m5 killed me
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on m5 killed me within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; im cruisin last night with 2 girls in my car just on our way out when i see this maniac ...

m5 killed me

im cruisin last night with 2 girls in my car just on our way out when i see this maniac swervin through traffic. we catch a light and im 2 cars back and i notice the m series logo and get excited. i see m3's pretty often but id never seen an m5. so i say to my passengers, i bet this guy wants to race. the next light we get together and we line up. i see its some 50+ year old man with 4 people riding with him. we didnt have too much space plus we had passengers so i was just lookin to race to 60 or so, but this guy wouldnt look over or acknowledge us at all. i shouldve just launched anyway but instead i forfeited my only advantage and crept of the line till about 15 when he got on it. i floored first and by the time i shifted to 2nd he already had a good car length and a half. at the top of 2nd he was gone, prob 25 feet ahead. i went halfway through 3rd and let off, by that time it didnt even feel like a race. not the best way to impress some chics, but it was fun. the driver at least acknowledged my car was worth racing so thats good enough for me.

i didnt know too much about the car, but i found this online at bmwm5.com and it made me feel a little better about gettin smoked: 400 HP. 500 Nm. The facts say it all. The BMW M5 is the most powerful sedan in the world. And the fastest. It is the most powerful BMW ever built. Also the fastest accelerating production model BMW ever built.

anyone know 1/4 mile times for these?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

1/4 in mid 13's. 0-60 in high 4's. TXS IV will cure that problem

Originally posted by MrSwede
    1/4 in mid 13's. 0-60 in high 4's. TXS IV will cure that problem
    not if they meet on the highway.

Re: m5 killed me

Originally posted by ervv173
    The facts say it all. The BMW M5 is the most powerful sedan in the world. And the fastest. It is the most powerful BMW ever built. Also the fastest accelerating production model BMW ever built.

anyone know 1/4 mile times for these?
    Was the most powerful and was the fastest. Enter, the Audi RS6. http://www.fantasycars.com/sedans/html/rs6.html
    Sheppe (aka WRXless)
    '02 Jetta GLS 1.8T

Jetta Pic 1
    Jetta Pic 2
    Jetta Pic 3

Originally posted by BamBooI
    not if they meet on the highway.
    These forums crack me up. There is always some little kid who want to feel special. What is listed is 0-60 and 1/4. I could go down the same argumentative road and say "not if that highway is gravel."

These forums crack me up. There is always some little kid who want to feel special. What is listed is 0-60 and 1/4. I could go down the same argumentative road and say "not if that highway is gravel."
    He's just telling the truth.

Stage 4 will allow you to take the M5 from a dig, but not from a roll probably.

I don't think he was trying to start a fight.

These forums crack me up too. There is always someone that is way too sensitive
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

Re: Re: m5 killed me

Originally posted by WRXless
    Was the most powerful and was the fastest. Enter, the Audi RS6. http://www.fantasycars.com/sedans/html/rs6.html
    Try the new E55 AMG Mercedes at 469hp. Sam engine as the SL55 that puts out 493hp but with a restricted exhaust.

http://www.mbusa.com/brand/container...&modelCode=E55

Last edited by Carl AMG; 06-30-2003 at 09:12 AM.
    2003 Subaru WRX Sedan 5 spd.
    Platinum Silver, TurboXS Stage 3 and lots of other goodies. See profile.

2002 Mercedes Benz C32 AMG

2005 Lotus Elise on order

New M5

I feel obligated to inform you that the new M5 will have:

A F1 inspired V10 engine sporting a cool 9k redline. They say that should be good for at least 500 hp if not 550. Along with six possibly SEVEN gears to get it to speed I think BMW reclaims the throne...

Little kid? Right. I was being realistic. You don't race a car from a stop ALWAYS! I'm not one of the people that say rain, dirt, or ice. Cars do face head to head on the highway.

Re: New M5

Originally posted by CannonBaller
    I feel obligated to inform you that the new M5 will have:

A F1 inspired V10 engine sporting a cool 9k redline. They say that should be good for at least 500 hp if not 550. Along with six possibly SEVEN gears to get it to speed I think BMW reclaims the throne...
    I'm fully aware of the new M5 but the german hp war is far from over...if you look at the CURRENTLY available MB CL65 AMG it produces 612hp out of a twin turbo V12.

http://www.mercedes-benz.com/amg/e/c...serie_cl65.htm

I drove the E55 on the track at Lime Rock two weekends ago (and autocrossed the SL55)...it's a monster. Unfortunately, it started raining on a notoriously slick track later in the day and the car became a handful. Thank god for the ESP!

An instructor ran an E55 off the track into the bushes right before the no name straight because of the rain. No harm except for a dirty car and a bruised ego.

Don't get your knickers in a twist. I never said the M5 was the end all car. Simply pointing out that comparing the new Audi, Merc, etc to the old BMW isn't exactly fair.

Originally posted by CannonBaller
    Don't get your knickers in a twist. I never said the M5 was the end all car. Simply pointing out that comparing the new Audi, Merc, etc to the old BMW isn't exactly fair.
    The M5 you're referring to isn't close to being released to the public so the "new" M5 is the one with the lowly 400hp that you can purchase right now. By the time the new generation M5 is released Audi and MB will have something up their sleeves to attempt to counter the latest and greatest uber sedan.

BTW...I don't see what in my post would have think my "knickers were in a twist"
    Last edited by Carl AMG; 07-01-2003 at 01:47 PM.

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    To this day, the m5s is the ONLY car to hang with me from a roll! They're NO JOKE!! I respect the hell out of em!

Good death
    2003 SRT-4

Well the m5 is a monster, and the new m5 is going to just be plain scary. The new m5 is reported to be able to 0-60 in 3.9 seconds, which is amazing for a 3700 IB sedan, lets not forget the price tag for this supercar is only going to be about 80k. If you compare the price to the world of supercars its a steal. The current m5 is just amazing, you have to love the sound of the v8. Check out www.bmwfilms.com and the movie star to see the m5 in some action.

Matt
    Either you got a wicked jump shot or you're slinging crack rock, so I went the white-boy way of selling crack rock. I decided to become a stock broker.

Addicted to boost...

my wrx can take my m5 in a race to about 45-50mph (butt feel, anyone is up for an experiment ) . A race to 150 the outcome is a bit different. But if you have passengers it is probably going to cost the wrx more. Because the weight doesn't seem to effect the m5 as much as the wrx since the power to weight ratio will change less per passenger. The new AMG's are quite nice, sad to say the m5 doesn't have a chance in a straight line with them.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.