XT (1/4 mile in 13.8) versus WRX - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on XT (1/4 mile in 13.8) versus WRX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; how is XT the poor man's STI? it's k + tax + destiny charge + etc. It cost not that ...

how is XT the poor man's STI?

it's $28k + tax + destiny charge + etc.

It cost not that different from STI, but STI is really made as a sports car and XT isn't.

WIth the money spend on XT with mod $ + labor $ + etc, then it'll be way over how much STI costs, without the stuff that STI comes with, (dual bean HID, intercooler sprayer, etc)

That's what I think. I still think WRX is a far better deal then XT. It looks like most of the parts on XT is borrowed from WRX.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Ive heard of 3 people who got the xt for 24k out the door. Base modle and you can get them for less then msrp.

And you can make a sti a sleeper. I see a 2.5 rs as a pretty sleeper vehicle and you can make a sti look just like that except for the brakes.

Paint the calipers black, get some toned down silver wheels, and a black fmic swap for a rs hood and get rid of the wing and no one will look at you.

Oh and exactly what part is borrowed from the wrx? The only one I can think of is the wrx turbo.
    Alex

Originally posted by ex-screamer5300
    how is XT the poor man's STI?

it's $28k + tax + destiny charge + etc.

It cost not that different from STI, but STI is really made as a sports car and XT isn't.

WIth the money spend on XT with mod $ + labor $ + etc, then it'll be way over how much STI costs, without the stuff that STI comes with, (dual bean HID, intercooler sprayer, etc)

That's what I think. I still think WRX is a far better deal then XT. It looks like most of the parts on XT is borrowed from WRX.

ex-screamer5300, English isn't your first language, is it?

2004 Forester XT+destination=$24,790+$550=$25,340
    2004 Impreza STi+destination=$30,995+$550=$31,545

Add to the STi the dealer markup and they aren't so close.

-Jim

ha, no it's my bad english. We all do it, the good english and the bad english.

I don't know why that matters here, unless you're an English teacher.

i got those figures off of the thread posted earlier in this thread. The figure that I got was $28k for the new XT.

I guess it's cheaper, but i still believe you need considerable amount to make it perform like STI.

I think WRX is easier to mod then XT.

For me, I like keeping things stock, ever since my prelude.

There is a good article on sports compact car magazine on WRX stock mod cars Vs, STI.

The prodrive, vishnu and STi hunter were the contender.
    Last edited by ex-screamer5300; 07-03-2003 at 05:57 PM.

Originally posted by PlatinumWRX
    I am VERY impressed with the Forester XT Turbo. I want one. Does Tein make coilovers for it?

-Jim
    I've heard of strut swaps from Impreza to Forester, so maybe the suspension parts are not very different.

I noticed you call it a wagon, I consider it a small SUV like CRV or Rav4.
    Subaru is so cool for putting balls in thier cars.
    What a great time to be a driver!

I think WRX is easier to mod then XT.

There is a good article on sports compact car magazine on WRX stock mod cars Vs, STI.

The prodrive, vishnu and STi hunter were the contender.
    And exactly how did you come to the conclusion that a car you have never tried to mod will be harder to mod then a wrx? The xt will be able to use everything that is being developed by tuners for the sti right now. The exhaust may be a little different but most parts will swap right in. For less then 2k the xt will easily be at 300hp 300ftlbs of torque. All you need is injectors, turbo and ecu. Now if you are talking about suspension modification that may be a differnt story.

As for the scc article it was pretty crappy. The sti killed all of the tuner cars except for the vishnu. The problem with this is the vishnu car had r-compounds on it which gave it the slight edge that it beat the sti by on each test except for acceration.

The stage 2 vishnu car was only 2-3 tenths faster then the sti in 0-60 and the 1/4 mile. When you take into account that the sti has an extra shift both to 60mph and through the quarter you can see that the sti pulled just as hard through each gear and only lost time on the shifting.

The saddest part of the article is the $50K tuner car barely beat out stock wrx numbers.
    Alex

Originally posted by afpdl
    As for the scc article it was pretty crappy. The sti killed all of the tuner cars except for the vishnu. The problem with this is the vishnu car had r-compounds on it which gave it the slight edge that it beat the sti by on each test except for acceration.
    Agreed. they should've put the same tires on all the cars. That article was a waste of time.

-Jim

I was referring to the tranny and suspension mod on XT. My bad for not specifying it.

Engine tunnning must be fairely simple since it is the same engine as the STI's. But still, I'm sure having a fast engine isn't going to be all that great on XT, since the bodys not made to handle that much power.

I think it's like having olympic sprint runner's heart in a body of someone who've climbed mountains all day.

But I'm excited about XT, even the new legacy. We just gotta see how they do.

$25000 + vishnu stage 2($4300) =$29300. 0-60 4.2~4.4 1/4 mile at 12.4~12.7 @105 mph (then add suspension components)

I don't know how much Vishnu might of exaggerate on their website, but that's fairely quick.

Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    I Support ClubWRX
    There's been discussion on other forums that the XT tranny might be a little beefier than the WRX tranny, since it has to handle more low-end torque due to the 2.5L. That still remains to be seen of course, especially once people start modding the engine to STi levels. It seems that those who have driven the XT thus far however say that the tranny's much smoother than the WRX's, so...*shrug*

Oh and I'm not sure what "harder to mod" means, at least suspension-wise. I've seen a few JDM magazines where they list a plethora of aftermarket Forester parts, including coilovers, struts and springs, sway bars, and brakes...even for this latest chasis. So, I suppose the "harder to mod" would mean more like "you gotta have a crapload of money" and a good vendor to get you stuff from Japan, rather than just harder to actually do the modifications physically
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Vice President and Editorial Manager, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 15 Audi S3 "Ella" | 2010 A4 (traded in) | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

yeh, you have to have a lot of money to do the suspension, tranny mod, (conversion to 5 speed or STI 6 speed if you really want a sports car) and it's finding the right components. It's easy to put springs and shocks in to lower it. But to make it handle the power at the right balance is the key that I see here.

Right bushing, anti-sway bar, etc that balances the power out so it could handle well. That's why I said it's going to be hard.

Sorta like Mine's Skyline, where balance and power is emphasized.

that's all. I think Subaru makes some innovative cars but far as reliability, I still don't think they're close to Honda or Toyota.

Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    I Support ClubWRX
    yeh, you have to have a lot of money to do the suspension, tranny mod, (conversion to 5 speed or STI 6 speed if you really want a sports car) and it's finding the right components.
    There are 5-speed manual XTs...not all of them are autos
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Vice President and Editorial Manager, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 15 Audi S3 "Ella" | 2010 A4 (traded in) | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

EX before you say anything else could you please at least try to check if it has any factual basis?

Spending money on a tranny mod to convert a 5spd to a 5 spd is one of the funniest things I have heard all day though.
    Alex

and why keep talking about a staggering weight difference?

I thought the forrester had an Impreza frame to begin with. . .and so did the Baja.

I believe the baja is based off the legacy chasis. Im not sure if the forrester is the same as the impreza though.
    Alex

Originally posted by afpdl
    I believe the baja is based off the legacy chasis. Im not sure if the forrester is the same as the impreza though.
    The Baja is a Legacy.
    The Forester is an Impreza.

-Jim

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.