myself vs. 97Mustang GT
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on myself vs. 97Mustang GT within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Short and Sweet: Last night I went to get something to eat at Ruby Tuesday's not too far from my ...

SBW

myself vs. 97Mustang GT

Short and Sweet:

Last night I went to get something to eat at Ruby Tuesday's not too far from my home. While I was pulling in a mustang came around the corner and toward me; leaving as I was entering. His buddy(passenger) yells, "Thats a real hotrod!" or something stupid. I ask if he'd like to run someplace right up the road thats perfect, and then I turn around and pull next to him.

Driver and passenger laugh at me again, passenger tells me I have nothing and that they'll only race for pinkslips. I agree and the driver still wont go, and retorts with asking me what I've got. "Nothing, lets just go race hotrod" I reply. Keep in mind that when I really gave a good look at what this guy was driving, it was obvious it was stock.

He leaves, as his friend tells him to spin his tires, which he can't. I follow him up the road, get a light with him and I ask him again if he'll go. He replies with on the highway, needless to say we get on the highway, him in front of me, he punches it, so do I. I reel him in and pass him, a lot.

When we get off the highway, I talk to him again in a parking lot. These guys are no longer laughing and his friend(passenger) says verbatim , "Its easy when you got twin turbo!" The driver says I "lied" and told him I had nothing when I did. He also asked whether it was a 4 or 6. I explain that its good he didn't race for pinkslips. The end.

Moral of this story: Make sure you can back up your friends big mouth.
    Last edited by SBW; 07-03-2003 at 06:21 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

You should have said, "no, now your car is mine" then followed them around for a half an hour.
    VS1/TXSII Hybrid (RIP)

Me: I hit a highway divider at 120...
    Stupid Cousin: Is that a bad thing?

Dumb drivers...I hate big mouths, but it is oh so fun to shut them up

Good moving kill

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    I had a 97 GT, until it blew up....CRAPPY car...Ford really messed up the 96-97 GT's. 3400lbs and 215hp makes for a pretty slow "muscle car."

good kill
    2003 SRT-4

Way to go...had a stock GT offer to race me for $1000. Too F&F for me so I left. If I find him in the STi, I'd be glad to accept his kind donation.

RN

WRX
    Originally posted by Butterfingers
    You should have said, "no, now your car is mine" then followed them around for a half an hour.
    LMFAO!!!
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

SBW
    If I got the keys I would have carved the word "HOTROD" into the side of his doors and then put a nice telephone pole dent mod into the front end and then give the keys back.

You all know that there's no way such a punk would give up his car.

RN

Great race William,

How fast is ur txs stg 4 setup? Any problems or complaints about it?

SBW
    Originally posted by AsianWRX
    Great race William,

How fast is ur txs stg 4 setup? Any problems or complaints about it?
    If you mean 1/4 times, I have not raced it yet. I hope to get the car further tuned on the 19th and then try it at the track.

no complaints really other than stuff I already knew I might have trouble with before I bought it. I had to modify the maps a little because I was getting some knock with the base maps. But that seems pretty regular now. the utec is very sensitive to knock the way it comes preset.
    Last edited by SBW; 07-03-2003 at 10:46 AM.

People like that give us mustang guys a bad name. There's plenty of idiots that think the mustang is the fastest thing on the planet. The same type of people put body kits and tires on a stock civic dx and think it's a sports car. The smarter mustang owners like different types of fast cars and appreciate a nice/fast car like the WRX.
    Mustang, 2002, Silver, GT, 5 SP
    View My Members Page

SBW
    Honestly, these guys were an exception. I wouldn't scapegoat all mustang owners. Two friends of mine both have Cobra's, one an 03 cobra svt with a chip, pulley's and intake. He's also got a lightning actually.

My other friend has a 97 cobra, I already raced the both of them so I knew exactly where I would stand with this toolkit.

Heh, a stock WRX makes quick work of most of the non-current gen Mustangs... I can only imagine the kicking ass taking place by a stage 4
    STIwish
    -------------------
    03 Subaru WRX Sedan WR Blue -
    RIP

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.