TT GN dyno - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on TT GN dyno within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; the GNX that chevys10 mentioned are not twin turbos. They had the same engine that the standard Grand Nationals had, ...

the GNX that chevys10 mentioned are not twin turbos.

They had the same engine that the standard Grand Nationals had, but with a ceramic turbo (to quicken spool up) as well as a reworked intercooler and transmission.

and yes, they were the fastest things around back in the late 80s and early 90s.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Christ, that thing could power a battleship. Any guess as to what it would run *if* it hooked up okay?
    IIRC his best with that engine was 9.xx
    he has since swapped engines and now runs 8.xx And If I do remember it is street legal.....LOL!!! I would HATE to accidently run into that thing on the street.
    Stock or something close to it.....

Originally posted by soon2BWRXd
    IIRC his best with that engine was 9.xx
    he has since swapped engines and now runs 8.xx And If I do remember it is street legal.....LOL!!! I would HATE to accidently run into that thing on the street.
    not like he's really a sleeper. 1st it's a GN 2nd u can hear that thing and see a couple turbo's hanging out.

as for the GNX. are u sure i was pretty sure it was a TT but i'm no GN expert. either way they are nasty cars
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

Yeah I think its the same engine as the GN and T-Type. Single turbo, different intercooler and maybe bigger injectors and stuff. I'm no GN expert either.

Anyone ever read the story about the guy in the baby blue T-type smoking the single turbo RX-7. It was on the camaro board like a year ago. I shoulda saved it. Pretty much the guy in the 7 was like "is that a grand national?" the guy in the T-type: "Nope " After he put about 4 buslengths on the guy they pulled over and he told him what was up. Its up there in my fav. kill stories. Bested, def. though, by the 97 'lude with i/h/e who thought he would beat a supercharged LT1 because "I have vtec, dude"
    2000 LS1 Camaro M6

Eh, I can so take him
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

Originally posted by drbyers
    the GNX that chevys10 mentioned are not twin turbos.

They had the same engine that the standard Grand Nationals had, but with a ceramic turbo (to quicken spool up) as well as a reworked intercooler and transmission.

and yes, they were the fastest things around back in the late 80s and early 90s.
    Thanks for clearing that up. That is what I thought too. If I had the choice though I'd get a 20th Anniversary Trans Am (1989) with that same Buick Turbo V6 in it. Personally, I just think the 3rd gen F-bodies looked better than the Monte/Regal/Olds Cutlas bodies of the time.

This talk is getting me pumped up for the Car Craft Nats in two weeks here in St. Paul. I'll be taking lots of pics and post some here for you guys. Should be a few GN's and plenty of "old school" muscle.
    Chris
    2000 WS6 Trans Am
    M6(Hurst)
    MODS: Direct-Flo Lid, GMS MAF, BG Ram Air Mod,
    Hotchkis STB, EGR Mod, Corsa Exhaust (No Muffler)

Let me tell ya' what Melba Toast is packin' right here alright. We got 4.11 positrac outback, 750 double pumper, Edelbrock intake, bored over .030, 11:1 pop-up pistons, Turbo-Jet 390 horsepower.....We're talkin' some f*%#in' muscle!!
    Wooderson - Dazed & Confused

Grand Nationals are 4.3L single-turbo monsters. All variations are single turbo with various levels of badassness.

-Jim

Originally posted by PlatinumWRX
    Grand Nationals are 4.3L single-turbo monsters. All variations are single turbo with various levels of badassness.

-Jim
    Wrong! All GN's, Turbo Regals and 1989 20th Turbo TA's are 3.8L Single turbo. The only 4.3L Turbo vehicles that I know of are the GMC Typhoon and Cyclone.

The GN in this discusion is no where hear stock and as mentioned may have a SB V8 instead of the V6.

Originally posted by WRXin'
    Eh, I can so take him
    yah, no shi+. plus, that thing needs a front lip and a spoiler.

Good lord! I think I just soiled myself. That thing is the shiznat!
    Sheppe (aka WRXless)
    '02 Jetta GLS 1.8T

Jetta Pic 1
    Jetta Pic 2
    Jetta Pic 3

BWD

Love the smoke puring from the rears as he gets on it!

Crazy!
    03 WRX Wagon

Originally posted by Big_Red_1
    Wrong! All GN's, Turbo Regals and 1989 20th Turbo TA's are 3.8L Single turbo. The only 4.3L Turbo vehicles that I know of are the GMC Typhoon and Cyclone.

The GN in this discusion is no where hear stock and as mentioned may have a SB V8 instead of the V6.
    Whooops!!! 3.8L, right. My bad.

-Jim

While the car makes some serious power, the owner is a ****. And why take a real GN and throw in a v8? The little 6 is what makes the car special. Put a V8 in a regular regal. My dad's smog legal 4.5L (V6) GN is not much slower and he actually drives it to work once in a while. I don't mean to be cynical, but I don't know why some peope think they're better than others because they have a faster car.
    Slow 84 GN

Ok, I just seen a thread about this on another car side and this is what it is siad to have:

"Chris Chow's 87 WE-4. The motor in the car belonged to Bob Rieger originally, who had the motor in a tube chassis car that made 1800 hp with the boost turned up. The motor, a 390ci SBC with twin T-76 q-trim turbos, is in a de-tuned state in order to avoid twisting the stock chassis of the buick. The car has went 8.50 @ 162, coming out soft since the only really suspension the car has is a wolf-bar, along with drag shocks and springs. Also it is a small tire car(28 inch)."

Here is a track run video....
    http://fasttrackperformance.com/page...how%208.51.mpg
    Chris
    2000 WS6 Trans Am
    M6(Hurst)
    MODS: Direct-Flo Lid, GMS MAF, BG Ram Air Mod,
    Hotchkis STB, EGR Mod, Corsa Exhaust (No Muffler)

Let me tell ya' what Melba Toast is packin' right here alright. We got 4.11 positrac outback, 750 double pumper, Edelbrock intake, bored over .030, 11:1 pop-up pistons, Turbo-Jet 390 horsepower.....We're talkin' some f*%#in' muscle!!
    Wooderson - Dazed & Confused

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.