wrx vs bmw z3
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on wrx vs bmw z3 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was pulling out of my spot at a local gas station, I turn around to back out and there ...

wrx vs bmw z3

I was pulling out of my spot at a local gas station, I turn around to back out and there is a z3 with the guy staring at me while reving.
    I follow him out of the station and down the road until we get a light. We both rev pretty hard and launch. I was surprised at how much I crushed him. By 70 I was 4-5 car lengths ahead. I let off to stop at the next light and he comes flying buy and slams on his breaks at the next light.
    I rolled down the window and the passenger goes, " Nice car, that thing is pretty fast" I reply with, "Thanks, your cars is nice also and you guys just don't give up." I thought he was going to go flying through the light
    I don't think he was happy about getting beat by a 4 door sedan so he had to get ahead of me at any cost.
    Although it might seem whimpy by me letting off first, I didn't want to get into a macho game of chicken.
    My first kill had me smiling for a while.
    '04 WRB premium package.
    Gutted Stock up, Godspeed dp, Cobb AccessPort (Stage 2), Omori Turbo Guage, Omori EGT Guage, Falken 512's

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yeah, those things are not as fast as most people think. Now if it was an M coupe or roadster, watch out. Those suckers can move.
    03 Cobra
    566whp/515wtq

Pics
    & Dyno
    Pics

Yeah, I really launched pretty hard thinking it was going to be tough, your right, they really aren't that fast. I guess my first kill is kinda lame.
    '04 WRB premium package.
    Gutted Stock up, Godspeed dp, Cobb AccessPort (Stage 2), Omori Turbo Guage, Omori EGT Guage, Falken 512's

There is nothing lame about your first kill. Good job. Most BMW guys think they are the fastes thing on the road.

I drove a M Roadster...whoowhee what a fun car! I think the owner saw the glimmer in my eyes and asked that I pull over to give him the wheel back. Lotta punch in those things. I also drove a 6 cylinder Z, was okay(automatic took the fun out of it), it would straigten out some curves tho. Felt like a slot car, BMW knows how to involve the driver for sure.

The roadster I drove was the older 240hp version, I dunno what the new ones are like, but I'd hazard a guess that they are fantasic.
    2003 WRB Wagon. Vishnu Stage 2(VF30). DBA 5010's/steel lines/Carbotech Bobcat pads, MRT topmount. Tein coilovers, 22/24 mm sways, ALK....I'M DONE!!!!!!

jt2
    The first couple of years for the Z3 it was packing a wheezy 4 banger. It could barely get out of its own way, but as others have said, the M version is pretty quick. Most of the M versions have the 240 horse 3.2, but there are a few of them before the production run ended that got the new 333hp motor.

I had an '00 M with a Vortech S-trim in it for a while (gotta love the dotcom boom), and it was sick fast. Never took it to the track, but I'd guess mid 11's.

The big achillies heel of these cars is the rear suspension - to save money they used the setup out of the old E30 3 series, and coupled with the short wheelbase, it was damn twitchy.

my friend has a 3.0 96 or 97 z3 with an exhaust and he pulled on my on the freeway from 60 on up and when we shut down at 120 he was aobut 2 cars ahead, it's a stick

My friends dad (RIP) had a 98 M roadster, He let us take it out one night. Fun ride, really fast. My friend went stupid one time and said he took it to 155 on thie 5 mile bridge. No doubt they are fast. if you want a roadster dont waste money and get the z. The z4's I think are alot faster though. Oh yeah i saw an m3 roadster coupe, talk about a ***** car lol.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.