Stock WRX vs 2001 Camaro SS
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Stock WRX vs 2001 Camaro SS within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; My friend has a camaro SS and one day we decided to race. We had 2 races one drag, and ...

Stock WRX vs 2001 Camaro SS

My friend has a camaro SS and one day we decided to race. We had 2 races one drag, and two road track (aka with turns) on the street.

The drag i smoked him off the line, but then wasnt even close he kicked my a** (saw that one coming).

In the road course, i smoked him no problem thru the turns, in the straights he caught me, but it was very close since those American cars can't turn. Anyway i think i took him, but not by much.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: Stock WRX vs 2001 Camaro SS

Originally posted by opXus
    but it was very close since those American cars can't turn.
    I just went outside to test my steering wheel. The wheels turn very well .
    Team Mullet Racing
    2004 White Evolution VIII - Wingless and Altezzaless
    www.forgivendriven.com

SOLD - Stage 4 WRX Wagon - 12.7 at 106mph - SOLD

Re: Re: Stock WRX vs 2001 Camaro SS

Originally posted by Shaitiger
    I just went outside to test my steering wheel. The wheels turn very well .

Hey how much faster is your camaro than your wrx from a roll, and from a stop? I have around 280 to the wheels and Im adding a FMIC and headers, so i should end up around 300 whp, and I'm racing a friend with a 350 whp z28 6speed. He has run hi 12's on drag radials. I've done 12.8 with the stage 4 and TMIC (only tried once). Just curious what you feel the difference is solely in terms of straight line acceleration both from a roll and a standing 1/4. Thanks...
    2004 R32: 220 whp

For Sale: 2003 wrx
    376 whp @ 22 psi, 93 octane

Pics:
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/badassrex

Re: Re: Re: Stock WRX vs 2001 Camaro SS

Originally posted by BassMan097
    Hey how much faster is your camaro than your wrx from a roll, and from a stop? I have around 280 to the wheels and Im adding a FMIC and headers, so i should end up around 300 whp, and I'm racing a friend with a 350 whp z28 6speed. He has run hi 12's on drag radials. I've done 12.8 with the stage 4 and TMIC (only tried once). Just curious what you feel the difference is solely in terms of straight line acceleration both from a roll and a standing 1/4. Thanks...
    350whp is his modded decent nothing too big it seems. He is going to walk you from a roll. 280 < 350. The 6 speed ls1's are monsters from a roll. If it is an auto ls1 then you may have a chance, but 350 is 350.

thats kinda what i thought...it is a 6 speed manual and he's a really good driver. I know i can take him at the track, even more so when i install the fmic and headers, but form a roll i think he'll get me...

Pics:

LS1
    good kill,
    watch out for the modded LS1's
    SS

deadly 4th gear,man......
    my car is slow,,,,,, very slow.

my rex

uppipe
    turboback
    mbc

took my friends 96 SS (chipped with exhaust) till 65... then we shut it down. Really not sure how much behind me he was, i was looking for cops, not looking back... but he wasnt next to me...
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

Re: Re: Re: Stock WRX vs 2001 Camaro SS

Originally posted by BassMan097
    That's a good question, I haven't raced both against each other yet but I'm pretty sure of the outcome. Regardless, that's definitely going to happen in the near future. My girlfriend drives stick pretty well. I can put her in the SS.

My SS should trap 115+mph if I can drive it properly. I really hope my wagon traps 106+mph the next time I head to the track. You can get an idea of how that race will be from a roll.

Now from a stop, if both cars are launched properly, I can see both cars side by side about mid 3rd gear. After that, my SS will pull hard especially through 4th.

I can determine this by how both cars feel as well. My SS isn't as nearly modded as my WRX. I basically have a mild aftermarket cam and 2 bolt-ons. This race between you and your friend will be a drivers race. If both of you drive well, then I can see you staying even till 4th gear. That retched 4th gear . Anyways, its still a driver's race, anything can happen. Good Luck.

Originally posted by ebr0t
    my rex

uppipe
    turboback
    mbc

took my friends 96 SS (chipped with exhaust) till 65... then we shut it down. Really not sure how much behind me he was, i was looking for cops, not looking back... but he wasnt next to me...
    You raced an LT1.
    Last edited by Shaitiger; 07-03-2003 at 12:22 PM.
    Team Mullet Racing
    www.forgivendriven.com

Your right about f bodys they cant touch us in the handling dept I should know I had a 400rwhp ws6 but in a straight away not many could touch me even with an auto I had a 3000 stall converter.
    Stage 4 (vf34) + tmic + mbc

Originally posted by JBLSWRX
    Your right about f bodys they cant touch us in the handling dept I should know I had a 400rwhp ws6 but in a straight away not many could touch me even with an auto I had a 3000 stall converter.
    I'm going to have to disagree with the "can't touch" statement. That's what suspension mods are for.
    Last edited by Shaitiger; 07-03-2003 at 08:40 PM.
    Team Mullet Racing
    www.forgivendriven.com

if u think american cars cant handle ur badly mistaken man
    Kory "I love Rexes and STis"

- 2006 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6
    - 2001 Acura CL Type S
    - 1998 Prelude S
    - 1997 Eclipse GSX
    - 1996 Eclipse GS

Originally posted by dukmahsik
    if u think american cars cant handle ur badly mistaken man

I agree...my friends modded z28 is basically a corvette in camaro clothing...full suspension work, wide ass rear tires for grip, and the power to go with it...

Pics:

What's with you Rice Boys?....Interested in FACTS?..... A stock ls1 f-body will out acellerate out brake out handle and flat out run away in top speed a stock WRX!......AND....Wait.......get this only uses TWO more Miles per Gallon AND cost about the SAME!
    2002 Formulas were going for $23K and RicerWRX's 24K!

I know you ricers find this hard to comprehend....but don't take my word Moter trend reports Camaro 60-0 brakeing....120..Ricerwrx...123. CamaroSlalom...63mph...Ricerwrx--61mph. Fuel milage Camaro..18mpg Ricerwrx-20mpg..WOW!... Dont' even try ricer to compare speed or acelleration or lateral g's in a corner cus Ricerwrx does not even come close!

Oh and P.S. ever watch show room stock raceing? F-body's (Camaros and Firebirds)have more wins in class than all competiors until its 2002 discontinuation, raceing against Cobras, Porsches 944s, Supras 300zx's and RX-7's,NOT neons and focuses!!

RicerWRXers, don't even try to compare your ricers to Firebirds or Camaros your FAR out of your league.....Go ahead and drop $5,000 or more in mods( not incuding stickers) just to get close to stock ls1 times with a descent driver......But for your own good stick to raceing Neons it's more your league!...OOPPPPSSS..Wait...
    you better stick with Focus's and Hondas, word on the street....NEONS WHHHOOOPP Ricerswrx's!!!!BAAAAHHHHAAAAA!!!!

Sorry...but...the Truth sometimes Hurts..........

Until next time RicerWRX boy.....SEEEEEEYYYYYAHHHHHHHH!!!!!
    Last edited by rayzzz57; 07-05-2003 at 09:46 PM.
    2001 Formula
    11.40@119 (N/A)
    $1,700 in mods (head&cam)
    10.90@129 MPH (NOS)
    Stock 12.94@107MPH

Originally posted by rayzzz57
    redneck mullethead babble
    Please crash into a brick wall before you breed. At least your car won't be on cinder blocks 11 months out of 12 in front of your double-wide. Thank you for posting.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast