Worst Ricer Flyby EVER!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Worst Ricer Flyby EVER! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; After work tonight I decided to do some datalogging on low boost (17lbs) and see if there was any more ...

Worst Ricer Flyby EVER!

After work tonight I decided to do some datalogging on low boost (17lbs) and see if there was any more power to be had anywhere in the power band. After I'm done I get on 540 at Capital heading towards 40. As I do, I notice Integra headlights behind me. I think nothing of it, merge and I'm cruising. This Integra pulls up next to me and boxes me in as I'm coming up to another car.... and starts revving the crap out of his bumblebee hive. I wait, and wait, and wait, and the guy finally swings out to the far left lane giving me the chance to school him.

He takes off and I give him a nice big jump (a good 2-3 cars) then I downshift to third. I couldnt even get through third before I had to switch lanes to avoid rear-ending this tool. Throw it in 4th and proceed to destroy this kid up to 130. I had enough, so I put it in 5th and coast for quite some time.

After awhile, I start to search for him in my rear view but see nothing. Thinking he has turned off, I resume cruising at the legal limit. After a minute of this....... out of the blue..... headlights turn on right on my ass! The ricer flies by me going about 100!!!!

I couldnt believe what just happened. Needless to say, I dropped it into third again and caught the guy pretty quickly. He turned off, and so did I but he wouldnt stop or look over at me. I passed him and gave him the ole one finger salute.

I've seen some serious ricer flyby's but this takes the cake! I'm still laughing about it. Has anyone had this happen to them???
    Last edited by silverscooby; 06-28-2003 at 09:40 PM.
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

What an a$$hole!

Dont you have a 2.5L engine in your car, I think I remember seeing that somewhere? Anyway what kind of power are you putting down you have some impressive mods.
    Dan- 2004 PSM 5spd

"Days get shorter, nights get longer, snow gets deeper, life gets better."

It's a 2.2

On low boost I'm putting down 300whp

High boost is 353whp

High boost and nitrous = afraid to find out!
    12.5@109
    11.6@125

What kind of boost do you normally run? How did you make your car a 2.2L anyway? Hows the 18g?

Back to on-topic, I have had several "ricers" fly by after a race. I just expect it now. After the RFL muffler was put on I seem to get a bit more attention from that crowd.

I run 17psi normally. I have another street map with 18.5 psi, another with 19.5 psi. My high boost map runs 24psi.

The 2.2 is from Cobb Tuning. I sent them my entire engine and they redid the block and bolted on stock heads. I recommend getting at least better cams for the heads when building a motor. The USDM cams bite the big one up top compared to the STi cams. The problem is exaggerated on a 2.2 for some reason.

The 18g is the bomb. I gained an honest 40whp over my old VF22 by switching to is. Same mods.
    12.5@109
    11.6@125

Re: Worst Ricer Flyby EVER!

Originally posted by silverscooby

.... out of the blue..... headlights turn on right on my ass! The ricer flies by me going about 100!!!!

The only thing missing is the ricer throwing on his flashers after the ole' 1 minute later fly-by.
    -09 Impreza 2.5GT 13.72/ 99.4/1.926
    -99 Mustang 10.64/136.41.57
    -08 R32 (bone stock)

Sounds like a typical ricer... I have that kind of thing happen all the time here, usually with Eclipses. Had an ancient 4-door non-Maxima Nissan of some sort try me yesterday and there was traffic, so I had to get behind him...when he couldn't drop me, he did the I'm-not-looking-at-you-because-you-beat-me-******* thing and then took off across a few lanes...narrowly missing other cars. Thought it a good idea not to chase.

Stinking dangerous ricers...

RN

This is becoming the norm.
    They get roasted by a superior vehicle and driver. Then they decide to show their prowess with the Fly-by technique.
    I am impressed- how about you?! Just another reason to laugh at them! (They give us alot of reasons. This one must be a written law in the Fast and Furious handbook.)
    Last edited by Wannabe; 06-29-2003 at 02:04 PM.

hey silver,

that wasn't a bumblebee hive you heard. It was a gerbil on an exercise wheel in his engine bay.

It obviously needed WD-40. lol.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.