would i hang with a 2002 cobra?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on would i hang with a 2002 cobra? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; my friend just got a black mustang cobra and wanted to race me and he has an x pipe on ...

Question would i hang with a 2002 cobra?

my friend just got a black mustang cobra and wanted to race me and he has an x pipe on it and i have a full exhaust system down pipe blow off valve and a cold air intake? would it a close race or will i be able to beat him?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

If you race from dead stop, you should be able to beat him in the beginning. Around 3rd gear, Cobra will probably walk away from you. From a roll, I don't think you have any chance unless you get a bigger turbo. But still, those things have how many HP? 320?

No chance if you are stock.

You Better be running 0 to 60 in less that 4.8 sec and a sub 13 1/4 mile.
    New Cobras are fast. 0 to 60 in 4.8 sec and 13.2 @ 106 1/4 stock.

trust me... you'd lose.. and bad. get like a stage 10 and then... heh... naw you'd still lose (j/k on the stage 10)

--RaCinWRX

Talking

Hey guys I am new here....awesome cars by the way!!!! I have run a couple of WRX's on GA400 from a roll(one Black and one Blue) from a 65 roll and by 75 or so I had to let out of it as I was all over the back of their cars....I wanted to run to a much higher speed but traffic did not warrant that.....I am still trying to find one to race from a stop, want to see how that AWD lauches
    2001 SVT Cobra Vert
    Silver/Black Top/Polished Wheels
    281RWHP/286RWTQ Stock
    100MM Densecharger CAI
    Mobil 1

Cobras are MONSTERS and rarely are any stock, most guys have something more to em (parts are easy to come by and some are inexpensive)

Gotta try though!
    Allow myself to introduce myself

Originally posted by DOHC 32valve
    Hey guys I am new here....awesome cars by the way!!!! I have run a couple of WRX's on GA400 from a roll(one Black and one Blue) from a 65 roll and by 75 or so I had to let out of it as I was all over the back of their cars....I wanted to run to a much higher speed but traffic did not warrant that.....I am still trying to find one to race from a stop, want to see how that AWD lauches
    you'd put like 10 cars on a WRX from a roll
    WRX's are not very good top-end cars.
    Originally posted by AbACUZ
    im new in here, I am AbACUZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Originally posted by AbACUZ
    No where, is my style diferent, yes, I am AbACUZ.

True, but I really want to race one from a stop to see that WRX pull a good 60' and then see how long it takes to catch up.....the WRX's are sweet cars!!!!
    2001 SVT Cobra Vert
    281RWHP/286RWTQ Stock
    100MM Densecharger CAI
    Mobil 1

if u have god's car, then that is another story, he is a scary man
    my car is slow,,,,,, very slow.

Originally posted by 1SICKLEX
    Cobras are MONSTERS and rarely are any stock, most guys have something more to em (parts are easy to come by and some are inexpensive)

Gotta try though!
    For 'MONSTERS', they sure don't yield monster numbers. Every source I can turn up shows that a stock late model Cobra run 0-60 in 5.5 and just barely gets under 14.0 in the 1/4. This seems a little poor for a 320HP automobile. Trap time is respectable at 101mph.

I'd rather own an F-body with an LS1 which seem to be more impressive in stock guise.

-Pace

he is a scary man
    yes

yes he is.

Cool

Originally posted by pace

For 'MONSTERS', they sure don't yield monster numbers. Every source I can turn up shows that a stock late model Cobra run 0-60 in 5.5 and just barely gets under 14.0 in the 1/4. This seems a little poor for a 320HP automobile. Trap time is respectable at 101mph.

I'd rather own an F-body with an LS1 which seem to be more impressive in stock guise.

-Pace
    The #'s you are looking at are the pre fix 99's that car and driver and the other rags tested...C&D tested 2 01 cobras a coupe and a vert and generated 0-60 of 4.8 seconds and 13.5 @ 105mph both of these cars dynoed at 272RWHP...here is the link to the article, enjoy

2001 Cobra Specs
    2001 SVT Cobra Vert
    281RWHP/286RWTQ Stock
    100MM Densecharger CAI
    Mobil 1

Actually all the numbers I found were for a MY01, but I'll agree that Car and Driver is a more credible source than most. Their numbers are more like one would expect from a 320HP auto. Still not what I'd term 'monster', but I guess that's a pretty subjective thing!

Cheers,
    -Pace

God
    I'll run a Cobra anyday.
    Daniel Ponze, Lead Tuner Tuning Factory, Inc.
    PH: (248) 477-0700___FX: (248) 477-0701

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.