XT (1/4 mile in 13.8) versus WRX
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on XT (1/4 mile in 13.8) versus WRX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Latest Car and Driver Subaru Forester XT: 0-60 @ 5.3 seconds 0-70 @ 6.9 seconds Street start 5-60mph: 6.3 seconds ...

XT (1/4 mile in 13.8) versus WRX

Latest Car and Driver

Subaru Forester XT:

0-60 @ 5.3 seconds
    0-70 @ 6.9 seconds

Street start 5-60mph: 6.3 seconds

Standing 1/4 mile: 13.8 seconds @ 97mph

top gear acceleration 30 - 50 mph = 8.4 seconds

50 - 70 mph = 8.1 seconds

120mph in 26.7 seconds
    110mph in 19.5 seconds

Ground clearance: 7.5"
    Most impressive number is the street start. Looks like it actually has some low-end torque, wooohooo!

Talk about a sleeper... I bet the STi upipe without the cat bolts right on.

Curious if other mags match these numbers. Damn subaru for making my decision difficult!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

HOLY MARY MOTHER OF GOD!!!!!!!

That is NUTS!!! Car and Driver always produces the quickest times, they did for the WRX, 5.4 and 14.0 IIRC.

I just cannot believe what I read!!

-joe
    '02 WRB Sedan

Removed silencer w/ Akimoto Velocity Stack, Blitz Dual TT, Autospeed Prototype Up-pipe w/ Flex-joint, Autospeed Crank Pulley, Autospeed OEM Dead Pedal, Samco IC Hoses, Axxis Pads, Goodridge Lines, Neo Synth Brake Fluid, Speedbleeders, Eibach Pro-Kit, Perrin Endlinks and Rear Sway, 17" Sub Zeros w/ 225/45 ES100s, Crucial Racing Thermostat and 1.4bar Radiator Cap, Autometer Sport-Comp Oil Pressure, EGT, and Voltmeter on the A-Pillar, STI Hoodscoop.

That street start is faster than the EVO!

XT = teh fastast car evAr!!!!

-joe
    '02 WRB Sedan

Removed silencer w/ Akimoto Velocity Stack, Blitz Dual TT, Autospeed Prototype Up-pipe w/ Flex-joint, Autospeed Crank Pulley, Autospeed OEM Dead Pedal, Samco IC Hoses, Axxis Pads, Goodridge Lines, Neo Synth Brake Fluid, Speedbleeders, Eibach Pro-Kit, Perrin Endlinks and Rear Sway, 17" Sub Zeros w/ 225/45 ES100s, Crucial Racing Thermostat and 1.4bar Radiator Cap, Autometer Sport-Comp Oil Pressure, EGT, and Voltmeter on the A-Pillar, STI Hoodscoop.

my goodness, and that how much more does that thing weigh then a wrx or sti?

just imagine what it can do w/some simple bolt on, esp. a bigger intercooler, the factory looks like a joke
    k&n, sti-hoodscoop, engine mounts, & tranny mount, blitz dtt, catless up-pipe, samco ic hose, greddy CC, cusco f/r swaybars, gutted midpipe, oil cooler, prodrive exhaust & f/r replica sti strut tower bar, gunmetal rota tarmac, goodridge ss lines, p'n'p exhaust manifold

deny the fly-by

Same weight as the WRX, I could not believe that when I saw it but apparently it is true. My father is getting one, I have a gutted uppipe for him already (as long as it fits)!!!!

-joe
    '02 WRB Sedan

OH great the last thing we need are grandma's and grandpa's smoking us in the forester XT. they cant even control the buick lead sleds

Damn!! Talk about mini Typhoon hahahaha
    01 CL Type S *Sold*
    04 Silver/Gold STi
    -COBB AP Stage 2 / 93 oct
    -Drop in K&N filter
    -Bosal Single Tip Catback
    -Helix 3" Catless Downpipe
    -Replica STi front strut tower brace

HOLY $$#%!!! 13.8!? That is $#$$ing insane.... damn, the wife has been looking for a minivan or station wagon... I found her new ride!!!!! christ... whats the difference in the powerplant between the WRX and the Subaru Forester!? Maybe its just gearing.
    STIwish
    -------------------
    03 Subaru WRX Sedan WR Blue -
    RIP

2.5L turbo. Has the variable cam timing and some components of the STi. How much is yet to be determined.

-B

DAMN.......... *goes to see what the sticker on a new XT is*
    STIwish
    -------------------
    03 Subaru WRX Sedan WR Blue -
    RIP

Hell yea, that's what i'm talking about.

:dreaming: Same block as STi.. mods probably bolt right up... 300+ hp in a wagon.... yummy.....
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 Black
    221 whp/ 241 wtrq *Stock*
    13.585 @ 102.88 *Stage 1*

"Nothing gives you such a sense of the infinite as stupidity"

$28K fully loaded.

-joe
    '02 WRB Sedan

Was this the Motor Trend issue with the Turbo Baja as well, the August issue. They said Forrester XT did 0-60 in 8.6 seconds and that the engine was the STi engine but it was tuned for torque so its putting out 210bhp. Where did you get your numbers?
    Dan- 2004 PSM 5spd

"Days get shorter, nights get longer, snow gets deeper, life gets better."

NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!! XT has to weigh more then the wrx, and it produces less power. If we think about it logically, were talking about power that does not match data. The XT here in Greece barely hits the 8's in the 0-60.

The car is a 2.5L, has awd, is longer, and taller, and im guessing wider then the wrx, how can it weight almost the same as the wrx? with 210 hp, it just cant do it. the infinity fx35(?) does it in high 6's the 0-60mph and quarter in 15seconds. i just cannot believe this until i see it in person.

does anyone have direct links to these stats.
    Last edited by ellinopedo182; 06-27-2003 at 05:32 PM.
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

I am right with you ellinopedo182......according to Motor Trend (Aug/03) they test drive the Baja turbo and Forester 2.5 xt and they got 8.6 and 8.5 seconds 0-60 respectively. The Forester has enhanced low and midrange torque compared to the WRX but the WRX wins in sheer sped and quickness.....the turbo legacy's will be a much more worthy adversary.

EDIT: Oops I see someone else mentioned motor trend before I....
    MY MODS
    *GET YOUR CLUBWRX KEYRING*
    http://clubwrx.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=54791&highlight=keychai n

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.