SRT-4 takes on pikes peak

This is a discussion on SRT-4 takes on pikes peak within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; http://www.scca.com/amateur/performa...eak/index.html New to the SCCA ProRally Hillclimb field this year was the exhibition only, two-wheel drive class, consisting of two ...

SRT-4 takes on pikes peak

http://www.scca.com/amateur/performa...eak/index.html

New to the SCCA ProRally Hillclimb field this year was the exhibition only, two-wheel drive class, consisting of two regular Group Five competitors. While Doug Shepherd’s run in his 2003 Dodge SRT-4 did not count for ProRally Championship points, his time of 13:19.09 bested all of the cars in the all-wheel drive Group N class and proved, along with Chris Havas’ solid 14-minute rookie run, that 2WD SCCA ProRally cars have a place at the Peak.
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 Black
    221 whp/ 241 wtrq *Stock*
    13.585 @ 102.88 *Stage 1*

"Nothing gives you such a sense of the infinite as stupidity"

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Doug Shepherd is a hell of a driver, I must say. If he can do that with an SRT-4, imagine what he could do with a WRC car...that man needs to get signed by Subaru's World Rally Team.

-slim
    2003 Subaru Impreza WRX (AP Stage 2)
    Midnight Black, weathered and beaten thanks to the wonderful citizens of Philadelphia, PA

2005 Honda S2000
    Silverstone Metallic Exterior, Red/Black Interior, a shifter made in heaven

That is damn impressive.. although it wouldn't be as effective driven by a less stellar driver... but damn
    STIwish
    -------------------
    03 Subaru WRX Sedan WR Blue -
    RIP

I'm not tryin to start any sheet, but I dont think he beat the winning STi's times. I know the Subaru's are in the open class, and I dont think you're tryin to do a comparrison....so wassabe?

Here is what I got out of it:
    "Lovell set a new PPIHC Open class record with a time of 11:39.63"

"Ramana Lagemann, followed close behind with a time of 11:43.65"

VS

"While Doug Shepherd’s run in his 2003 Dodge SRT-4 did not count for ProRally Championship points, his time of 13:19.09 bested all of the cars in the all-wheel drive Group N class and proved, along with Chris Havas’ solid 14-minute rookie run, that 2WD SCCA ProRally cars have a place at the Peak."

I'm not flamin, just wondering what this is doing in here. Good run for the SRT-4 none the less, always good to have competition.