Maroon WRX on 580 East Bay, CA?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Maroon WRX on 580 East Bay, CA? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Just found this site and thought I would post this here, this happened over a month ago. I ran a ...

LS1

Maroon WRX on 580 East Bay, CA?

Just found this site and thought I would post this here, this happened over a month ago. I ran a Maroon colored WRX not sure the year maybe an 02 but I can tell it had a few things done to it cause the other WRX’s I have ran before I pulled very hard. But this one wasn’t to bad, was wondering what it had done to it if he even posts here. This was in the afternoon on 580 by N. Livermore exit in CA. We ran from a roll about 60mph and I pulled the WRX but 3+ cars through only 2 gears. I know it wasn’t much of a race but like I said the others ones I just murder. Good run
    SS

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar

Re: Maroon WRX on 580 East Bay, CA?

Originally posted by LS1
    Just found this site and thought I would post this here, this happened over a month ago. I ran a Maroon colored WRX not sure the year maybe an 02 but I can tell it had a few things done to it cause the other WRX’s I have ran before I pulled very hard. But this one wasn’t to bad, was wondering what it had done to it if he even posts here. This was in the afternoon on 580 by N. Livermore exit in CA. We ran from a roll about 60mph and I pulled the WRX but 3+ cars through only 2 gears. I know it wasn’t much of a race but like I said the others ones I just murder. Good run
    whats up...do you post on any bay area sites? Like Norcal-ls1, raccoonracing, etc??
    2003 SRT-4

LS1
    Whats up,

nah not really.

Whats done to the Stang? I think Livermore is the city of Mustangs lol thats all I see out here.
    Last edited by LS1; 07-03-2003 at 10:50 AM.
    SS

Originally posted by LS1
    Whats up,

nah not really.

Whats done to the Stang? I think Livermore is the city of Mustangs lol thats all I see out here.
    yep, tons of my friends live in Livermore. They used to call themselves the "siccrew" but they realized it was gay, so they stopped.

My stang is pretty much taken to the limit. Saleen bodykit, rims, baer brakes, full suspension, vortech blower, gears, dynotune, etc etc etc...but its for sale right now, cant afford it anymore

Are you stock?
    2003 SRT-4

LS1
    I know a few of them. Nope not stock, cam and some other stuff
    how much rwhp you have and what area you in?
    Last edited by LS1; 07-03-2003 at 11:26 AM.
    SS

Originally posted by LS1
    I know a few of them. Nope not stock, cam and some other stuff
    how much rwhp you have and what area you in?
    Made 341 at the wheels on a conservative tune (daily driver). Im in the east bay. Check out raccoonracing.com we've got some FAST cars and most are from our area.
    2003 SRT-4

jt2

Re: Maroon WRX on 580 East Bay, CA?

Originally posted by LS1
    I think that was me. I have a Sedona Red '03 with a Vishnu Stage 2 setup. http://www.vishnutuning.com./stage.htm

I was in that area and had just finished putting a hurt on a 540i and an LS1 stomped me pretty bad - that's pretty rare, I usually walk them, so if it was you, I can tell you're not stock.

Is your plate something like "fastss" or such?

It looked like you were going for an exit, so I was going to get behind you and talk but you didn't - maybe you thought I was a sore loser road rager.

Nice run, that's a pretty quick car.
    Last edited by jt2; 07-04-2003 at 12:06 PM.

Re: Re: Maroon WRX on 580 East Bay, CA?

Originally posted by jt2
    I think that was me. I have a Sedona Red '03 with a Vishnu Stage 2 setup. http://www.vishnutuning.com./stage.htm

I just finished putting a hurt on a 540i and an LS1 stomped me pretty bad - that's pretty rare, I usually walk them, so if it was you, I can tell you're not stock.

Is your plate something like "fastss" or such?

It looked like you were going for an exit, so I was going to get behind you and talk but you didn't - maybe you thought I was a sore loser road rager.

Nice run, that's a pretty quick car.
    How reliable is that setup? Any compromise to daily driveablity?
    2003 SRT-4

jt2
    It moves the powerband up just a tad with the larger turbo, but not a huge amount. The top end power is well worth it - the factory turbo just runs out of breath. It is a little on the loud side for some people, but other than that there is no downside at all that I've found.

There are a lot of people making a lot more power than me on stock internals, so I'm not too worried about durability. (However, I am secretly hoping something happens so I have an excuse to build a stroker )

Originally posted by jt2
    It moves the powerband up just a tad with the larger turbo, but not a huge amount. The top end power is well worth it - the factory turbo just runs out of breath. It is a little on the loud side for some people, but other than that there is no downside at all that I've found.

There are a lot of people making a lot more power than me on stock internals, so I'm not too worried about durability. (However, I am secretly hoping something happens so I have an excuse to build a stroker )
    Where abouts are you located? A friend of mine has a Blue WRX with bigger turbo, etc...runs 12s. He's in Livermore.
    2003 SRT-4

LS1
    Yep that was me, my plates say WICKED SS but spelt different. That was a pretty good run, I was expecting just to pull 5 cars in one gear and then I was like I am still pulling him but not like I ususlly do. I was gonna get off on that exit but it was the wrong exit almost forgot where I was going lol. That was on motor
    If you want to see what the car does on nitrous heres a video of my last race on a 100 shot against a 430rwhp H/C C5
    Right click and save as
    http://www.imagestation.com/video/vi...224452758&dl=1
    2nd race
    http://www.imagestation.com/video/vi...224452752&dl=1
    SS

Originally posted by LS1
    Yep that was me, my plates say WICKED SS but spelt different. That was a pretty good run, I was expecting just to pull 5 cars in one gear and then I was like I am still pulling him but not like I ususlly do. I was gonna get off on that exit but it was the wrong exit almost forgot where I was going lol. That was on motor
    If you want to see what the car does on nitrous heres a video of my last race on a 100 shot against a 430rwhp H/C C5
    Right click and save as
    http://www.imagestation.com/video/v...4224452758&dl=1
    2nd race
    http://www.imagestation.com/video/v...4224452752&dl=1
    hey LS1, if you want to run some cars that will actually give you a run, check out the site! We've got more than a few cars that would be cool for you to lineup against.
    2003 SRT-4

LS1
    Sounds good,

Right now my car isnt tuned, just waiting on some new parts to come in. After that its getting tuned and there quite a few cars I want to run!
    SS

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.