WRX vs...a Veterans Taxi Cab???

This is a discussion on WRX vs...a Veterans Taxi Cab??? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So I was in a foul, foul mood drivin home from work late the other night and of course get ...

WRX vs...a Veterans Taxi Cab???

So I was in a foul, foul mood drivin home from work late the other night and of course get stopped at a light that seems to stop me every single time I come up to it....muttering under my breath I curse the lord but little did I know God was about to make my day.
    Flying up the lane next to me was the typical ford/chevy Veterans Taxi cab and I dont even bother to pay attention to it. So the light turns green and the cab floors it, leaves a bit of rubber and takes off and I think to myself "U gutsy SOB! Not on my watch ya dont!"
    BLAM! I gun Lucy (my WRX) and fly after the guy who already had a good 2-3 car lead on me, catch up to him, pull a high risk cut in front of him and fly down the road and he's tailin me the entire time! I'm laughin my a$$ off as I switch into the other lane, slow down, let him pass me, then burn him again! I couldnt resist it, it was too much fun. I know, I know, not a real kill but w/ me its simple mind, simple amusement
    We get to the next light and he rolls down his window and starts laughin "See this is why I'm a driver and not a f*@kin mechanic!"
    Sad, but true, I destroyed a Veterans Taxi cab and enjoyed every minute of it.
    Last edited by Lt. Boom Stick; 07-02-2003 at 02:35 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

That was so wrong... but funny

Prolly would've been more funny if the cabby got out of his car afterwards and tries to kick ur a##!

At least he had a good sense of humor about it
    STIwish
    -------------------
    03 Subaru WRX Sedan WR Blue -
    RIP

Well I wouldnt have done anything had it not been obvious that he was tryin to be the fast guy. I mean he TOOK OFF the line so what was I supposed to think

-I too am glad he had a good sense of humor about it. A black eye would not have been a good thing to sport around the beach this weekend.

Be careful with cab drivers. Not to generalize, but I know from working at a PD that the people we got coming in for what is called a "hack license" were absolute trash- ex felons, ne'er do-wells, etc. Many of them had violent records.

HAHAHA, that was halarious!

He probably thought he'd win. After all, a true taxi package Crown Vic will hammer most import sedans.

My 93 Grand Marquis (135k miles) runs a 10.1 in the 1/8th mile which is much faster than most of your mid-size sedans and the ricemobiles too.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.