XT (1/4 mile in 13.8) versus WRX - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on XT (1/4 mile in 13.8) versus WRX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I think the biggest thing helping the numbers is the gearing. I'm considering trading in my WRX sedan for a ...

I think the biggest thing helping the numbers is the gearing. I'm considering trading in my WRX sedan for a Forester XT.
    Catalytic converters are for hippies.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

It's gotta have more drag though right? So at high speeds it will take more power to do the same as a WRX. Wonder how it handles.

WOW!! If these numbers are accurate (first post) then that thing is going to be another badass to deal with!!

Does Subaru over you guys crate motors from the dealer?
    2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i [Bone Stock]
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 [303 hp/323 tq] - SOLD

Originally posted by OotabaJinga
    How is the Forester faster than the WRX when it's heavier and has less horsepower? Does the torque make that much of a difference? Any chance this was a preproduction model?

Horsepower is a very funny thing. Semmingly manufacturers make an arbritrary number and run with it.

Thats why the dodge SRT4 makes 220whp but it is only STATED as 215 crank.

Why does an LS1 camaro make more to the wheels than it does to the crank?

Kinda makes me wonder if that 50 horsepower we loose "to the wheels" is actually drivetrain loss. Has anybody figured out how many horsepower it takes to spin a AWD drivetrain?
    VS1/TXSII Hybrid (RIP)

Me: I hit a highway divider at 120...
    Stupid Cousin: Is that a bad thing?

Originally posted by drizze99
    WOW!! If these numbers are accurate (first post) then that thing is going to be another badass to deal with!!

Does Subaru over you guys crate motors from the dealer?

Hehe, what has the world come to... how embarrasing would it be if you were to pull up in a mudstain GT with your hot girlfriend and get your butt waxed by a Forrester WAGON! and a dodge neon! No longer a pipe dream its gonna happen!
    VS1/TXSII Hybrid (RIP)

Me: I hit a highway divider at 120...
    Stupid Cousin: Is that a bad thing?

Yea, seriously!! The look on their face would be priceless!! Imagine the convo between him and his hottie after getting OWN3D!!
    2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i [Bone Stock]
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 [303 hp/323 tq] - SOLD

that is fng crazy insane silly.... wonder how it handles...
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

Actually, it is true. Even the engine code part #s are the same.

My question is....what tranny is in that thing. It is a 5spd for sure...but it can't be the same one found in WRXs. With the torque that thing will produce, trannies will shred in no time (exaggeration, but non-the-less probable).

VV

Originally posted by Red Rocket
    That is certainly not true.

Kevin

The tranny feels much better than it did in my stock wrx. 1st is easy to get into (and you don't have to crawl under 5mph or double clutch to downshift from 2nd-1st) as well as reverse. Very nice and tactile shifts. Not rubbery at all. No morning clutch shudders either! I'll be replacing the tranny and diff fluid to synthetic as soon as i'm finished with break-in.

a rumor was that the tranny is a modified forester x/xs tranny NOT a wrx tranny. I would certainly hope subaru was smart enough to give it beefier gears considering that the f-xt has more torque and how weak the wrx trans was.

yea we know it has more torque, but how does it handle!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
    2004 PSM sedan - 5 speed
    helix rsb + endlinks/gutted uppipe/whiteline steering rack bushings
    stg II next spring...
    AIM: maxler3
    gutted up pipe for sale - $60 shipped anywhere in the US. pm for details

Originally posted by wrxwex
    yea we know it has more torque, but how does it handle!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
    This is true. The one reason to get a WRX wagon instead of a Forester XT is handling. The WRX will hand the forester it's ass in the corners.

I am VERY impressed with the Forester XT Turbo. I want one. Does Tein make coilovers for it?

-Jim

The xt has the same tranny ratios as the NA forrester, it is not a wrx tranny.

The engine is the same as the sti just with mini intercooler and a wrx turbo. There is no cat in the uppipe just as there is no cat in the sti uppipe. wrecked forrester will become the car to look for to do engine swaps with, a sti intercooler, turbo, and tuning and it will make just as much power. But I doubt the tranny woudl be able to take more then 300hp/300ft lbs.

And it is not the poor mans sti as it only has one componet of an sti. You are missing out on the dccd and suspension, it would take quite a bit of money to get a xt to hand a sti its all on the track ( And I dont mean the 1/4mi track).
    Alex

Originally posted by afpdl
    And it is not the poor mans sti as it only has one componet of an sti. You are missing out on the dccd and suspension, it would take quite a bit of money to get a xt to hand a sti its all on the track ( And I dont mean the 1/4mi track).
    The six speed, DCCD, and Brembos make the STi a giant-slayer. A low compression 2.5L turbo motor in a small wagon make it a sleeper. I just sent Tein an email and asked if they plan to make coilovers for the XT Turbo. If so, that solves one problem.

-Jim

Sorry its going to take more then coilovers to out handle the sti.

Ive seen the xt autox to get the handling up to par with cars in a stock you have to over come the higher center of gravity and remember the forrester chassy was not designed to handle as well as the sti, there will be more chassy flex apparent. Also I dont care how low coilovers put the car the center of gravity will still be higher then an impreza and that will be hard to overcome.

And differentials do a whole heck of alot to the handling of the sti.
    Alex

Originally posted by afpdl
    Sorry its going to take more then coilovers to out handle the sti.
    Agreed, but you seem to be missing the point. The STi will never be a sleeper. The Forester XT starts out as fast wagon (sleeper) with the potential to be VERY fast wagon. No one is saying you can start with a Forester and end up with an STi.

-Jim

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast