Si was hanging with me - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Si was hanging with me within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by THE ONE I don't know why you guys are having such a problem with this. A 99-00 ...

Originally posted by THE ONE
    I don't know why you guys are having such a problem with this. A 99-00 Si would do just fine top end wise with a stock WRX. If it just had some minor bolt ons it would do fine. The gearing is very aggressive and it makes power up very high.
    Amen.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i don't know where you guys go off comparing civic SI with WRX. My prelude could smoke most of SI's and mine did high 6 to 7 sec 0-60

they're not that fast without boost.

Then that is like me saying that my old Si could smoke your prelude. The K20 has some mad topend when matted with a Hondata.
    Dom
    03 Platinum Silver WRX

well, that's really what all you get, the high end torgue band with hondata, and if you get hondata you're spending a considerable amount of money.

Performance: Si: 0-60 in 7.2 seconds, 1/4 mile in 15.7 seconds.

I've yet to see an SI smoke a prelude without modification and preludes with standard tunning I/E/H could produce low to mid 6 in 0-60 with low 14 sec 1/4 mile. And on top of that you do the Hondata management, with VAFC better results then that.

Now if you had SI you would know that after the 3rd gear, it struggles to go anywhere fast. And this was what I was saying. I've beaten a minimal boosted SI's until I get on my 3rd gear. I've hung with the new Stang GT's from a 5 mile roll until that 3rd gear.

ex-screamer5300 i don't know where you guys go off comparing civic SI with WRX. My prelude could smoke most of SI's and mine did high 6 to 7 sec 0-60
    i dont see any reason why the two cars cant be compared. especially when they have similar displacement and are both popular with great tuning potential. this post has been talking about racing from a roll, so 0-60 times are irrelevant.

add about $1000 in mods (hondata, intake, exhaust) and an si will knock .7 seconds off its 1/4 mile time. from a roll, the wrx forfeits its launch advantage, and the si has weight and gearing on its side. so i dont think a 14.4 sec car (wrx) will "smoke" a 15.1 second car from a roll, even though it will probably still win.

my friend paid 17k for his si, so add $1000 in those simple mods, plus $1000 in wheels, plus $4000 to boost it and at $23k spent, its cheaper than most of us paid for our subarus but will be faster (in a straight line). personally, i wouldnt trade my wrx for anything, especially not an egg shaped honda, but im just saying they arent all that bad.

Originally posted by ex-screamer5300

I've yet to see an SI smoke a prelude without modification and preludes with standard tunning I/E/H could produce low to mid 6 in 0-60 with low 14 sec 1/4 mile. And on top of that you do the Hondata management, with VAFC better results then that.

My friend has 96 Prelude Vtec with aem CAI, headers, cat-back exhaust. I believe the 92-96 prelude vtecs have the more agressive tranny and vtec cams then the new ones. He has never been able to get a 1/4 mile under 14.6. And he beats 97-01 full bolt on preludes. How can you say a prelude will run low 14s? I mean is that possible?

The b16as are faster than the new Si with the K20. My friend has a EF with a b16a in there. I raced him from the top of 1st and 2nd with in full boost and I was beating him inch by inch by the time we shut down he was still by my door. I just heard the new ones are not as fast as the b16s.

Originally posted by MisterFast
    My friend has 96 Prelude Vtec with aem CAI, headers,
    Just so you know it's header, not headers. It only has one cylinder head therefore only one header. And those are some great times from a lude. It's a heavy ass car but if you tune it it's a good one.
    293.2 hp to the ground
    267 lb/ft torque to the ground
    VF-30 Setup

who says my friends prelude is a 4 cylinder? jk my mistake.

Oh yea my friends prelude has no back seats, spare is gone, all the trunk materials, no speakers and the sort, the back portion is pretty much gutted but he still has a/c and power steering. Yea he has a fast prelude.

Originally posted by ex-screamer5300
    well, that's really what all you get, the high end torgue band with hondata, and if you get hondata you're spending a considerable amount of money.

Performance: Si: 0-60 in 7.2 seconds, 1/4 mile in 15.7 seconds.

Now if you had SI you would know that after the 3rd gear, it struggles to go anywhere fast. And this was what I was saying. I've beaten a minimal boosted SI's until I get on my 3rd gear. I've hung with the new Stang GT's from a 5 mile roll until that 3rd gear.
    Hondata gives you more than just high end power...

Bolt-ons can chop a full second off a Lude's 1/4 mile time? Damn, that's pretty impressive...

I'm also having some issues as to why you can't believe a '99 Civic Si can hang with a Lude, yet you alluded to your Lude (which I assume is stock if you're claiming high 6 second 0-60 times which is basically what a stock Lude is running) being able to hang with a new GT...do you see the hypocracy on this one?

You're talking about a half of a second between the Si and your Lude, and almost a full second between the 'Stang and your Lude.

Think about it...
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123