SAAB Viggen
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on SAAB Viggen within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; OK, I'm a SAAB salesman, so today i had to make a run out to Concord MA, so I take ...

SAAB Viggen

OK, I'm a SAAB salesman, so today i had to make a run out to Concord MA, so I take a 2000 Saab Viggen convertible. For those who arent familiar these are 230hp torque stear DEMONS!!! not a whole lot off the line from these cars, but holy hell on the highway they get up and go! Alot more pull then our stock rex's. Rolling on the throttle in fifth gear will give you a little bit of a push back into your seat. Granted these cars arent the best handling, the convertibles, well... they are convertibles, and the hatchbacks have a lot of body shake and what not. But on the higway they get on thier horse pretty well.

For anyone who may be shopping, check out the NEW 9-3 MUCH better car. The WRX is a MUCH better performerand a decent amount less money, but just a different level of car entirely. So if your stock in your rex watch out for the Viggens, Vectors and Aeros on the higway, they can give you a gooood run. Anyone here actually have an encounter with any of these yet?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I hear that the new model saabs will have subaru WRX engines and setups. GM is majority shareholders in both Saab and Subarus.

So, in the future there would not be much difference between Saab and Subarus. Of cos, Subs are always the genuine article and Saabs are just Swedish crap.

Got a co-worker who bought a Viggen. I actually went down with him to the dealership to test drive it before he bought it. If I remember correctly it was a 2002 and that was the last year for the Viggen??(not sure about this) You are right the torque stear scared the hell out of me when I stepped on it. I prefer the AWD of the WRX.....

The car is top notch! Interior is awesome and the car has some very good power! You get what you pay for. First thing I wondered after flooring it is how much boost is the turbo putting out?

Anyways my co-worker is still learning how to drive his Saab so I don't believe it would be a fair race right now. When he is ready I'll give him a shot against my stage 2 Rex!

According to Road & Track, the stock WRX and Viggen both have quarter mile trap speeds of about 95mph. From a roll, a stock WRX vs a Viggen is probably an even race.
    2002 WRX WRB

To clarify on the GM/Subaru thing. GM is the largest single shareholder (at 20%) but isn't the majority owner.

IIRC Saab is going to sell the WRX wagon with a 9-3 looking front end. Wonder if they will move the ignition key next to the handbrake?
    Run Forest, Run
    04 Java Black 5Mt XT

I love the new 9-3. The first time I saw one, I followed it until I could read the badges. I had to know what kind of car it was. They are very stylish cars.

-Jim

I had one follow me on an empty highway when I was stock. He stuck right with me.
    Catalytic converters are for hippies.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.