my 277 whp vs cayenne turbo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on my 277 whp vs cayenne turbo within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was on my way home from the palisades mall last nite around 2 AM on I-87 in NY when ...

my 277 whp vs cayenne turbo

I was on my way home from the palisades mall last nite around 2 AM on I-87 in NY when i spotted a cayenne turbo driving rather spiritedly through some light traffic. I had never seen one driven aggressively, so i figured, what the hell, might as well give it a try...I got along side of him at about 80 mph,inched forward a little to let him know i was gonna go, dropped to 4th and off we went. I hit 18 psi quickly, and shifted to 5th at about 120. He kept up rather well until i had to slow down to move into the next lane...I was back down to 80-85, shifted to 4th again, then punched it to 120, shifted to 5th and he was a good car length behind me in the next lane. Once i got to 135 i slowed down cus my radar detector was going off, but he just flew by me at what had to be about 150 mph. Anyway, just thought you'd all like to know that a heavily modded wrx can hang with the twin turbo v8 power of the cayenne (450 hp, 457 ft-lbs)...at least to 130 mph or so. Those things are wicked fast, even though they carry an extra ton of weight!
    Last edited by BassMan097; 06-29-2003 at 12:11 PM.
    2004 R32: 220 whp

For Sale: 2003 wrx
    376 whp @ 22 psi, 93 octane

Pics:
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/badassrex

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

WRX
    yep, I heard that they're even faster 0-60 than the boxter-S
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

Nice...those SUVs are just plain crazy. I'd love to get my hands on one
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

Does anyone know what they run at the track?
    293.2 hp to the ground
    267 lb/ft torque to the ground
    VF-30 Setup

Originally posted by THE ONE
    Does anyone know what they run at the track?
    At the Nurburgring I know that the Turbo model beat the Boxster S by at least 10 sec.!
    --Jared

go fast, take the apex(no matter what)

WRX
    I believe the episode of C&D I was watching said it ran either 13.0 or 12.8.
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

Originally posted by WRX
    I believe the episode of C&D I was watching said it ran either 13.0 or 12.8.
    WHA...that's awesome. You know, in the very near future, numbers like these will be the norm/standard of most production cars. It's an exciting future ahead of us
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

That is an impressive time. I don't want every car to be fast though. It's fun being faster than most other cars out there.
    293.2 hp to the ground
    267 lb/ft torque to the ground
    VF-30 Setup

those times are crazy...leave it to porsche to make a 5100+ pound SUV run 12's...I can still beat it though

Pics:

Originally posted by BassMan097
    those times are crazy...leave it to porsche to make a 5100+ pound SUV run 12's...I can still beat it though
    On the highway... What are your track times?
    '12 WRB Sedan

I hung with it on the highway until I backed off at 135 mph. Anything higher than that I would get beat. I mean, its a twin turbo v8, and at speeds that high i dont have a chance. Right now my car does 12.7-12.8 on stock clutch/flywheel and 93 octane. I'm hoping for 12.5 or so with a new clutch, lightened flywheel, headers, and a race pipe to get rid of the last cat i have. On race gas, maybe 12.2.

Pics:

I believe that there are two Cayenne model. I don't mean to flame but I sure hope you raced the twin turbo model.

cheers....BlueMax

Originally posted by bluemax
    I believe that there are two Cayenne model. I don't mean to flame but I sure hope you raced the twin turbo model.

cheers....BlueMax
    Yeah, it said Cayenne turbo

Pics:

I keep wondering how in this economy, those cars sell. I guess it's a good thing that all these sports SUV's and sports cars are selling to boost economy.

I think the porsche SUV is the first sign of apocalypse. Mr. Porsche must be rolling in his grave, knowing how his foundamental idea went tilted toward that monsterousity.

Now we just gotta see how the new Forester XT stacks up...Subaru is doing a heck of a job pumping out sleepers!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.