XT (1/4 mile in 13.8) versus WRX - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on XT (1/4 mile in 13.8) versus WRX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I wonder if it will beat teh SRT-4?!?!?!...

I wonder if it will beat teh SRT-4?!?!?!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Motor Trend did not test the Forester XT. They gave estimated times. The numbers, as I stated in the first line, is from the latest Car and Driver. They did do a full performance test.

-B

Originally posted by Beanboy
    Motor Trend did not test the Forester XT. They gave estimated times. The numbers, as I stated in the first line, is from the latest Car and Driver. They did do a full performance test.

-B
    I still wonder how a car with less hp(210) and weighs more than a WRX(or atleast it should) can be faster.
    Dan- 2004 PSM 5spd

"Days get shorter, nights get longer, snow gets deeper, life gets better."

Wha...those are some impressive numbers!
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

Originally posted by PolarisSnT
    I still wonder how a car with less hp(210) and weighs more than a WRX(or atleast it should) can be faster.
    For the record, it's got more torque.

TTIWWP! Anybody have some?
    Aloha, Richard...
    Retired Moderator
    TXS Stage 4 UTEC + TMIC + JoeP
    12.75 @ 105.67mph - 1.74 60'

Originally posted by is2scooby
    TTIWWP! Anybody have some?
    ask and u shall recieve

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...hreadid=374134
    k&n, sti-hoodscoop, engine mounts, & tranny mount, blitz dtt, catless up-pipe, samco ic hose, greddy CC, cusco f/r swaybars, gutted midpipe, oil cooler, prodrive exhaust & f/r replica sti strut tower bar, gunmetal rota tarmac, goodridge ss lines, p'n'p exhaust manifold

deny the fly-by

I couldn't accurately judge how the xt stacked up to a stock wrx, (in terms of straight line performance) because mine has been far from stock for a long long long time, so I took time to drive the 5M xt back to back with a 5M 04 wrx. I know from personal experience.I just picked up my xt from the dealer last night and I kid you not, the STOCK XT IS FASTER THAN THE STOCK WRX.

Originally posted by ellinopedo182
    NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!! XT has to weigh more then the wrx, and it produces less power.
    Originally posted by ellinopedo182
    If we think about it logically, were talking about power that does not match data.
    Read the stats on www.subaru.com , the xt weight is SIMILAR to the wrx. 5M WRX wagon (w/o sunroof) 3165 and 5M XT (w/o sunroof and leather) is 3210. Thats only 45lbs difference!! XT has more torque ( and most likely more ACTUAL power, not on paper), larger displacement, AVCS, shorter gearing (4.41), etc...etc... so yes, even theoretically with published info, it would make sense that the xt would be quicker, but I'm not surprised that it's faster...

If you read in forester forums, you'll find that the XT was making WAY more power than the wrx on test models and subaru was worried that the xt would steal sales from the wrx, so they "detuned it" and UNDERrated the power. Think about it, there are a lot of cars that are underrated. (ex: srt-4, 03 cobra, supra tt, sti, etc...). The XT is indeed one of them. Besides, like someone mentioned, the xt devlops more torque and torque=et (and judging by the trap speed, the xt has a lot more hp than actually rated). The 4.41 gearing helps too.

I haven't had time to actually start tearing things apart, but from the looks of it, the turbo is the same as the wrx (tdo4L-13g). Max boost is only ~11psi!!! (the wrx is ~14psi). The cmp ratio is boost friendly (don't have the exact stat in front of me but it's 8.something:1). A nice remapped ecu with turboback will definately put this car ABOVE the wrx turboxs stage2 range. The limitations are the turbo which is too small for the displacement, the intercooler, and possibly the injectors (well, if you plan on doing a turbo swap). No one has had them bench flow tested, so I might send mine out to rc eng. to find out. The xt uses the SAME block as the sti. And according to car and driver and car.com (or was it cars.com), it uses forged internals and sodium filled exhaust valves like on the STi! (all which the wrx doesn't).

I have big plans in store for this car and my wrx is probably going to stay in the garage (at least until my mrt gearset gets here). I'm expecting my xt to produce more power with less mods than on my wrx.
    Last edited by FastARSEWRX; 06-28-2003 at 05:43 PM.

Originally posted by PolarisSnT
    Was this the Motor Trend issue with the Turbo Baja as well, the August issue. They said Forrester XT did 0-60 in 8.6 seconds and that the engine was the STi engine but it was tuned for torque so its putting out 210bhp. Where did you get your numbers?
    Look in the back of the issue and compare the numbers to a na forester X/XS. Same 0-60! Then read the article again, the baja only comes in auto. The baja also weighs much more than the xt (by a good 300-400lbs), yet they est. that it will only be .1sec slower to 60. My process of thinking (as well as all the xt enthusiasts on forester forums) is that the estimated number for the xt is for an auto NOT manual. Also, subaru rates the XT 5M 0-60 at 6.1 which is very conservative (they originally rated the wrx 0-60 at 6.3).
    Last edited by FastARSEWRX; 06-28-2003 at 05:45 PM.

Re: XT (1/4 mile in 13.8) versus WRX

Originally posted by Beanboy

I bet the STi upipe without the cat bolts right on.
    From my visual inspection, the egt probe is gone from the xt uppipe and the uppipe appears catless!! I remember Trey Cobb confirming this as well. This is different from the pre-prod model I saw at the chicago auto show where the uppipe looked like the wrx uppipe.

the day has come when a stock forester can kick my ass

i need an sti or evo... soon!
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

I heard from two very reliable sources in the aftermarket Subaru community that the Forrester XT 2.5L and the STi 2.5L engine are IDENTICAL. Down to the injectors, internals and heads!! The only difference between the two cars is the turbo, intercooler and transmission (forrester only has 5spd or 4spd auto).

I think this is going to be the new 'poor mans STi' .
    Stock 2004 WRX STi
    Java Black on Silver

Originally posted by davidm_sh
    I heard from two very reliable sources in the aftermarket Subaru community that the Forrester XT 2.5L and the STi 2.5L engine are IDENTICAL. Down to the injectors, internals and heads!! The only difference between the two cars is the turbo, intercooler and transmission (forrester only has 5spd or 4spd auto).

I think this is going to be the new 'poor mans STi' .
    That is certainly not true.

Kevin

this figure is from toronto star newspaper.

210hp 247tq 1470kg

0-60 just over 6 sec.

modified impreza chassis
    detuned STi engine
    - 04 Java Black Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan

....6 Right, 50, 4 Left Tightens to 3 Long, 100, Jump Maybe, Care 6 Right, 30, Hair Pin Left Sign Outside, 30, 2 Right, 100 Over Finish.

How is the Forester faster than the WRX when it's heavier and has less horsepower? Does the torque make that much of a difference? Any chance this was a preproduction model?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.