Well got my WRX back...

This is a discussion on Well got my WRX back... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Picked up my wrx from the shop yesterday the grand total was somewhere around 0 worth of damage. There was ...

Well got my WRX back...

Picked up my wrx from the shop yesterday the grand total was somewhere around $700 worth of damage. There was no frame damage the bumper beam took most of the hit.

I took the car to an associate of a good family friend. A good honest family business. Let me say that the autobody shop did an awesome job. Bel Air Auto Collision does great work. The car is now flawless. The paint job just GLEAMS and you can take a micrometer to all the gaps in the body panels.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

glad to hear that it all worked out for you.
    '05 CGM Subaru Impreza WRX Mods
    '02 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX (sold)
    '94 Subaru Legacy Wagon L (daily)
    '90 Toyota Supra Turbo

What happened in the first place?
    STIwish
    -------------------
    03 Subaru WRX Sedan WR Blue -
    RIP

Please tell me you went through insurance
    STIwish
    -------------------
    03 Subaru WRX Sedan WR Blue -
    RIP

That is all it cost man they must have really hooked you up on the price. Glad to hear it came out good and so fast. Did you go thru insurance?
    --Tony

2002.5 Mazda Protege5
    1997 Mazda Miata STO Edition #774-1500 (Sold)
    2003 WRX Silver Sedan
    -STi Grill
    -STi Projectors
    -Aust Spec 17' wheels

Yeah I explained to her its be best way to do it to cover both our butts just incase things cost more than it should.

Yeah the guy hooked me up. He's friends with my one of my good friends dad which Ive known since I was 14.

Originally posted by TonyMS
    That is all it cost man they must have really hooked you up on the price. Glad to hear it came out good and so fast. Did you go thru insurance?
    Yeah that bumper beam is THICK its like 50 or 60 pounds of steel box section.

I cant say the same about the saturn's hood Judging by how scrunched up it was it probably absorbed most of the energy.

Her car is also wedged shaped she went under my car like a set of ramps. It looked like I could have backed up over her hood.

Her front fenders just shattered. Thank GM for dent resistant ABS panels WOOHOO! Are those even safe?
    VS1/TXSII Hybrid (RIP)

Me: I hit a highway divider at 120...
    Stupid Cousin: Is that a bad thing?

Originally posted by Butterfingers
    Her front fenders just shattered. Thank GM for dent resistant ABS panels WOOHOO! Are those even safe?
    If you figure that the energy is dissapated by shattering/crumpling, rather than being transferred to the occupants, yeah its safe.

Imagine this. You designed a crash-box so strong that it didn't buckle/curl/bend/deflect in any manner, guess where all the enegry goes? Either to the object ya hit, or to components inside the box, or you bounce. Either way, its not good for the organics inside the box.
    2003 WRB Wagon. Vishnu Stage 2(VF30). DBA 5010's/steel lines/Carbotech Bobcat pads, MRT topmount. Tein coilovers, 22/24 mm sways, ALK....I'M DONE!!!!!!

Isn't there a point at which the crumpling of a panel gets to be so easy that the primary impact punches through to the occupants? I mean, I could make a car out of origami paper that would crumple nicely in a crash, but I doubt it would protect worth a damn.