4 people=the slowness

This is a discussion on 4 people=the slowness within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Went to luch today with some coworkers. We all piled into the wagon, ate lunch and left. Last second while ...

4 people=the slowness

Went to luch today with some coworkers. We all piled into the wagon, ate lunch and left. Last second while at the light, I decided to make a left instead of wait for the light to turn so I could make a right. I had to "get on it" to avoid a 535 that jackrabbited from the line of traffic.

Oh my, what slowness ensued. I was kinda in limbo gear wise, bit too high to go into first and not scare the passengers, and low enough in 2nd that it felt like I had a freakin anchor hangin out the back. Once the turbo spooled, all was okay, still felt down on power. To top it off the 535 wanted to play, and I ended up owning him once the turbo was doin the FI thing. Still, an extra 500 pounds in the car was really felt. I think one of my passengers made some lewd gestures at the folks in the bimmer, ahhh well, it was interesting.
    2003 WRB Wagon. Vishnu Stage 2(VF30). DBA 5010's/steel lines/Carbotech Bobcat pads, MRT topmount. Tein coilovers, 22/24 mm sways, ALK....I'M DONE!!!!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I know how ya feel. Damn short first gear! Getting caught in second with no boost happens to me quite often because I cant throw it back into 1st unless I am almost completely stopped. Oh and my dad is pretty heavy and I can feel the difference in weight when hes just in the car.
    04 SVT Lightning

I Support ClubWRX
    Ah! Try driving my car with only one person in it - it feels like crap. Four people and it's all over handling wise, too.

Sometimes I wish I had a beast with lots of torque...Actually all the time.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

I had a little turbo car that was even worse than that. This car took the weight per horsepower rather well until people were in it. (I could pick up the back of the car by myself.)
    When there were four in it, the car would not go. One light driver and it would fly.
    It was embarassing because I would tell people that this thing was quick, but they wouldn't belive me after being one of four passengers driving around. Now I have a car with enough torque to rotate the earth, but only one seat. No passenger room to show them real power.