Red firebird almost killed me

This is a discussion on Red firebird almost killed me within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So I was on my way home from church. I stopped at the red light, and this red F-body pulled ...

Red firebird almost killed me

So I was on my way home from church. I stopped at the red light, and this red F-body pulled up next to me, he look at me and reved his engine, so I was like ok fine race it is.
    The light turned green and here we go, I didn't want to drop the clutch, I don't want to damage the tranny. He jumped ahead of me about a car length. Then the turbo kicked in, my car started pulling, all the sudden, his F-body drifted in my lane and I had to slam on the brake so I wouldn't run into his car. It looked like he lost control of his car, so I was in dead stop, and he pulled away,,,all the way to the next light. I shut it down right then becuz I doubt his driving ability!
    I live in East Lansing MI, so if anyone who lives around me and ever meet up with this RED F-body ( modded on the pipe) , don't race him, HE CAN'T DRIVE, he might just side swipe u with his car.
    my car is slow,,,,,, very slow.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX

Re: Red firebird almost killed me

Originally posted by slin02
    Then the turbo kicked in.
    What turbo are you running? Seems to me you weren't slipping at a high enough rpm to launch...

stock turbo!
    I didn't slip nor drop the clutch, I was driving like normal! I kept up with the other F-body TA before without my downpipe and chip. I was pretty confidence I could beat this one becuz it was only the V-8 fomula, but he lost control and he won by default!
    my car is slow,,,,,, very slow.