WRX vs GTS celica
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX vs GTS celica within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; GTS celica. Basic mods. 17's, intake, s2k anttanne vs 2k2 wrx no resonator and a bov. The WRX went from ...

WRX vs GTS celica

GTS celica. Basic mods. 17's, intake, s2k anttanne vs 2k2 wrx no resonator and a bov.

The WRX went from 5500 rpms in 2nd and the celica was in 2nd. They were doing 55mph i think and they went to about 100. The celica kept pulling. It had about 2+ car lenghts on the wrx. Then a boosting eclipse pulls right beside the wrx but they all slowed down. I knew celica was fast but damn. That six speed is awesome for the celicas. I don't think a wrx can beat a rsx type s on the highway since rsx and gts are pretty close... I'm definitely not going to mess with any. So end the end, the gts wins. A fellow wrx goes down.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

it only looks fast®

how cna u lose to a celica man, its just not right!!!

:P

You race one and get smoked stock. Don't hate since my buddy is stock. I'm stock too.

Since they raced from a roll, Celica had advantage cuz of its lighter weight(2500 lbs ), and VVTL-i with close ratio gears. They have problem staying in VVTL-i from 1st to 2nd gear, but after that, they can stay in the sweet spot all the way. Your friend's WRX is stock, right? Tell him to race the Celica again from dead stop. WRX should be able to beat the Celica if he knows how to launch.

What?! You're not going to mess with any RSX type S or Celica GTS? Come on! Have higher expectations for your car! Slap on a MBC(if you don't already have one) and have some fun with either one of those cars. For instance, I'm not afraid to race with Camaro SS. I know I'm gonna lose eventually, but I usually stay ahead up to around 80 mph. and all I have is MBC, uppipe, and intercooler hoses!

I love when people listed "mods" while trying to tell a race story.. "s2k Antenna" come on!
    We suck at the top end, if the race was from 30-100, it would have been different. Celica GT-S is not that strong from 30-60 due to the long second gear (a scam by Toyota to achieve good 0-60mph time,) and from second to third it will drop out of power band slightly. I say time to get some bpu..

also...races are done by 60

ok..think 1/8th mile....so top speed....80.....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    http://www.chumpmonkeygames.com
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I BEAT SOME CELICAS GTS's IN MY GRAND AM!!!!!!! HOW COULD A WRX LOOSE!!!!

Wow... that WRX driver sure didnt know how to drive.. Stock Celica GTS's run 15 flat... thats a full second (almost) slower then a stock WRX.

No kidding man, i have raced a ton of these, twice from a roll, and once from a stoplight!! and i have a slushboXX!! From a roll they were a "Little" close, maybe a car length behind, but it wasent anything special... ONe guy also had a huge potatoe shooter on the back of his with ground effects (the one I raced from a light) and after launch i immediately got a 2+ car lead and kept pulling till 100 when he was like 3+ cars back......

Originally posted by black99gt
    I BEAT SOME CELICAS GTS's IN MY GRAND AM!!!!!!! HOW COULD A WRX LOOSE!!!!

Wow... that WRX driver sure didnt know how to drive.. Stock Celica GTS's run 15 flat... thats a full second (almost) slower then a stock WRX.
    Didn't I say this was on a roll?.... Quatermile times don't mean jack on a roll. The celica was in its lift. My bud ran him from 55 (Celica is in his vvti-l range). Why don't you get a wrx and race one stock and get your a$$ handed to you before you say people can't drive... What was so hard about putting it in second and flooring? Think before you speak. The wrx will beat a celica from a stop easily. So go buy a wrx and afford some insurance and then you can talk.

Well that sounds good and all, but the fact is that most everyone here who has a WRX has beat a Celica in all kinds of situations before. I believe you when you tell me what you saw I guess. But most of us know from experience that the car isn't that hard to beat. The only thing left to assume is that something wasn't right with the guy's driving. Unless something was wrong with his car. That's why you're getting kid of a hard time about the story.

((So go buy a wrx and afford some insurance and then you can talk.))

You dont need to be mean to him, just cause your friend cant drive for Sheite

Go RobPA!!!

Ya im just sorry.. a mean the STOCK times are a FULL SECOND apart... youre friend can drive better then that.

And dude.. dont be tellin me what to do. Just wait and see when i DO get my WRX... gonna be alot better looking and faster then yours is ever going to be.. See i can be mean too...

Mean people suck...

obviously the people you raced don't know how to drive.
    Celica is not that slow from the roll, they are LIGHT.. 2600lbs and 180hp from the roll. WRX is heavy and AWD is an disadvantage at high speeds (more drag and heavy.) If you slack, you will lose to a Celica GT-S from a 55mph roll.
    Again, "FULL" second from standing stop 1/4 drag. Not from a roll.

Originally posted by jk147
    obviously the people you raced don't know how to drive.
    Celica is not that slow from the roll, they are LIGHT.. 2600lbs and 180hp from the roll. WRX is heavy and AWD is an disadvantage at high speeds (more drag and heavy.) If you slack, you will lose to a Celica GT-S from a 55mph roll.
    Again, "FULL" second from standing stop 1/4 drag. Not from a roll.
    Exactly. The celica was in his lift/vvti (vtec). My friends rex was stock. He had to spool etc etc. A wrx will probably beat a celica lets say 30 (due to their long 2nd gear due to toyota's effort to make a low 0-60 time) or so but not around 55mph when they are in there vvti range. Sure others of you have beat it, but go out and race one with the same conditions same variables. 50 mph right where they make thier peak power. Probably around 6k rpms for them seeing how they have 8 k redlines. black99gt I'll believe it when I see it. I'm probably not going to mod my car anytime soon. You probably won't even get one due to the high insurance rates and your mommy won't let you get one, but if you do kudos to you if you make it faster or whatnot.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.