Si was hanging with me - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Si was hanging with me within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; '99 Civic Si has insane power in 4th gear??? I don't think so... That's a huge exaggeration. I'm just playfully ...

'99 Civic Si has insane power in 4th gear???

I don't think so... That's a huge exaggeration.

I'm just playfully teasing you, I hope you understand that. But it does not have an "insanely" fast 4th gear....if it is, then a M3 is a freakin' rocket ship in 4th gear!
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by smokey
    '99 Civic Si has insane power in 4th gear???

I don't think so... That's a huge exaggeration.

I'm just playfully teasing you, I hope you understand that. But it does not have an "insanely" fast 4th gear....if it is, then a M3 is a freakin' rocket ship in 4th gear!

HAH... well im meant compared to the rest of the RPM range

Originally posted by Knertified
    HAH... well im meant compared to the rest of the RPM range
    Yes, I do understand what you're talking about there (see my signature)...vtec vs. non-vtec is a HUGE difference.
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

my friend has an 02 si and we've raced plenty. it has intake, exhaust, and hondata. hes never beat me, but when we start from a 2nd or 3rd gear roll, once in a while he'll end up just a few feet behind my tail. typically though, i pull a good 1 or 1 1/2 cars on him or more if we start from a stop. he has a turbo going on in the next couple weeks...wont be anymore easy kills for me after that. hes expecting to gain around 80 to the wheels with a t3/t4 at 9psi.

Originally posted by ervv173
    my friend has an 02 si and we've raced plenty. it has intake, exhaust, and hondata. hes never beat me, but when we start from a 2nd or 3rd gear roll, once in a while he'll end up just a few feet behind my tail. typically though, i pull a good 1 or 1 1/2 cars on him or more if we start from a stop. he has a turbo going on in the next couple weeks...wont be anymore easy kills for me after that. hes expecting to gain around 80 to the wheels with a t3/t4 at 9psi.

thats great!! were you stock when you beat your friends si?

yeah im stock

Originally posted by ervv173
    yeah im stock
    Yeah the wrx will get the jump at first usually because of the torque but then there isn't too much gain. Same thing happened with my old SI and my friends WRX.

the Si was already gunning it and trying to get past me and he was already at WOT when he got to me and then I just down shifted to 2nd and started to catch up and pulled on him going into 3rd so he was at my rear and after that it was like I couldnt pull any more, i was pulling but not crazy pull. His only mods were intk, exh, but I think he might have chipped it but do they have chips out for the k20s?

I am completely stock for those of you who wanted to know my mods, except for a removed intake silencer, and the 3/16" hose coupling. Basically stock. The 99-00 Si has better top end than the newer models, so I think it would have been different if it were a 99-00. Does this mean i wont be able to beat a GTS or RSX typeS from a roll. I know my 1st and 2nd gears are not bad but 3rd and those two overdrive gears are not so fast.

Originally posted by ebbtide
    I've raced a nitro '03 civic SI from a stop (beat him by .5 in the 1/4) when I was stock. I've also raced a supercharged '99 SI on the highway (I got a jump in 3rd, even in 4th. He runs 14 flat) and a nitro '99 Si (I beat him as bad as the 03).

If he kept up with you, either you did something wrong, or he has a serious power adder on there somewhere.
    :-\ eh... what did those Nitrous SIs run? My 03 EX runs 14.65 with a 75shot and bolt ons.

I took a Civic HB 2002-2003 two weeks ago.

He was pretty stock, no exhaust, nothing.

He was weaving thru the lanes when he met up with me.
    Got in front of me and slowed down. Then blasted to the
    next light.

When I was at the light with him he was pretty cocky.
    I was staring right at me and did not stop looking.

I guess he wanted to go.

This was at about 1:00am on a Friday...

Seeing that he wanted to go, I backed up about 1/2 cars length.

Maybe I should have backed up about 4-5 cars length!

When the light turned green, I could see that he had dropped
    his clutch. Not me. I slowly launched...

We were both even on 1st gear, then when I shifted to 2nd,
    it was like a missle had passed him.

Talk about a slow and cocky car.

Either way, the SI you raced must of had a Turbo Kit and Nitro
    to keep up with you.

Meng Hang

Intake and Exhaust

if i raced him off the line it would have been different but i was well into 2nd and 3rd so i dunno

Hung with me when I had the A/C on :)

We didn't really launch but I saw him gun it. I followed then by 3rd (or 4th couldn't remember)gear I was already buses away. I then kinda slow down cause I don't normally do this. I was in 4th and saw him coming up fast from behind. When he was about at my rear I gun it in 4th. Yeah go figure! Also the A/C was on I could not walk away from him until 5th gear then I had to slow down cause my turn was next. Mind you it's a 3-lane street and noone was around.

So, they could hang if you are slowing down and kinda wait for them to catch up with your A/C on and you're in 4th. Mine is stock. His looked stock too.

Just to let a couple of you know that are talking about the gearing in the 99-00 Si, it has VERY aggressive gearing. The tranny is the same as a type r tranny just without the LSD. 3rd, 4th, and 5th gear are damn strong!
    293.2 hp to the ground
    267 lb/ft torque to the ground
    VF-30 Setup

Originally posted by MengHang
    [B

Either way, the SI you raced must of had a Turbo Kit and Nitro
    to keep up with you.
    [/B]
    I don't know why you guys are having such a problem with this. A 99-00 Si would do just fine top end wise with a stock WRX. If it just had some minor bolt ons it would do fine. The gearing is very aggressive and it makes power up very high. When I had my Si I would have to shift at 8400rpm to get the best 1/4 mile times and to make the most power. The WRX has no top end whatsoever! Once it gets to 6k it just falls on it's ass! So it would be easy. I don't know why a new Si would keep up since it only revs up to 7000rpm and it doesn't have a true VTEC system. (Meaning it only has the VTEC crossover on the intake cam.) The new Si's run a little over a 1/4 second slower than the 99-00's did. And to whoever asked if the K20's can be chipped yet the answer is yes. You can send your ECU to Hondata and they will re-flash it. And it works miracles. My friend had it done to his car and he ran a half a second quicker than he did stock and his redline was higher. Sorry for the long post...
    293.2 hp to the ground
    267 lb/ft torque to the ground
    VF-30 Setup

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.