Si was hanging with me
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Si was hanging with me within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was racing my friends 03 Si hatch, he has a full cat-back exhaust and cold air intk. We were ...

Si was hanging with me

I was racing my friends 03 Si hatch, he has a full cat-back exhaust and cold air intk. We were going about 40 i was in 2nd and he downed it first and right after that i followed. I caught up to him and pulled a little so his front was at my mirror and we went into 3rd and i wasnt pulling anymore and we were pretty even. when we shut off at about 100 his bumper was right on my tail. I am disappointed. Has anyone else raced a Si before? This gets me worried.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Are you sure thats all he has? Race him from a dig and you'll blow him away next time!!
    2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i [Bone Stock]
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 [303 hp/323 tq] - SOLD

damn

this is off topic...but your SRT-4 has some impressive numbers at the wheels . U need to take that bad boy to the track, see what mph it pulls in the 1/4! I kinda wish i had some more money, i would buy an SRT-4, those things have mad potential, nice car man .

-Bobby D

What are your mods?

That is sad you lost to a civic si.

He didn't lose. He just didn't own the Si.

Re: Si was hanging with me

Originally posted by MisterFast
    <snip>......his bumper was right on my tail.
    Doesn't sound like he lost to me!! Yea, what are your mods?

Bobby thanks for the compliments! I wanted to wait until my first phase of mods were in place before I ran her at the track. 1/4 times should come REAL soon!
    2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i [Bone Stock]
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 [303 hp/323 tq] - SOLD

It sounds to me that it is no normal Si. May have some serious mod in that Si dude. Either that or you are just too kind on your WRX.

Originally posted by TurnWRX
    He didn't lose. He just didn't own the Si.
    doh.

I know a guy who has a turbo kit on his Civic Si and he runs 14's
    Maybe his car isnt tuned very well? I dunno

At some RPM's an SI can hang with a wrx. I used to own a 99 SI and i hung with my friend for a little while. The SI has serious top end. It has to make up for it. (its a low-mid 15 second car) and if you subtract the 0.8 sec or whatever we gain from a launch because of AWD, it puts us pretty close to a SI on the highway.

I've raced a nitro '03 civic SI from a stop (beat him by .5 in the 1/4) when I was stock. I've also raced a supercharged '99 SI on the highway (I got a jump in 3rd, even in 4th. He runs 14 flat) and a nitro '99 Si (I beat him as bad as the 03).

If he kept up with you, either you did something wrong, or he has a serious power adder on there somewhere.
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 Black
    221 whp/ 241 wtrq *Stock*
    13.585 @ 102.88 *Stage 1*

"Nothing gives you such a sense of the infinite as stupidity"

Originally posted by ebbtide
    I've raced a nitro '03 civic SI from a stop (beat him by .5 in the 1/4) when I was stock. I've also raced a supercharged '99 SI on the highway (I got a jump in 3rd, even in 4th. He runs 14 flat) and a nitro '99 Si (I beat him as bad as the 03).

If he kept up with you, either you did something wrong, or he has a serious power adder on there somewhere.
    and you drive an SRT4 which will take a stock wrx from a roll too. WRX's IMO are really bad on top end.. Just as fast as my SI was in upper RPM's. (99 version)

i couldn't caught up with a 99 si on the freeway when i was chasing him . jus was wondering if a 99 Si would beat me from 100mph roll? btw im stock

Originally posted by WrXraBBit
    i couldn't caught up with a 99 si on the freeway when i was chasing him . jus was wondering if a 99 Si would beat me from 100mph roll? btw im stock
    A 100 mph roll.. LOL! The SI would be in 4th around 7k... (insane power between 7-8300k) You would be dead even until 5th gear and the wrx most likely pull a car or two and stay there until 130-140 or whatever. When I had my SI (before wrx), i got it up to 142

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast