Subaru WRX Forum banner

Stock WRX vs 2001 Camaro SS

6K views 53 replies 24 participants last post by  Scrat WRX 
#1 ·
My friend has a camaro SS and one day we decided to race. We had 2 races one drag, and two road track (aka with turns) on the street.

The drag i smoked him off the line, but then wasnt even close he kicked my a** (saw that one coming).

In the road course, i smoked him no problem thru the turns, in the straights he caught me, but it was very close since those American cars can't turn. :) Anyway i think i took him, but not by much.

#53 ·
Exactly

There's a car club that we all go to and i just met a kid, real cool guy, with a relatively new 350Z (about 9000 miles)...He's sponsored by Toyo, NOS, and some other company, and, of course, has the corresponding stickers. He has a custom body kit that looks quite nice, similar to the veilside, very unique rims (19's), and a custom exhaust. Without the Nitrous he dynoed at 240, with it just a hair over 300. Now, this car club has been around for years and f40's, gt2's, and modded vipers have been known to show up there. However, seeing as how we are in the new age of rice, you would not believe how much attention his car gets. Granted, he did a wonderful job on it...its not riced out, very nice looking, original kit. However, I'm a performance guy, and when i see people (esp cheap F&F type chicks) absolutely drooling over a 240 whp car, it makes me laugh..FYI, parked next to him was a 00 mustang GT, very stock looking, except of course for the gigantic FMIC (around 500 whp)...Was anyone looking at this car??? No...well, nobody but me :)

#54 ·
I have to agree with 2003WRX on the switch. I too came over from the LS1 camp (2000 Formula - also had a '96 LT1 Z28 vert before that) because I live in a very hilly area and after a particularly bad winter last year and many near-death experiences (and missing lots of work) I decided the Formula just wasn't practical daily, year-round transportation. I loved that car more than any other and not a day goes by that I don't miss driving it. But, the fact that my Rex can cut through snow and ice like a hot knife through butter and come out unphased does a heck of a lot for one's peace of mind. My wagon is a heck of a lot more practical than the F-bod's I've owned before, and it's a very fun little car.
We need to all smoke the peace pipe - after all, both the WRX and F-body camps have cars that will smoke most Mustangs and Rice - which are the real enemy here, right?:) Each car has it's highs and lows, and it just comes down to personal preference. I will always love and respect F-bodies, but I'm really hooked an Subies now, too!:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.