2 "F" bodies watch wagon taillights

This is a discussion on 2 "F" bodies watch wagon taillights within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; The night started funny when I was leaving the base and a Z28 (new body style) lights up his tires ...

2 "F" bodies watch wagon taillights

The night started funny when I was leaving the base and a Z28 (new body style) lights up his tires near the main gate. Not a smart thing to do on a military base. I let it go and when on about my day. Few hours later I am on the freeway and a Z28 and a Trans AM fly by (probably 95 100mph). looked like the same camaro that burned out on base. I was interested and caught them at the next light on the offramp. Three lights later and having to listem to them rev at eachother we are getting on the next freeway (2 lane entrance). The light turns green and I slip the clutch easy so I dont rear end the z28, once the freeway opens up I nail it and the F bodies slowly disappear behind my window I got up to 105 and shut down (the wife was hitting me!!!) The F bodies just screamed by. Its awsome to have a Grocery getter that can woop up on V-8s!!!. My mods are:

JoeP MBC 15.5
    CAI (worthless cept for sound)
    enki cdr-9 wrapped in faulkin azinis sports
    shortthrow shifter.
    intercooler sprayer

I need engine managment. Looking at accessecu

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

trust me new-body Z28 can pull on you like you are standing still at that speed. Think he wasn't trying hard....

I don't think they were trying. Ls1's are very fast. 300+/- rwhp range stock. You need like stage 4 to hang with one unless they are auto+bone stock then you can hang with them at stage 2.

I did 2 roll on's with an LS1 yesterday from 3k in 2nd gear through 3rd. Once I spooled up I was slowly pulling on him. He had an auto.

I have a stage 4 with a map I am still tweaking. (Started over with the new Txs FMIC map.....very smooth but needed some tweaking for my car.) I am barely seeing 17psi. From the seat of the pants dyno I think I have a fair amount of hp left to find.

Back to the story....really cool guy we chatted for a while, he said with the STI etc. coming out he needed to get a blower.
    Run Forest, Run
    04 Java Black 5Mt XT

Re: 2 "F" bodies watch wagon taillights

Originally posted by DBR_StreetWorks
    The night started funny when I was leaving the base and a Z28 (new body style) lights up his tires near the main gate. Not a smart thing to do on a military base. I let it go and when on about my day. Few hours later I am on the freeway and a Z28 and a Trans AM fly by (probably 95 100mph). looked like the same camaro that burned out on base. I was interested and caught them at the next light on the offramp. Three lights later and having to listem to them rev at eachother we are getting on the next freeway (2 lane entrance). The light turns green and I slip the clutch easy so I dont rear end the z28, once the freeway opens up I nail it and the F bodies slowly disappear behind my window I got up to 105 and shut down (the wife was hitting me!!!) The F bodies just screamed by. Its awsome to have a Grocery getter that can woop up on V-8s!!!. My mods are:

JoeP MBC 15.5
    CAI (worthless cept for sound)
    enki cdr-9 wrapped in faulkin azinis sports
    shortthrow shifter.
    intercooler sprayer

I need engine managment. Looking at accessecu
    Where's my BS flag?
    2000 LS1 Camaro M6

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    LS1s are TOUGH to get from a roll...Im not calling BS but I doubt they were in it all the way. I barely pull on LS1s and Ive got over 350hp at the wheels, so this is kinda tough to believe. Also, one of my friends has a 2000 Z28m6 and with just a lid and a cutout, dynoed 326rwhp. Another friend ran a 12.9@111 with just lid & cutout. Ls1s are damn fast, and coming from a guy who's owned 4 mustangs, you know they must deserve the respect i'm giving em!
    2003 SRT-4

<nelson>HAHA</nelson>

Having owned both an 99 SS camaro and a 03 wagon, I can vouch that the camaro is 1.5 seconds quicker and almost 11mph faster than a stock WRX...more than a MBC is likely to make up for, I think

I had a 2000 Z28 LS1 6-speed with a lid/filter and a Borla catback. That thing was a beast with those minimal mods. I am running a TXS Stealthback and Stage 2 AccessECU and while the WRX is pretty quick, it still isnt up to par with the Z28. If you pulled on him that badly, he was laughing at you and not trying very hard most likely.
    2003 WRX Sedan
    2004 Nissan Xterra SE 4x4

Maybe they were LT1's ??

Or if they were the new body style they could have been V6's ??? You would have pulled away from them fairly easy I'm guessing.
    Chris
    2000 WS6 Trans Am
    M6(Hurst)
    MODS: Direct-Flo Lid, GMS MAF, BG Ram Air Mod,
    Hotchkis STB, EGR Mod, Corsa Exhaust (No Muffler)

Let me tell ya' what Melba Toast is packin' right here alright. We got 4.11 positrac outback, 750 double pumper, Edelbrock intake, bored over .030, 11:1 pop-up pistons, Turbo-Jet 390 horsepower.....We're talkin' some f*%#in' muscle!!
    Wooderson - Dazed & Confused