WRX wagon vs Riced Ford Focus
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX wagon vs Riced Ford Focus within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So here I am in my world rally blue WRX wagon, back seat folded down and itís filled with boxes ...

WRX wagon vs Riced Ford Focus

So here I am in my world rally blue WRX wagon, back seat folded down and itís filled with boxes because I am moving. I am at a light with two left turn lanes and I am on the outside of the two, my wife sits in the passenger seat. Now for a while there had been a white riced out ford focus with a huge orange Saleen decal on either side. It had exhaust done at the very least, with dual exhaust tips not to mention that it sounded very loud. I could hear it clearly with the windows rolled up and all that.

To my surprise the pulled up next to me in the inside left hand turn lane, it was driven by a young white guy who gave me the ďyou wanna raceĒ look. He had two friends in his car, which I thought was completely absurd looking save for some nice wheels. Either way he was revving like crazy waiting for the turn like to turn green. When it did I stayed next to them during the left hand turn, still in first when the road straightened out. I could hear his engine ďroarĒ so I hit the gas and ran through 1st, and dropped rather quickly into second and I already had a car on them at this point. And this is what really pisses me off, they just gave up. No fun there but I guess when you canít win you canít win, I am sure his friends were laughing at him and all that. But at least he didnít ricer flyby.
    -Andrew

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

He probably did not have the power to perform a proper ricer fly-by.

No way man! Saleen decals that cover the whole side of your car add 50whp each!
    -Andrew

bambams247
    That 50hp is at the least! LOL. I love winning, gives you a great feeling, especially when the enemy is all hyped and pumped to go. Great story!

same here... no one wants to race me or anything except 10-20 year old cars and vans.. i just overtake them so i don't get hit by their cis butts or anything... (i'm in country.. so all roads are one lane oneway)
    - 04 Java Black Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan

....6 Right, 50, 4 Left Tightens to 3 Long, 100, Jump Maybe, Care 6 Right, 30, Hair Pin Left Sign Outside, 30, 2 Right, 100 Over Finish.

bambams247
    Originally posted by AUSSIE MY99
    same here... no one wants to race me or anything except 10-20 year old cars and vans.. i just overtake them so i don't get hit by their cis butts or anything... (i'm in country.. so all roads are one lane oneway)
    "It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile, winning's winning, ask anybody, any real racer, they will tell you!"

WRX
    Originally posted by bambams247
    That 50hp is at the least! LOL. I love winning, gives you a great feeling, especially when the enemy is all hyped and pumped to go. Great story!
    I loved it when you said "enemy" LOL!!
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

bambams247
    Originally posted by WRX
    Thx, its just that I live my life a quarter mile at a time. ;-)

bambams247
    Originally posted by WRX
    BTW, I noticed that you are in Illinois. Do you goto any meets or places where street racers meet up? I used togot the McDonalds on Barrington but the cops are shutting that palce down, what are some good places. We can met up, let me know, thanks.

Dude, can u guys imagine how much horsepower a SRT-4 would get w/ some Saleen-ish decals? Maybe Ford will lend out their technology to Dodge to help the American market compete w/ us

But seriously, I hate when people bail after they get their sheet handed to them off the line...espically when they instigate it. Nice job none the less

bambams247
    Originally posted by Lt. Boom Stick
    Dude, can u guys imagine how much horsepower a SRT-4 would get w/ some Saleen-ish decals? Maybe Ford will lend out their technology to Dodge to help the American market compete w/ us

But seriously, I hate when people bail after they get their sheet handed to them off the line...espically when they instigate it. Nice job none the less
    Did you see how fast the cars in 2fast 2furious were going with those decals? WOW! If anyone ahs read about these cars, tehy would know they are all pretty much stock besides exhausts, maybe intakes or stur bars. Notice how they never show an engine bay besides the mitsus. I read an article were it showed they were all stock, sad isnt?

Well I mean I didnt even technically launch. So it was kinda like a race from a 20mph roll.. I am guessing since I was close to the top of first. Not to mention they had the inside track, what more could they ask for.. oh wait.. a better car.
    -Andrew

It must be a lot of fun to beat someone with a trunkload of stuff!

I have hard time reading what lemon wrote. My attention keeps on sliding left.

We all know, decals increase horsepower, this breaking news just in, and fresh from the wind tunnel:
    Just the way a rough surface paint, or graphite coating decreases the drag of water on race boats, such is the laws of physics with that of air resistance. We have seen the effects with rough surfaced paints at speeds over 200. But it seems the decals are creating the same economies of scale. The decals actually create a rougher surface for less drag by turbulating the air in linear rolls, and thus decreasing total drag. As we know, when the humidity increases, the air drag increases. But we did not know that the Fast and Furious scene had a different element of measurement. As rough paint is good for 1 mph at 200, in TFATF world, it is good for 40 mph @ 120. (Just like their NOS is really good for 500 HP increase, and the stickers for the 40 horsepower.)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.