97 M3
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 97 M3 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; For a long time my friend with an M3 and I have wanted to race but one of us always ...

97 M3

For a long time my friend with an M3 and I have wanted to race but one of us always has a confict of some sort so finally a couple weeks ago we find a open street and do one run and he won by nothing I was lookin into his backseat at the end of it, but tonight I talked him into givin it another run so we go down to another open street and the first race I had probiably the worst launch I've ever had so he won again by nothing so we go one more time and i decided to launch a lil high so i slipped it from about 5800 and got probs my best launch ever shot ahead about a car pulled a lil more through second and third and I FINALLY BEAT IT o it was soooo nice to be a car that new was $40000+ new.
    Alright we'll I figured I'd share my night of fun cause i dont see to many kills of e36 m3's on here.
    O yea and I just have a HKS Hi-Power exhaust and an intercooler sprayer(which I just put in yesterday)
    and he has an intake
    -Bryan

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

punctuation is fun!
    Originally posted by AbACUZ
    im new in here, I am AbACUZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Originally posted by AbACUZ
    No where, is my style diferent, yes, I am AbACUZ.

Originally posted by TurboWRX
    punctuation is fun!
    LOL, now THAT was a long sentence...

I always thought I would get a 97 M3. Drove one back in 97 and loved it. I am more than happy with my WRX, athough I wish it had better brakes...

So with those mods your car can pull on an M3 even with a ****ty launch?

Maybe I misunderstood; if so, I apolgoize.

But RWD M3's get great launches (in the hands of a proper driver) so if you got a ****ty launch wouldn't he have put a few cars on you assuming he got a good launch? It ain't like he's driving a Honda or anything So basically what I'm saying is if he got a good launch and you got a ****ty one, then you must have pulled on him throughout the course of that race...

Good runs anyway. My roomate has a '97 M3 with I/E and its a fast mofo...

Please understand, these are honest questions. I'm not flamming or saying it didn't happen. I wasn't there so I obviously don't know.
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

Originally posted by smokey
    So with those mods your car can pull on an M3 even with a ****ty launch?
    It's a '97 M3...not the current 333hp monster. Those 97s had something like 230 hp, if I'm not mistaken. Nice kill BlueREX...finally
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

nice run. there is one of those riding around here, acting all big and bad.
    '05 CGM Subaru Impreza WRX Mods
    '02 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX (sold)
    '94 Subaru Legacy Wagon L (daily)
    '90 Toyota Supra Turbo

Originally posted by WRXin'
    It's a '97 M3...not the current 333hp monster. Those 97s had something like 230 hp, if I'm not mistaken. Nice kill BlueREX...finally
    240hp with 236lbs. or torque. I'm well aware of that

I think you missed the point of my post though (not in a bad way). He said he got ****ty launches yet was able to stay at the back door of the M3. If the M3 got good launches, wouldn't it have put a car or two on the WRX off the line????

So, if you take that into consideration, the WRX would have to be able to pull back up to the back door of the M3. See what I mean?

Or maybe they both got ****ty launches.

BTW, check out a dyno of a stock M3. They have plenty of power at any point in the band. There's no turbo spool-up, no waiting for vtec to engage, etc... You smash and go.

My launch the first race wasnt flat out s**tty like i didnt bog or anything just in comparison to the second launch. like the first race we just stayed dead even on the start but the second one i shot way ahead off the start.

240hp with 236lbs. or torque. I'm well aware of that

I think you missed the point of my post though (not in a bad way). He said he got ****ty launches yet was able to stay at the back door of the M3. If the M3 got good launches, wouldn't it have put a car or two on the WRX off the line????

So, if you take that into consideration, the WRX would have to be able to pull back up to the back door of the M3. See what I mean?

Or maybe they both got ****ty launches.

BTW, check out a dyno of a stock M3. They have plenty of power at any point in the band. There's no turbo spool-up, no waiting for vtec to engage, etc... You smash and go.
    Oh...gotcha

smokey -- don't feel bad about your launches. I haven't really been able to launch my car well until recently. I just never use any opportunities to practice launches. Now, I know my car so well that it's just natural that I know exactly what to do. I like the feeling of being catapulted to 60 mpoh in no time
    Fahd

Originally posted by WRXin'
    Oh...gotcha

smokey -- don't feel bad about your launches. I haven't really been able to launch my car well until recently. I just never use any opportunities to practice launches. Now, I know my car so well that it's just natural that I know exactly what to do. I like the feeling of being catapulted to 60 mpoh in no time
    I think you meant to aim that comment at the thread-starter. I don't have any problems with my launches...well, unless you call a complete lack of torque a good thing

Anyway, its the other guys you need to talk to...

I think you meant to aim that comment at the thread-starter. I don't have any problems with my launches...well, unless you call a complete lack of torque a good thing

Anyway, its the other guys you need to talk to...
    Oops...my bad
    Fahd

Well the E36 m3 is a great car any way you view it. The car is N/A and you must remember this car was not just built for straight line acceleration. It great for individuals who go to the track or auto-cross. This car has handles on rails and won some car and driver competetion in 98? Not to sure on what year but I do know that the e36 m3 has beaten the ferrari f355, porsche and nsx, in some handling competetion. And the car is not 40k the moment, maybe brand new when it was in production, however now a days you can get one from 15-25k. The engine on the m3's are just plain amazing and have a great exhaust note, however the prices for any perfomance modification are just ridulous. Check out www.activeautowerke.com for turbo pricing for bmw's.

Matt
    Either you got a wicked jump shot or you're slinging crack rock, so I went the white-boy way of selling crack rock. I decided to become a stock broker.

Addicted to boost...

no one is sayin anything bad about the car I was just very happy that i finally beat one. i meant 40k new, i know the kid payed about 24k for his and i went for i ride in it 3rd gear has soo much pull its insane damn n/a cars

Talking

lol don't worry I'm not trying to start a flame war. I love wrx's for its power, AWD and overall sleeper look. I actually got involved into this forum because of friend who told me there are some intelligent car enthusiast here.

Matt
    Either you got a wicked jump shot or you're slinging crack rock, so I went the white-boy way of selling crack rock. I decided to become a stock broker.

Addicted to boost...

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.