black's last win: M3

This is a discussion on black's last win: M3 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Guys.....the 02 is being replaced tomorrow by a new silver sti....but she begged me to keep her yesterday on the ...

black's last win: M3

Guys.....the 02 is being replaced tomorrow by a new silver sti....but she begged me to keep her yesterday on the way to pick up my buddy from the train station in brewster, ny. I was cruising up I-684, minding my own business in the middle lane. Up to the left comes a newer model M3 coupe (no idea what year but it definitely had the twin dual pipes in the center section of the back, which I think is the newer ones)...blue.....two guys in it and they come by me with the passenger looking back over his shoulder at me and reved it as they went by and cut me off to get in front of me........i dropped it in 3rd and got the drivers attention in his mirror by crawling right up on his ass...he dumped it, I dumped it at 4.5-5K and blew right by him with ease.
    I know, everyone in the forum is gonna call bs, I was even shocked how easy I went by him but it was a spanking...a hard spanking. By the time I went to 4th he was 3 cars back and trying....lol....but it was all over.......now according to what people have posted, my car should only be a low 13 sec car (which is what an M3 is so I cannot explain it unless he went to 4th vs 3rd), but on this day, my baby decided she would try one last ditch effort to keep me from selling her for the new one. Ole black did good :-)
    Tomorrow is time for a new chapter
    Volvo S60 R (as of July 05)

Formerly ka: BlackWrx
    SOLD 7/05----04 Silver STI
    SOLD: 02 black sedan, Lots of mods

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Congrats on your new STi

Your story is believable, he probably didn't react fast enough when you decided to get off his ass and pass him.

This was how I passed left lane campers on the freeway in my mom's avalon

who knows

yea, maybe you are right but I figured i would be "slowly" going by him versus just crushing him....I know he downshifted to "something" because the car got all squatty....but i was past him soooooo fast that i was laughing to myself (alone in the car) and couldn't believe it as i glanced in the mirror and saw that he could not close at all on me.......wish I could find those guys to ask them what happened
    Volvo S60 R (as of July 05)

Formerly ka: BlackWrx
    SOLD 7/05----04 Silver STI
    SOLD: 02 black sedan, Lots of mods