WRX vs GTS celica - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on WRX vs GTS celica within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Damn toddwrx. I want to see it though lol. No black99gt. They are not 4 psi turbo....

Damn toddwrx. I want to see it though lol.

No black99gt. They are not 4 psi turbo.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

oops

oops... I messed up somewhere when posting. Sorry

I'm retarded

delete me!!!
    Last edited by Diesel757; 03-13-2002 at 06:03 PM.

Originally posted by BamBooI
    Damn toddwrx. I want to see it though lol.

No black99gt. They are not 4 psi turbo.
    then being serious. WHAT are they again? I was seriously under the impression that they are turobed.. even a couple friends i know that have them, and from what ive read and everything

wus up everyone, well I see you guys doubt the potential of what the celica can do. Well the celica is one hard car to drive especially staying on the 2nd cam on the 1-2 shift. There are still alot of driver out there that can't land the 2nd cam but if you can find one that can, you will have a good match against a stock WRX. Another thing is there are alot of Celica GTS on the road that are AUTO. Now that car is soooo freaken slow its unbelievable. I don't know why toyota just leave the GTS to be all manual tranny car like how the acura/honda does the GSR. oh well. There are only like 5 percent of GTS 6 spd on the road, 65-70 percent GT and 25-30 GTS Auto.

Okay back to the topic.
    Stock WRX vs Stock Celica: the wrx will win

Stock WRX vs Modified Celica (Intake and exhaust): pretty even but if you run against a good driver in the celica that can land the 2nd cam, the celica will win.

Modified WRX vs Modified Celica: no doubt the WRX will win. Unless the WRX can't launch or has a bad launch.

Thats my take on the matchup. Well I personally ran a couple of WRX already both modified and stock at the illegal races in San Jose/Milpitas. Stock WRX I have beaten already. and Modified WRX I have both won and lost. The wrx had intake, exhaust, bov, and boost controller. The time that I won was when he had a bad launch. But most of the time he beats me off the line as you will see in the videos but if he messes up on the launch its all over for him. For me to beat the WRX I have to have a good jump at the launch or else I will be playing catchup. But eventually I will pull on the wrx in 3rd and 4th. In the 2nd race against the wrx, he got me pretty good at the launch but at the end of 4th gear, I was at his back door. The stock wrx I won by like a car and half maybe more, my friend still has to encode the videos but I will post as soon as he does.

Well here are the videos,

First Race: he didn't get a good launch and you will see that I keep up with him on the launch and pull away from him.
    http://subzero.mine.nu/celica/CrazyCelicaGTSvsWRX.mpg

2nd Race:
    he got me on the launch and I was playing catchup, at the end I was at his back door.
    http://subzero.mine.nu/celica/CrazyCelicaGTSvsWRX2.mpg

As far as timeslip for the celica gts, go to www.newcelica.org to find the 1/4 list. The fastest N/A celica is 14.1. He has intake, exhaust, and LSD. I myself run a 14.3 with just intake. So with Intake and exhaust and a good driver, the celica are low to mid 14 second cars.

well both cars are awesome cars. The wrx are easy to mod to get alot of power so thats a big advantage. I have alot of respect for WRX but don't like it when wrx driver think they are all that. I can't believe that one wrx that ran 11 sec, he did alot to his car though but still thats crazy. I just hope when the supercharger or the turbo actually come out, the celica can hit 12s. I think I can hit high 13s if I strip my car, hehe. I might do it once I get new tires on. Well Celica with NOS can hit mid to high 13s but with a good driver and good traction it can get high 12s. There is one celica owner that has NOS and he ran a low 13s. Well this is getting too long so take it easy everyone and drive safe out there. Late
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 14.358run.jpg  
    01 CELICA GTS 6 SPEED

BEST TIME:
    14.03 Sacramento Speedway with I/H/E
    13.7 on G-tech with I/E/H/PFC

Nice videos! *two thumbs up*

Well said and thanx for the videos(right click - save as)

Nice trap speed on the time slip too! I only trapped at 95.90 mph when I ran 14.1 I need to put my car on a diet or something haha

Thumbs up 2 THUMBS UP!!!

Yes.. a man who can BACK his speeches up with a time slip and videos...

This Is what it is all about... CrazyCelica.. i respect you!

Good videos. Do you have any other street racing in general videos? black99gt the celica gts is 180hp, 1.8liter 4 cylinder with vvti-l no turbo.

good videos!
    Are u a member of newcelica.org? I go there once in awhile.

nice one crazycelica!

You have a fast little car there. The main reason the stock wrx doesnt pull much at high speed is gearing and the stock teeny tiny turbo. Most wrx's with upgraded turbos are running high 12's, low 13's. Nmyeti pulled a 12.3 a few months ago. The celica has a very high hp/weigh ratio with only a couple mods. I think it weighs around 2500 lbs. With a turbo they will be scary. I've only seen a couple gt-s around here and they were auto

What kind of exhaust did the guy in the races have? It musta been really quiet or yours is just really loud
    New:
    2005 Electric Blue Lancer Evo VIII

Traded:
    Platinum Silver 02 WRX
    TurboXS stage2

01 CELICA GTS 6 SPEED

BEST TIME:
    14.03 Sacramento Speedway with I/H/E
    13.7 on G-tech with I/E/H/PFC

My buddy ran a 14.301 his only mods were intake and straight pipe exhaust...and yes its loud as hell I can hear him a block away...you probably know him crazycelica he's icyjaws over on newcelica.org
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 14.3.jpg  
    2003 WRX this summer
    GregFarz3@excite.com
    http://community.webshots.com/user/gregfarz78

Like free MP3's? Join my club, mention clubwrx.net
    Audiophilez

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.