WRX vs. Turbo S2000 vs. C5 Vette - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on WRX vs. Turbo S2000 vs. C5 Vette within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I know its not slow, i was just wondering why a lighter rwd car like an s2k (not to mention ...

I know its not slow, i was just wondering why a lighter rwd car like an s2k (not to mention a turbo form thereof) wasnt keeping up with you any better...
    2004 R32: 220 whp

For Sale: 2003 wrx
    376 whp @ 22 psi, 93 octane

Pics:
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/badassrex

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Were most of those shots from inside the S2000? It seemed to be losing quite a bit, although its tough to tell if the driver was racing or just egging on those exotics for some nice footage. Anyway, nice vid.

Great job, post more

Thanks for the vid, very entertaining. For anyone who couldnt right click and save it, I used this LINK
    04 SVT Lightning

How heavily modified are black and silver WRX's?

Originally posted by BassMan097
    I know its not slow, i was just wondering why a lighter rwd car like an s2k (not to mention a turbo form thereof) wasnt keeping up with you any better...
    Good question?
    www.streetwiseimports.com

Simple - the car isn't tuned to it's full potential. He used to have the Comptech blower, but his newly installed turbo isn't running as well as it should be.
    Last edited by ForceFedStook; 07-11-2003 at 03:26 PM.
    '02 GPWhite S2000
    - 8 PSI

'03 IS300 (5MT)
    - stock (daily driver)

I think his problem might be the H on the front of the car!!

sorry I couldnt resist!

ForceFedStook-

How do superchargers like the stratospheric rev limits on the S2000's. They handle it okay, or do ya have to shift a bit earlier? Seems that cavitation might be an issue.

*sidenote*

Cavitation is not in the MS spell-checker...lol.
    2003 WRB Wagon. Vishnu Stage 2(VF30). DBA 5010's/steel lines/Carbotech Bobcat pads, MRT topmount. Tein coilovers, 22/24 mm sways, ALK....I'M DONE!!!!!!

Originally posted by ForceFedStook
    Simple - the car isn't tuned to it's full potential. He used to have the Comptech blower, but his newly installed turbo isn't running as well as it should be.
    Yeah, now that you mention it, i remember when i first installed my vf34 and front mount and before we tuned the utec we had 225 whp...so yeah, tuning is everything..

Pics:

Originally posted by brembo
    ForceFedStook-

How do superchargers like the stratospheric rev limits on the S2000's. They handle it okay, or do ya have to shift a bit earlier? Seems that cavitation might be an issue.

*sidenote*

Cavitation is not in the MS spell-checker...lol.
    Both centrifugal superchargers (Comptech and Vortech) work well with the S2000. Below 6000rpm, everything seems stock. Above 6000rpm, the revolutions climb VERY FAST. So, technically you are shifting a bit earlier. I haven't heard of anybody, even those with high boost pullies, bringing up cavitation issues, so I don't think it's a concern.
    '02 GPWhite S2000
    - 8 PSI

'03 IS300 (5MT)
    - stock (daily driver)

ayS
    anyone know the name of the song that is in the vid?

Yeah, now that you mention it, i remember when i first installed my vf34 and front mount and before we tuned the utec we had 225 whp...so yeah, tuning is everything..
    So what did you end up with after the tuning? I really need to get my UTEC tuned, I'm still running on the stock map.

Originally posted by WRXreX
    How heavily modified are black and silver WRX's?
    I'm the silver one, the black one is a good friend of mine. We are both stg4 UTEC, I'm on stock TMIC, he's on APS FMIC. When we run, I jump him a car and he starts to creep up in fourth.. but it's really slow. We just found out today (because he's the kind of person to just plug and play sorta thing.. shoulda went with a reflash. wouldn't listen to me) so after a few cigs and some crazy convincing, he let me log his car. Sure enough, first problem found, he was only hitting 90% TPS. I changed that ****, now the car pulls noticeably harder
    If anything's worth doing.. it's worth doing right.

on the vf34 i maxed out at 284 whp and 271 ft-lb to the wheels...when i added headers, a race pipe and the rfl-ti axle-back i got 296/288...im in the process of the 1820 install now...just need some new spark plugs

Pics:

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    sweet!
    2003 SRT-4

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.