Stg 4 WRX vs Vette
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Stg 4 WRX vs Vette within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Leaving a business area ( 15mph speed limit) a white Stingray gets on my tail. There is a stop sign ...

Stg 4 WRX vs Vette

Leaving a business area ( 15mph speed limit) a white Stingray gets on my tail. There is a stop sign every 50ft as we make it out of this area and he is driving his vette right up my tail pipe. We finally come to a red light leaving the area. He is sitting behind me at the light. This guy keeps revving at me while we sit at the light. The Vette is very loud (side pipes and big block hood on perfect condition stingray). When the light turns green we both turn onto a 6 lane 50mph road. As soon as we both make the turn he nails it. I do the same. I pulled on him from the start. I get several cars in front of him and slow down. He then speeds by me. He gets caught at the next light up the road and I pull in next to him. (now we can go at it from a dead stop).
    He rolls down his window and yells over to me, " I CAN TELL YOUR RUNNING NITROUS". I told him no. I was just running a turbo and boost. He agains said " YOUR RUNNING NITROUS". I again told him no. I'm running 18psi boost with a turbo.
    So we both waited for the green. The light turned green and he nailed it. He got about a 1 car jump ( I let him) before I launched my car. By the time I shifted into 2nd gear I was blasting by him. I took my car up to about 80mph and had several cars on him. I then slowed down to the speed limit. He then went flying by me and never even looked over at me. I then let him go on his way. I proved my point.

The best part was that this guy thought is Stingray ( which was showroom perfect and very loud) was all that. He couldn't believe I wasn't running NOS and didn't take getting beat very well. When your so called muscle car gets beat by a little blue Subaru its tuff.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Good kill. Gotta love it when they can't take the pain.
    PM me if you're in the need for high speed affordable video hosting.

id rather have a 67 corvette stingray with a 427 and a blower over a stg 4 wrx any day.
    but nice kill
    "I put two and two together and decided - you're pissin' me off."

Originally posted by ViciousVolpe
    id rather have a 67 corvette stingray with a 427 and a blower over a stg 4 wrx any day.
    but nice kill

So when someone posts about beating a Porsche 911, do you immediately chime in " Well, I'd rather have a Porsche 911 than a WRX any day, but nice kill." Thanks for your input on your preference of cars.

Nice kill SGO. I wouldn't think there's too many late(r) model cars out there who could hold up in a race.
    2003 Black sedan
    TurboXS UTEC Stage 4 FMIC
    STi 6-Speed with R180 rear end
    APS SR50 turbo, UR 785cc Injectors, Perrin Fuel Rails
    12.5 @ 109
    *7/22/04 - Now with 2.5 Sti engine, still in break in so no times*

And I'd rather have an R34 GTR V-Spec II than either of them. What's your point???
    '02 Silver WRX
    - PDX Tuned Stage 2.5 w/ APS FMIC, ACT Street clutch & flywheel

Damn SGO, your car is just sick...I'd love to run a high 12 second car and see it pull football fields on me just to see it happen

It sucks though that the race was tainted by an ignorant fellow. Why do some many unintelligent car owners automatically assume that a car is running NOS (which I hate in itself since NOS is a company and nitrous is the prodcut, but that's another story) when they get beat by a "unassuming" car?

Really, it seems that Fast and Furious has "stupified" more than just silly ricer-kids...its seems to have led many self-professed car enthusiasts (old guys with classic cars) to believe that every new fast car is running NAWWWWWSSSS!

Good runs!
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

Originally posted by Mad Max 03

So when someone posts about beating a Porsche 911, do you immediately chime in " Well, I'd rather have a Porsche 911 than a WRX any day, but nice kill." Thanks for your input on your preference of cars.

Nice kill SGO. I wouldn't think there's too many late(r) model cars out there who could hold up in a race.
    im sorry...thats been my dream car since i was 10.
    id rather have anything faster than my car right bout now but it will come with time.
    "I put two and two together and decided - you're pissin' me off."

Dude, come on, confess, you're running NOOOOOOOSSSSSSSS.

What a tool!!!

-Jim

good beatin'!
    Lucky2003

Originally posted by ViciousVolpe
    im sorry...thats been my dream car since i was 10.
    id rather have anything faster than my car right bout now but it will come with time.
    My dad had a '69 Vette with a 427 and side pipes (I believe those are called Lake pipes?). Sweet cars for sure
    2003 Black sedan
    TurboXS UTEC Stage 4 FMIC
    STi 6-Speed with R180 rear end
    APS SR50 turbo, UR 785cc Injectors, Perrin Fuel Rails
    12.5 @ 109
    *7/22/04 - Now with 2.5 Sti engine, still in break in so no times*

That's great...and yeah, F&F seems to have seeped from its dark lair. It's amazing what "magic juice" people seem to think nitrous is...it can help on some cars but it isn't a miracle worker. Not just any car can slap on nitrous and be considered fast... Oh well. You all know that already.

RN

Originally posted by renichms
    That's great...and yeah, F&F seems to have seeped from its dark lair. It's amazing what "magic juice" people seem to think nitrous is...it can help on some cars but it isn't a miracle worker. Not just any car can slap on nitrous and be considered fast... Oh well. You all know that already.

RN
    I read similar stories in different forums. Whenever a car that thinks its should be faster gets beat, they always say he must have been spraying nitrous. Its helps their ego.

Originally posted by SGOSWRX
    I read similar stories in different forums. Whenever a car that thinks its should be faster gets beat, they always say he must have been spraying nitrous. Its helps their ego.
    That's too funny...not used to it yet.

RN

Sweet, as always...
    Aloha, Richard...
    Retired Moderator
    TXS Stage 4 UTEC + TMIC + JoeP
    12.75 @ 105.67mph - 1.74 60'

Whats funny is... every time i roast a Mustang (usually fox body 5.0s).. the first shot is 'Dude!! Can I see your NOS bottles?' or 'Man.. your using NOS.. thats pretty lame' and Im almost all stock.
    STIwish
    -------------------
    03 Subaru WRX Sedan WR Blue -
    RIP

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast