I was dead even with a GT

This is a discussion on I was dead even with a GT within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I took my axleback off for the day and went around town looking for competition and found a silver GT ...

I was dead even with a GT

I took my axleback off for the day and went around town looking for competition and found a silver GT 5 spd at the light. I looked at him and he heard the throaty ass boxer. So we turned the corner and as soon as i put it in 2nd i was about 45 or 50, then he gunned it and i heard him and i look in my side mirror and he is still the same distance he was before, without the axle back this thing screams man. I also was even with LT1 model z28 it was a convertible, we raced from 15 and up and we head to head, these were my first two races ever with my car, i just broke it in today.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

and i was suprised becasue the whole time i didnt think my car was a match for a GT or even the LT1s.

put a $50 MBC on your car and you would have showed them your taillights.
    2002 Silver WRX with:

TurboXS MBC @ 15.5, Kartboy Short Shifter, Kartboy Shift Bushings, Godspeed Uppipe, Custom 3" Turboback Exhaust with 4" Bellmouth and Flowmaster Muffler, Eibach Springs, Diablo C9 18" Rims, Wings West body Kit and Wing

Originally posted by MisterFast
    and i was suprised becasue the whole time i didnt think my car was a match for a GT or even the LT1s.
    A WRX can handle a GT, if the WRX is well driven.

RN

yea i just raced another one today and i was on his rear bumper the whole time and he couldnt get away. I was woundering what rpm all u guys shift at, i shift at around 6700 because i heard the wastegate bleeds at 7k

Originally posted by MisterFast
    yea i just raced another one today and i was on his rear bumper the whole time and he couldnt get away. I was woundering what rpm all u guys shift at, i shift at around 6700 because i heard the wastegate bleeds at 7k
    Shifting depends on situation...sometimes I'm not paying close enough attention to the tach, so it runs up to 7K before you know what happened...

RN

I raced a stage II Roush mustang 5 spd

From a 15 MPH roll.....I was at around 3500 when i nailed it....Pulled hard in first, = 1.5 cars. raced until about 96 mph when i shut it down, had about 2 cars on him.....He was cool, couldn't believe it though, said he wants a wrx...his passenger says "what you got in that thing" i said Flat 4 turbo, just and exhaust.....Cool doods....i was alone...Just waxed and washed the car for saturday mornings canyon run with BMWM5.com, it was late friday night on a street i know very well....

I need Ecutek....

Christopher
    05 SMG M3
    04' WRX
    01' M5
    soontobetwinturboE92

Mustangs are really not a challenge for a well driven WRX.

I was dead even with a newer gt from 0-70. I had two people in my car. It sounded like he had exhaust.
    '04 WRB premium package.
    Gutted Stock up, Godspeed dp, Cobb AccessPort (Stage 2), Omori Turbo Guage, Omori EGT Guage, Falken 512's

my best kill was on a mustang gt with exhaust and 150 shot... he couldnt race for anything... got .5 seconds on launch alone.

-mike