Wrx Vs E55
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Wrx Vs E55 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I raced an E55 on a roll last night. The old body style. I'm guessing like 2000 or before. I ...

Wrx Vs E55

I raced an E55 on a roll last night. The old body style. I'm guessing like 2000 or before.
    I do not know if that was a REAL E55 or not, considering the fact that I won. I only won by a car and a half. Is that possible? We raced til about 110? Or I went to 110 for sure.
    My mods are turbo back exhaust, intake, boosting 19psi with vf22, sti injectors, fuel pump and Engine Mgmt.
    I thought it would take me, because it was on a roll....but since I took it...I'm thinking maybe it wasn't E55? Let me know what you guys think.
    -soul
    Last edited by soulsweeper; 07-01-2003 at 04:54 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

not to diss your performance but i'm betting it wasn't a real e55.

my parents e500 can take my stage 2 wrx from a roll pretty easy, so i'm guessing an e55 would take your car too.

The older generation E55 AMG had 0-60 times ranging from 4.4-5.0 and roughly mid-13's in the quarter. Given your upgrades, I just have one thing to say. GOOD KILL!!

Thanks EmarkDDS.
    Hopefully it was an E55, if it was just like e500, I'll be little sad. Hopefully my nitrous intercooler chiller will make it better. Getting that installed in 2 weeks.
    -soul

Originally posted by EMarkDDS
    The older generation E55 AMG had 0-60 times ranging from 4.4-5.0 and roughly mid-13's in the quarter. Given your upgrades, I just have one thing to say. GOOD KILL!!
    actually, the old e55's werent close to getting times like 4.4......my e500 can take a stock WRX, it was proabaly a e430 with the amg package

I raced a E55 A<G before. That thing is FAST for its weight!!!

I was able to hang with him until I hit middle of 3rd gear. then he walked away.

Originally posted by nyxjf
    I raced a E55 A<G before. That thing is FAST for its weight!!!

I was able to hang with him until I hit middle of 3rd gear. then he walked away.
    yea the new E55's have 469 hp, and like 500 lb ft of torque, a lot of power for 75 G's

I did not race a new E55, it was old body.
    It said E55, but who knows. Only thing I know for sure is that I beat him. You guys really don't think it was E55? Argh. Is it even possible to beat one with my mod?
    -soul

Originally posted by bmms8
    actually, the old e55's werent close to getting times like 4.4......my e500 can take a stock WRX, it was proabaly a e430 with the amg package
    July 1999 motor Trend 0-60 time of 4.8 sec http://www.fantasycars.com/sedans/html/e55.html

The latest issue of Road and TRack has the new model factory rated at 4.5 sec.

But you're right...i was confusing old gen and new gen. Still, even an older gen E55 will hand a stock WRX its ass if its not careful.

I LOVE THE NEW E55... absolutely awsome.... there was one next to me on the highway a while ago... wanted to see it smoke me....
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

Originally posted by EMarkDDS
    [But you're right...i was confusing old gen and new gen. Still, even an older gen E55 will hand a stock WRX its ass if its not careful. [/B]
    Even an older E55 should easily walk a STOCK wrx.
    2003 Subaru WRX Sedan 5 spd.
    Platinum Silver, TurboXS Stage 3 and lots of other goodies. See profile.

2002 Mercedes Benz C32 AMG

2005 Lotus Elise on order

yea the new E55's have 469 hp, and like 500 lb ft of torque, a lot of power for 75 G's
    I came across one of these a couple of weeks back (might have been the older version with less power) driven by a 60 something distinguished gentleman, came up behind him at 70 or so and he was game, started a sarcastic wave that I could see through his rear window before he let me have it. I was shocked at how quickly he left me but I wasn't really serious because I was in 4th gear (my car is only a couple or months old and stock)

Cool thing was we both slowed down to 75, pulled alongside and gave the peace sign. It's good to see old fellas willing to use what they've got. Other road users must have been shocked to see a Merc being driven over 100 on the freeway with a Subie 6-8 car lengths back in the same lane

Originally posted by eluminx
    I came across one of these a couple of weeks back (might have been the older version with less power) driven by a 60 something distinguished gentleman, came up behind him at 70 or so and he was game, started a sarcastic wave that I could see through his rear window before he let me have it. I was shocked at how quickly he left me but I wasn't really serious because I was in 4th gear (my car is only a couple or months old and stock)

Cool thing was we both slowed down to 75, pulled alongside and gave the peace sign. It's good to see old fellas willing to use what they've got. Other road users must have been shocked to see a Merc being driven over 100 on the freeway with a Subie 6-8 car lengths back in the same lane
    probably was an older one...yea AMG owners are the best, the e55 is my favorite, its the fastest production sedan in the world right now

Originally posted by Carl AMG
    Even an older E55 should easily walk a STOCK wrx.
    Isn't that what i said?

BTW, how do you like your C32 AMG? I just love Mercedes. Someday, the SL55 AMG will be MINE!

I'm sure it's not as fun though. They only make tiptronic and Automatic transmission on those. Sorta take the fun out of interaction if you ask me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast