More Close Encounters of the S4 Kind
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on More Close Encounters of the S4 Kind within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; The S4 is a beautiful machine I love that damn car...but after today, I love to race against them too ...

Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    I Support ClubWRX

More Close Encounters of the S4 Kind

The S4 is a beautiful machine I love that damn car...but after today, I love to race against them too

I'm with my parents on the way to dinner and in my rear view mirror, I see some familiar looking HIDs. Soon enough, a sexy blue S4 passes me on the left. As fate would have it, we both had a red light. We line up and I look over at the young guy driving. We both smile at each other and as soon as the light turns green, we gun it.

Even with my slushbox, I pulled ahead for about 2 seconds before he regained the lead. I thought to myself "Oh boy, it's over now" but although he pulled ahead, I was still pretty much on his tail...he couldn't get more than a half a car length ahead of me. Considering I had a slushbox, extra weight, and my heater and defroster on, I was ecstatic! Once we hit about 80 I let off the gas, and he let off too. He let me pull up next to him and I waved to him. He waved back and we turned off to head to the restaurant.

After this...my dad wants to get an S4. w000t! Unfortunately he'll probably get the slushbox version, but who cares? Maybe I'll have a WRX and an S4 to drive!
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Senior Editor and Photographer, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 2010 A4, still to be named | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

my dad drives an S4. ive only been back home once since he bought it and he wont let me drive it
    sexy car though. its red

Sup Ver,

Did you happen to brake Torquge the car to around 3700 RPMS before launching?? If the race happened like you said, and you would have brake launched the car, u would have beaten him to at least 80

Rob

Moderating YOU
    I Support ClubWRX
    Unfortunately no...I didn't have time to do it so it was pretty much just mash and go
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 2010 A4, still to be named | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)

hahahaha if i ever raced with my parents in the car.... oh man. made me smile, but i guess your parents are some cool people.

o-|-<) bryan

Moderating YOU
    I Support ClubWRX
    Actually my dad was cheering me on...but my mom wasn't happy...hehehe

My friend has a WRX and I have an S4. They are both very different to drive, but both really fun cars to drive and equally rewarding. If I wasn't looking for a bigger car, I would make a WRX a second car when it's time to replace my fiance's car. Maybe the Blitsen (or whatever it is called) will be here by then

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.