughter at the beginning.

T.J.
    It's called "Who am I?". That's my favorite Chan film
    Incorrect... while in "Who am I?" the heroine (not Jackie) gets to drive a Lan EVO 4 to escape pursuing E36 m3s, it's not the movie previously discussed. The movie we're talking about is called "Thunderbolt" or Pi Li Huo in Mandarin.

For more info on Thunderbolt, Jackie is a mechanic who helps the police catch racers and help pull and impound modified cars (in Hong Kong, it is illegal to modify your car). Then this notorious criminal (drives an R32 Skyline GT-R) who has a penchant for racing kidnaps his 2 sisters and tells Jackie he has to race him. On a side note, Jackie drives an FTO GPX in the first encounter with his advesary.

don't ae86's go from 85/87
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

I don't think they were going to do a Real life Initial D movie with Jackie Chan (maybe director?)- I think it was more with Andy Lau as Bunta and another HK star as Takumi. DOn't know whats going on with that though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.